Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 01:27:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How are the lungs?  (Read 5102 times)
taun

Keep it real, keep it naked...

« on: June 26, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »

Hey, anyone in the Sacramento/Solano County area been out riding or commuting in all this smoke and soot?  I used commute to work with my bike, but with all this smoke, it's been garage time.  Me eyes and lungs no likey...
Heath

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:32:59 AM »

I am not liking it that is for sure.  I have to be out in it during work off and on during the day.  I think it is making customers more cranky too.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »

I had to switch from the bicycle to the motorcycle. The computer tells me it's not healthy to be outside in Merced. As if it's ever healthy to be in Merced.  http://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.showlocal&CityID=139
taun

Keep it real, keep it naked...

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »

Whoah, I used to live in Merced.  Property values still taking a dump down there?  Anyhow, I moved to Sac about 4 years ago and it isn't much better up here either.  Property value or health  Grin
hankthe8th

2007 S4R(T)

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 02:25:58 PM »

Whoah, I used to live in Merced.  Property values still taking a dump down there?  Anyhow, I moved to Sac about 4 years ago and it isn't much better up here either.  Property value or health  Grin
Property values taking a dump is a huge understatement. It's more like property values have explosive diarrhea. I could own a decent house and pay way less than what I am renting for, but then I would never be able to get rid of it. And as you probably know, nobody wants to be stuck in Merced. I'll be out of here within a year. Air Quality Update: still shitty 
Grio

Erzulie

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 07:18:49 AM »

Just wait it out at Merced if you can.  The new UC has tremendous infastructure and is poised to expand wildly when the market snaps back.  Property values in a major UC town will be stable...you should be sitting on a gold mine if you can wait it out.

Soot, smoke?...I've been trying to run in this stuff.  Makes me feel like I'm going to puke or pass out.  This is bad headache day two.

Little Biscuits!
red baron

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 07:53:15 AM »

I spent a couple days in Cloverdale/ Ukiah and it was bad as well.

How many fires still going?

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
CromoMann

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »

Property values taking a dump is a huge understatement. It's more like property values have explosive diarrhea. I could own a decent house and pay way less than what I am renting for, but then I would never be able to get rid of it. And as you probably know, nobody wants to be stuck in Merced. I'll be out of here within a year. Air Quality Update: still shitty 
Sounds like a good opportunity to buy a rental... Grin
[whistling - "Awl-wayeez loo'on the brigh' sah-eed uv laheef"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: