Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 10:58:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How's this jacket?  (Read 5683 times)
jsd2

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »

If you are looking for something that offers protection and doesn't look like you are headed to the track this one looks good.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=11205

The leather isn't quite as heavy duty as some other jackets but it is still leather, it has ce protection in the elbows and shoulders with an available ce back protector.  The jacket looks different in the video than in the pictures so make sure you watch the video.

Jim
NAKID

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »

Sheep hide is usually pretty weak and at less than a mm thick won't provide much protection IMO...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
jsd2

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 05:21:05 PM »

Sheep hide is usually pretty weak and at less than a mm thick won't provide much protection IMO...

Good to know.  I don't know much about leather.

Jim
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »

Vanson and Alpinestars make good leather jackets.Whatever you get make sure they have a good return policy in case it doesn't fit.

Vanson, A*'s, Dainese, and Rev'it are all on par in terms of quality for leather jackets.  Keep in mind that A*'s also has a pretty broad line in terms of their leather gear so their lower end stuff might not be as good as their higher end gear.  Dainese leather is just $$ and in general all good quality... Revit is a bit cheaper but I havent had any issues with their qual either.

Never tried vanson, never liked the style, but they have a great rep.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Ducatamount

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 06:02:01 AM »

I'm going to ask the woman at my local leather shop how much a custom leather jacket made from kangaroo hide,in black and tan panels, would cost.Roo is half the weight and twice as strong as cow.Illegal in some states and requires special strong needles.We'll see,might cost too much!

half fast
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 06:20:18 AM »

I want a jacket made from the rarest, most endangered animal

like a Manatee or something

2007 Monster 695
aaen

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 10:46:02 AM »

I take it all back on the BMW coat the stitching is letting go in a few spots. Not overly impressed at the moment its going back for return. Sigh!  Sure its a one off but its depressing nonetheless, damn i really liked the jacket as well

. I seem to be having nothing but gear issues this uear with rhings falling apart. I'm on my third pair of gloves the stirching was letting go left right and centre on those aa well. This pair ia holding up longer then 2 wks. Then there is my diving gear issues, seems to be the year that all my stuff fails. Sorry lil rant there.

Steve
bdub

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 12:54:19 PM »

Ask your leather lady about stingray

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »

I take it all back on the BMW coat the stitching is letting go in a few spots. Not overly impressed at the moment its going back for return. Sigh!  Sure its a one off but its depressing nonetheless, damn i really liked the jacket as well

. I seem to be having nothing but gear issues this uear with rhings falling apart. I'm on my third pair of gloves the stirching was letting go left right and centre on those aa well. This pair ia holding up longer then 2 wks. Then there is my diving gear issues, seems to be the year that all my stuff fails. Sorry lil rant there.

Steve

Don't be sorry I want to hear people's experience as far as what's good and what's not, it's all relevant.

2007 Monster 695
aaen

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »

Fair enough, just urks me to spend that kind of coin on something and it falls apart. Grre, my el cheapo scorpion is standing up better. Granted its not major un stitching but bmw is quality gear and so far what I have seen is crappg stitchig, it should hild up better. Shame to as they do not have another in my size.

Anyways best if luck in your search I'm going to be doing the same now.

Steve
Ducatamount

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »

Ask your leather lady about stingray
Yeah,sting ray is tough as hell.I'm not sure how supple it is.Most of the GP racers suits are kangaroo,lightweight and supple comfy.
A 'roo jacket with sting ray shoulders and elbow/forearms would be wicked!  applause

half fast
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 07:05:29 AM »

If you can get sized right, search ebay for Vanson, Fox Creek. I'm close to your size and got a 44 Cobra MK2  (perfed with interior zip panels) and fits like a dream. (5'11 ~165lbs).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: