Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NY Metro specific forums?  (Read 2253 times)
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« on: May 29, 2012, 06:27:53 AM »

Hey guys, is there a website or forum for NY Metro riders? Not bike specific just for any city rider?

2007 Monster 695
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »

tristatesportbikes.com

I didn't like it that much and found it difficult to find people that actually rode their bikes, at least within the boroughs.

www.suspectsunlimited.com

Small but everyone rides and a good group of people, some of them peek in here on occasion.

meetup.com

they have a few groups and those groups are hit or miss.

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »

thanks, not exactly what I was hoping for though... there should be a metro area blog/forum site for people who ride, be it commuting, track, whatever.

2007 Monster 695
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 01:03:03 PM »

I've seen many forums like you're looking for that people have tried to get going.  They all eventually fail or just stay a small group of active members.  I've heard people say getting motorcyclists together is like herding cats.  If you think about the reasons why people ride motorcycles you quickly understand why the one size fits all forum/blog you're looking for doesn't exist.   There are many flavors in the moto community, not one forum is going to fulfill their needs.  But  go out and attend events or join many forums and read lots of blogs and you quickly realize that even though there are many segments in the moto community it's still a small world,  and you get to know many.   What exactly are you looking for?  

As Pakhan posted, I would suggest suspectsunlimited.com
We're a very open group of (mostly) NYC area riders that commute and can do 500mi day rides, and ride at the track,  and like to get dirty, some race, some tinker with vintage bikes and have projects going... anything with 2 wheels.

If you're interested in joining a group of people trying to make the moto community better in NYC, there's the New York Motorcycle & Scooter Task Force  

If interested in the vintage scene in NYC, there's NYC VinMoto

If interested in meeting riders, there are events on a weekly and annually occurrence.
You can ride over to Bar Matchless on a Monday evening and watch a race from the day before and meet some NYC flavor.

I can go on and on.... again I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for.....

You can always post a question, event, ride here as well..... you will find there are many DMF'rs that don't only own a Monster or a Ducati anymore, or never did.   Some if they hang around long enough might be smart enough to never get one.    laughingdp

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:53:51 PM by Grrrly » Logged

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »

Herding cats laughingdp
FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »

I tried signing up for suspects unlimited the other day (when I made this thread) and still haven't been approved as a member  Huh?

2007 Monster 695
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12:33 AM »

I tried signing up for suspects unlimited the other day (when I made this thread) and still haven't been approved as a member  Huh?

They have a issues with a lot of people trying to spam up, I'll let them know to approve you.  Same name as here?

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

FutureMan
Polite New Yorker

Brooklyn, NY

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

yup, same! Thanks!

2007 Monster 695
patricks2r

USUAL SUSPECT

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »

I just approved you.  We have a problem with spam but I found you.  Thanks

"Pat - You'd better not be free-balling in my leathers! You gots to wear undies, son!"  - CRU JONES
Vishwacorp

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »

It's nice when you think up of a question and it's already been asked and answered on the forums. I'll check out some of the suggested links here.
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 04:56:41 AM »

along with the New York Motorcycle & Scooter Task Force website, they also have a forum

http://forum.nymstf.org/

They are a good resource for any questions, especially legal issues you may have relating to the NYC and NY State moto community.

polivo

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 03:02:14 PM »

or you can join this meetup group.. and get emails whens people arrange rides so your alread ware of whats going to happen.

http://www.meetup.com/DOCNYC/#suggested
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: