Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 272   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inane ramblings to avoid thread jacking  (Read 508284 times)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #1200 on: March 19, 2009, 07:22:46 AM »

Hey Ryan, Jed has a spare Large never opened if you want to try it.  Let me know and I will get you in touch with him.  Smiley

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1201 on: March 19, 2009, 08:10:18 AM »

Hey Ryan, Jed has a spare Large never opened if you want to try it.  Let me know and I will get you in touch with him.  Smiley

Always interested... will go try on some of them to see if large fits.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
ryandalling

« Reply #1202 on: March 19, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »

On another note....

anybody ever ridden a V-Strom? Trying to see how they compare to the fuglystrada.... as they are dirt cheap new... when compared to the Ducs.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
scott_araujo

« Reply #1203 on: March 19, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »

No, but I've been curious.  Same v-twin as the SVs but with easy adjustable rear shock and bigger, more comfy seat.  It looks like it would make a nice 2 up bike.  That fairing seems huge though.  I don't really like fairings at all and that one's a pig.

Scott
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #1204 on: March 19, 2009, 01:58:28 PM »

Ive been on the cougar run and seen some guys tearing up the mountain area on V-Stroms.  they are a capable bike, and probably pretty comfy for longer riding.

Maurice Miller

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
ryandalling

« Reply #1205 on: March 19, 2009, 02:21:30 PM »

Ive been on the cougar run and seen some guys tearing up the mountain area on V-Stroms.  they are a capable bike, and probably pretty comfy for longer riding.

Ya hear good things... but they don't sound as good.  Grin

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #1206 on: March 19, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

The 'strom is roomy and capable.  I'd rather spend the money on the Multi, though, because I prefer the way it feels.  Totally subjective thing.  While Suzukis are often the most capable per $... they kinda feel cheap to me.  I prefer the finish and feel of Hondas, Ducatis, and BMWs.  I may hate working on Hondas, but I think they're very well made as far as materials, switchgear, and assembly quality go.  If I wanted a disposable bike (crashable track flogger), then I'd buy a Suzook in a heartbeat.

Again, that's a totally subjective thing.

Random helpful tip: If you want some real-world reviews from users on the VStrom, check out the advrider forums.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #1207 on: March 20, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »

Bend Euro has a very, very nice SportClassic, 1000 mi on it, purchased at MotoCorsa then ridden to Bend and traded in for a dirtbike (obviously not the bike for him), 2006 Monoposto......  $7500... G LOVES it and we're working on trying to get it for her...  She keeps saying, "We need this for the house, we need that more than a toy, etc etc..."  SHE NEEDS A NEW BIKE!  Plain and simple, she needs this and I'll keep you all posted on the results... the fact that she keeps talking about it is a good sign...  gonna see if she wants to go for a ride today (before it snows tomorrow... grrrr)...

On a side note, I take my skills test for TeamOR next weekend, THEN I'll have an interview and hopefully be an instructor soon!  Also got a job at TRG being Apple Tier 1 tech support.... it's a job...

Hey look, it's sunny outside!!  Tongue

oh and mmmm..... ( . )( . )

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
toolfan

« Reply #1208 on: March 20, 2009, 09:16:21 AM »

On a side note, I take my skills test for TeamOR next weekend, THEN I'll have an interview and hopefully be an instructor soon!  Also got a job at TRG being Apple Tier 1 tech support.... it's a job...

Hey look, it's sunny outside!!  Tongue

Still a ways to go before becoming an instructor.  You'll probably make it this year, but you'll have to work pretty hard to get to it.

Good luck.   waytogo
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #1209 on: March 20, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »

Still a ways to go before becoming an instructor.  You'll probably make it this year, but you'll have to work pretty hard to get to it.

Good luck.   waytogo

You're such a downer sometimes

Darkhorse den mother
Mother
« Reply #1210 on: March 20, 2009, 09:37:30 AM »

I like to think of him as a realist

an anti-social realist with BMW leanings and a false projection of patchouli

but

a realist none the less
ryandalling

« Reply #1211 on: March 20, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »

I like to think of him as a realist

an anti-social realist with BMW leanings and a false projection of patchouli

but

a realist none the less

Now that is a description. Wow.  Grin

toolfan

« Reply #1212 on: March 20, 2009, 10:25:33 AM »

You're such a downer sometimes

coffee
It's a long and demanding process.
Rewarding to many who make it through it though.

I always figure honesty is better than smoke up the ass.
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #1213 on: March 20, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »

coffee
It's a long and demanding process.
Rewarding to many who make it through it though.

I always figure honesty is better than smoke up the ass.

I always heard Feltching was making a come back to the main stream.

Maurice Miller

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -

toolfan

« Reply #1214 on: March 20, 2009, 10:45:02 AM »

I always heard Feltching was making a come back to the main stream.

I didn't know it left?
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 272   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: