Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 11:49:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sat 5/12 Ride!!!!!!!!!! Let's go!!!!  (Read 3790 times)
mookieo2

« on: May 09, 2012, 07:55:28 AM »

We're Finally going to get a ride together. We have 3 or 4 so far. Stands up 9 am 2nd gas station on then PIP between exits 4 & 5.

Weather is saying sunny and 70 so lets go guys and finally get something going.

Full gear is preferred but not mandatory on this ride. Jacket, pants, Gloves, and proper riding boots. Its for your own good.  Plan to be out most of the day and sometimes until dark, but you are welcome to bail anytime.

Sorry to conflict with He-Man's Dim Sum but Sunday is mothers day and I have plans.
patricks2r

USUAL SUSPECT

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:05:02 AM »

If you would like to attend please post up or let us know so we can have an accurate head count. 

"Pat - You'd better not be free-balling in my leathers! You gots to wear undies, son!"  - CRU JONES
sgollapalle

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:10:01 AM »

I'm down to to ride saturday. I'll be riding up from Jersey City, so if ppl want to meet at the first gas station after getting on the PIP (Palisades Interstate Parkway) [I think its an Exxon] at 8:45 and then ride up and meet the rest...

'11 M-696
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »

Dolph have fun

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:30:25 AM »

Sorry to miss this, but I will be out of town this weekend.
mookieo2

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 04:13:37 PM »

In

Mook
Patricks2r
sgollapalle
sgollapalle

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

Doesn't look like anyone else is meeting at the 1st gas station. I'll ride straight up to the 2nd gas station after exit 4..

Do you know what station this is (Exxon/BP/Shell)??

'11 M-696
mookieo2

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:56:54 PM »

Doesn't look like anyone else is meeting at the 1st gas station. I'll ride straight up to the 2nd gas station after exit 4..

Do you know what station this is (Exxon/BP/Shell)??

I don't remember off hand its been a while. There are about five of us going so far.

See you there. Dolph

mookieo2

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:19 AM »

We had an awesome ride yesterday. It was one of the best. I left my house at 7:30, ended up with 540 miles on the clock and didn't get home until almost midnight.

Great riding with you Sreekar.

I'll post a few pics when I get a chance.
mookieo2

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 02:21:10 PM »

( my pics are huge so bear with it)

The first real ride of the season and it was just about as perfect as you can get. The weather was great. Sunny, 75, light cool north wind, and virtually no traffic. I have to give a big thanks to Pat. He led the whole ride from memory and did an outstanding job. We pretty much went everywhere we could think of and I don't think we stopped once to turn around because we missed a turn or went the wrong way. The whole ride was smooth as can be.   waytogo

Here's an idea f where we went. The green dot is start off of the pallisades and red is end in Brooklyn,  the Heavy blue line is the route we took. For details you're going to have to come out with us one day.  Grin

I met up with Patricks2r, Zack, Tall Dan from Suspects unlimited and a DMF'r sgollapalle in the morning around 9. We headed off first stop was the usual 106 at Bear. It was in pretty good shape. From there I'm not sure where we went Pat is going to have to fill in the blanks, I usually just ride and don't pay too much attention. I know we rode for a while and hit Port Jervis around 12:30.

We were going to go to Hawk's Nest but decided to take a detour to PA, we stopped for lunch at some place in Kittatiny that Pat has always wondered about. It was a cool looking log cabin deal on the mighty Esopus river. We sat outside on the back deck and had some lunch.

Ram Rod

sgollapalle from DMF

Emo Pat

After Lunch sgollapalle  had to bail and get home but we continued riding. It was great meeting him. We made our way back to Hawk's Nest. We even did a little dirt riding on an all gravel road. It wouldn't be a  ride without at least one.

The Italian thinks its better than us.

( Photo courtesy of Dan)

By that time I believe it was about 5:00. We were deciding what to do. Should we call it a day, go grab some beer, or keep riding? There was some talk of heading up to the Adirondacks and making it a super Epic ride.

Heading off again on some more roads, there were virtually no cars on the back roads and the four of us were able to really let loose and have a blast. This was by far the best ride I have ever done. There were no issues, cops, breakdowns, crashes or anything, The weather was perfect and the roads were in great shape.

We stopped at about 8:30 at the Guilded Otter Brewery in New Paltz where we were going to stop for lunch 8 hours before. After a much deserved beer we decided to call it a day and slabbed it home. The usual ride home shenanigans occurred but it wasn't too bad. Dan led us on a " faster way home" which took us into Manhatten on probably the busiest night of the year yet.  Roll Eyes  WE all got home safe and in one piece. The palm of my wrist is still numb. I ended up riding a total of 540 miles. Not a bad way to start off the season. Lets get some more of these days in this year. We've been slacking. I thoroughly enjoyed ripping through the twisty s with some great guys.

Hopefully some more of you guys will come out on future rides.

some of Patricks2r's pics

Dan's Pics

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:48:46 PM by mookieo2 » Logged
patricks2r

USUAL SUSPECT

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 03:02:25 PM »

Great ride and perfect weather this weekend.  Thanks for getting the initiative going Mike.  Two days later and I'm still sore...  can't wait to do it again!   waytogo

"Pat - You'd better not be free-balling in my leathers! You gots to wear undies, son!"  - CRU JONES
sgollapalle

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »

Great riding with you guys! I think I had 300+ miles by the time I got home at 6.. Had to stop 3-4 times coz by body was sore and tired..

I'll try to post up some of the videos when I get some time from my crazy life that it is..

'11 M-696
gjsnyc

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »

Can you post a clear picture of that google map?  Anything scheduled for this Saturday?  Thanks

Monster 1100EVO '12
mookieo2

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 04:20:31 PM »

Can you post a clear picture of that google map?  Anything scheduled for this Saturday?  Thanks

The map is blurred for a reason. Posting routes gets some people's panty's in a bunch so I would rather not start anything.

I'll post up when we go again. I don't see anything happening  until after Memorial day.
sgollapalle

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »

Alright so my video file are about an hour long and 2+ gig.. They in Quick Time Movie format. Anyone here have the 'right version' of Quick Time Pro they are willing to share? Or we might have to wait till I get the time to find an activation code or something online to edit them....

'11 M-696
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: