Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 01:35:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How's this jacket?  (Read 5691 times)
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« on: May 05, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-matrix-kevlar-jacket-2011

I like the looks of it, don't like that there's no pocket for a back plate. Any opinions?

2007 Monster 695
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »

at that price point i would get this instead:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-airwave-jacket

I have the orig version, the Rev'it Air, and it's awesome.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:32:00 AM »

I will spend more for a nicer jacket if you guys want to recommend one. The main thing is I want a clean look without all the logos and stuff, something that looks less like a sportbike jacket, which is why I was looking at that first one.

2007 Monster 695
aaen

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »

I just upgraded to a bmw jacket, from my el cheapo scorpion one(decent entry level jacket, but cold as balls to wear here at the moment in the pnw), this thing is sweet, although pricey. Has phase/nano technology? Think that when its cold the pores on the jacket tighten up ad when its hot they open up large(sure u can't see it), making it like a mesh(not that large of holes though, probably can't notice them), removable liner(not those dinky lil pieces of crap that do nothing). Anyways highly recommend their riding gear, comfy, looks good, i have a tiny lil button logo for bmw(so minimal logo Smiley and is tough as nails.

Only issue i have with it is the same for all jackets/clothing. In order to get my shoulders/back/arms so i can move them and reach the handle bars, i have to give on the fit of the coat in the midsection, its the same with me and a suit, its custom or the jacket is made for a person with a rather large gut and just looks bad on me.

Great gear!!  Now to find a decent pair of riding boots instead of my blundstones.

Steve
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:36:26 AM »

What kind of weather do you want the jacket for?  Summer? 3 season or 4?

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »

What kind of weather do you want the jacket for?  Summer? 3 season or 4?

summer/3season

2007 Monster 695
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »

How about this?

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike/g-barcellona.html?gender=2&cat=12

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 05:25:14 PM »

The looks are meh in my opinion but I'm worried more about protection. I really want opinions on which jackets are the best for safety, I can judge the style on my own.

2007 Monster 695
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 05:52:36 PM »

If you're looking for safety and warm weather then perf leather is prob your best option.  In terms of protection, almost all the usual names are about the same level though you should look for CE lvl 2 rated armor.  And forcefield makes some of the best armor and they have the shapes to fit in rev'it and dainese gear for when you pick up a back protector.

I'm personally probably going to pick up this jacket soonish:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-alien-leather-jacket

Not too sporty, but a nice balance I think.

I have the rev'it cr jacket which I get a lot of compliments on, it's got a bit of a retro look and look great in the white:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-cr-leather-jacket

Actually... I think this might be the perfect one for you:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-ignition-2-jacket

and here is another one that's the same idea:

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-ignition-leather-jacket

It's a 3 season jacket, leather and mesh, not super sporty with blacked out logos.  A friend of mine has the orig version and likes it a lot.

I have the rev'it tarmac too, it flows a crapload of air, hard parts galore but i'm probably going to wind up selling it as I wound up buying a one piece and I was going to use it as a 2 piece for the track.  It's def very sporty looking but it's pretty much blacked out with little to no logos:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-tarmac-leather-jacket

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 06:46:27 PM »

thanks dude, appreciate the work  chug

2007 Monster 695
Ducatamount

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 03:33:08 AM »

I know many people ride in kevlar,textile and mesh jackets,and armor is most important,but once you are done with the initial impact you will probably be sliding and this is where a tight fitting leather comes into play.Those other jackets can get grabby and ride up,bunch up and expose skin.

half fast
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 04:04:28 AM »

I know many people ride in kevlar,textile and mesh jackets,and armor is most important,but once you are done with the initial impact you will probably be sliding and this is where a tight fitting leather comes into play.Those other jackets can get grabby and ride up,bunch up and expose skin.

do you recommend any specific brand or model? I want to try and order one this week

2007 Monster 695
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 04:26:00 AM »

A lot of it's fit for you - that's the catch. Something that fits me, won't necessarily fit you well. Any comments on your build?

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »

A lot of it's fit for you - that's the catch. Something that fits me, won't necessarily fit you well. Any comments on your build?

5'11", slim. wear a 30-31" waist.

2007 Monster 695
Ducatamount

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »

do you recommend any specific brand or model? I want to try and order one this week
Vanson and Alpinestars make good leather jackets.Whatever you get make sure they have a good return policy in case it doesn't fit.

half fast
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: