Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 11:46:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laguna Secca MOTOGP!!!  (Read 2884 times)
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« on: March 01, 2012, 04:36:08 PM »

Any one know about DUCATI island parking? Is it only a ticket now? Or can one still go to the DUCATI Dealer in Monterey and get a pass?

To answer my own question I called Monterey Duc dealer. They didn't get them last year so I guess you buy a package from DUCATI now:

Here are the package deals From DucatiUsa.com. It's actually $10. Cheaper buying through DUCATI and you get the Duc Island pass free. But you have to buy the package. That's cool. I can dig that.

http://www.ducatiusa.com/news/ducati_island___laguna_seca_2012/2012/02/16/2377/index.do?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=laguna_seca&utm_campaign=NL_20120227

Who's going? I'm in!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:54:15 PM by Desmostro » Logged

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »

I might go, but I don't understand the allure with Duc Island.  It seems like it would take longer to get in for sure, and probably getting out takes longer too.  That and you have all the oil from greasy umbrella girls all over yer ride. 

94,500 miles...05/22/15
enzo

Street: 94 M900 Track: 05 R6

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

was that last sentence typed on purpose?

we're creepin' between the bullfrogs
sofadriver

An analog man in a digital world

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 06:11:33 PM »

last year, if you got there early, you only had to show your bike's registration to park.

Mike in Tacoma
'08 S2r 1000 - Red on Red
'96 900 SS/SP
'02 ST4s (gone but not forgotten)

IBA 38181
dtarsky

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »

I might go, but I don't understand the allure with Duc Island.  It seems like it would take longer to get in for sure, and probably getting out takes longer too.  That and you have all the oil from greasy umbrella girls all over yer ride. 

I totally want to go. The price is a bit steep, even through Ducati, but I think I might be able to afford one day. I live in Santa Cruz, so it is just about a 45 minute ride to Laguna Seca.
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 01:56:47 AM »

Besides the free oil from umbrella girls, free catered breakfast, free gear check, parking in the middle of the track where you can ogle the other Ducati, A shaded place to sit in a cafe setting mid track that would cost I don't know how many $ hundreds to get in any other spot like in the RedBull booths, Fun and games and family, what do you not get?

and why the #*+!¥<~# are you selling your 748/853?
Panigale?

mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »

I didn't know all the other free stuff came with the parking...although I'd pass on the fun and games and family--that's not my thing. 

Selling the 748 because it doesn't fit me quite like I'd like it to and I don't have the patience to tune it.  I ride so rarely at the track that I just want something reliable and turn-key right now.  It's a super-cool bike though. 

94,500 miles...05/22/15
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 05:32:13 AM »

It's a super-cool bike though. 

True that!

When I say "family" I mean Ducatisti.
 When I say fun and games I mean A row of DUCATI revving in symphonic harmony and other absurd motorcycle fun, shwag give-aways, n demo's of the latest gear. Every now and then DUCATI brings out a sneak peak at new bikes too! Last time I went Nicky Hayden introduced the new 848  waytogo

MendoDave
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »

I went about 3 or 4 years ago and I forgot about all that cool stuff. They had a mackin breakfast there that I wolfed down whilst talking with Duc Stew. I didn't get any oil on my bike from any umbrella girls though. She must be talkin about her other ride, Enzo.

Speaking about other rides I think Belle should get a turn key reliable BMW for her other bike.  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: