Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 08:58:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: riding and rides  (Read 5111 times)
duckrider

« on: June 25, 2008, 06:36:42 AM »

I was just wondering about riding because the turn outs  for rides are so low. It would be nice to see more club rides.
Heffay

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:35:52 AM »

you realize the soco dog group was started only about a year ago, right?

p.s.  maybe if some of us slowed down the rest might catch up and there will magically be more riders.   Grin

1973 cb350f cafe, 1975/77 cb400f race project,
1992 zx7r
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 12:23:25 PM »

I tend to want to take time off work (MON-THUR) to ride...less cops, and other people out. Plus, I have a lot of photography work on th weekends, so that keeps me from riding.

So if anyone ever posts up about week day rides, I might do those more.... Tongue
duckrider

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 01:12:31 PM »

I do agree about the speeds we should ride as a group. I am always up for a weekday ride after 3:00 pm .
Maybe there should be a meeting to talk about speed and peoples concerns with the group rides.
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »

let's have a meeting before the meeting to discuss what the meeting will be about. Grin

cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 05:33:25 AM »

let's have a meeting before the meeting to discuss what the meeting will be about. Grin

What time then? Undecided Grin
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 07:03:37 PM »

I was just wondering about riding because the turn outs  for rides are so low. It would be nice to see more club rides.

Duckrider,

We agreed as a club that we would do a ride every 2 weeks alternating between Sat and Sun rides.  We're still so new as a club that we don't have a good rhythm yet.  Our best ride was a Sunday turnout when we rode to Denver for the Automezzi.  We do have folks that work weekends and would like to do club rides.  I would love to see that too, but someone has to step up and organize a workweek ride.  We have also offered up Monday track days as an option, but only 2 or 3 have expressed interest and still need to buy the gear.  I've also made it point over and over for folks to offer up rides to the group.  So far I have organized every club ride - not because I want to, but because no one steps forward to do it. 

We have over 50 folks in the club.  20 folks have participated in a ride, less than half of those have rode more than once.  It seems to me the primary purpose of this club is to ride, but getting folks out to ride is a challenge. 

I will take the hit for not getting a workweek evening ride organized yet.  I will do that.  But, I sure could use some volunteers to step up and offer rides like Cooleye and WannaDucBad did a few weeks ago. 

Shoot, I would love to see rides every weekend like E3 in Denver dAoes (their turnouts are low too - typically less than 10 riders), but we need ride organizers to step up and volunteer to set up the route and lead the group. 

Any suggestions on turning out the ride would be appreciated.

Cheers,

lwd

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »

Well said, Pres.  I admire the hard work you've put in to events thus far, but we can't expect you to do it all.  I'll admit, for a while there I was always just looking for word from you for the next ride, but rides are easy to propose!  If anybody's got an idea for a ride, post up!

One other difficulty we might run into though, is that the vast majority of our "members" never log on here.  They wait for the email from our President.  Don't know how to combat that, other than sending another e-mail out and really push people to log on here.  It's hard, some people aren't forum inclined, but what can you do?
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 01:17:27 PM »

I agree with Smitch...where are all the people around here??? Do they not know of this new fangled invention (ie, The Internet). Log on peoples.... dont be afraid. We dont bite!

I see Ducatis every day (people I dont recognize) and yet there are only like 12 members on here (and only like 6 that post). Maybe we could get some cheap biz cards printed up to distribute to those we might see, but who dont know about this club.

Or maybe people just dont want to ride???  [moto] Undecided
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 02:02:29 PM »

I put a personal business card with our info on every parked Duc I see, unless I can identify the owner then I just give to them directly. On a side note guys a ride doesn't need to require a great deal of planning. Just post up if you're thinking about riding. See if anyone responds. I woulda posted my Albquerque ride this weekend except it happened in about a 1/2 hr. If you wanna ride Friday let us know, we may or may not be able to go. It doesn't have to be far either, maybe Sonic in Woodland Park, or maybe just Sonic on the westside. +1 to Smitch, we need to turn this into a resource that all members know about and embrace to see what is going on. It would be great to see some of our riders from outside the C/S area posting their stuff too. BTW speaking of southern rides, I still love the areas around Salida and Canon City.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
merkle
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 03:59:45 AM »

The CSC has a ride planned for friday july 4, about 500 miles in colorado.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23122

All types of sport bikes and a bunch of good people. Everyone welcome.
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 01:11:28 PM »

The CSC has a ride planned for friday july 4, about 500 miles in colorado.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23122

All types of sport bikes and a bunch of good people. Everyone welcome.

What route are they going?
merkle
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »

pm sent
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »

thanks for the reply...dont think I will make it now (as much as I would love to do that ride). Had a change of plans for this weekend! [moto]
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »

We probably all have heard about the speeding fines increase going on in the state (state is broke.....needs money...no better way than to increase speed fines!). But, i got stopped this weekend (July 4th) in my cage for speeding (69 in a 55 near Cotopaxi). Cop was cool, fine was $75, but he told me in two weeks the same speed/fine would be $300. Word for word he told me "the state is broke, and fines are the way to make up that revenue"...he also saw that I was from the Springs, and said their fines are already in effect, so be very cautious about the tickets. They will really cost you.... Sad

http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLICS2008A/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/537F64A752E57857872573680059FA03?Open&file=1010_enr.pdf

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: