Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 02:34:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DFW vs. Houston  (Read 6778 times)
muskrat

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »

I'm sure someone will report me but frankly I need to say it.  Not picking a fight Hero but who should care about the Mayor's orientation?  What purpose does it serve to say such and when did we stop being private about our private lives?  I could care less what you do in your home.   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:05:59 AM by muskrat » Logged

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 11:29:25 AM »

You cared enough to post a response....
hiero

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2012, 11:40:27 AM »

I'm sure someone will report me but frankly I need to say it.  Not picking a fight Hero but who should care about the Mayor's orientation?  What purpose does it serve to say such and when did we stop being private about our private lives?  I could care less what you do in your home.   

Fair enough, my only reason for mentioning it was because Texas is a VERY conservative and VERY Republican state.  To elect an openly gay and democratic mayor is considerably contrary to what would typically be expected that I thought it would be something to mention.   Voters here have voted against much less than that, so it either shows a truly unhappy attitude with the previous mayoral administration or voters who care about much more than things like orientation.  Obviously there other reasons to vote, but I thought it an interesting point. 
I'm sorry if it offended you, but it could potentially show a more progressive voter base or city than you would think for Texas and that's why I mentioned it.  It was not a dig on any group of people.

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
muskrat

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »

Because every time I read an article or see something on facebook it's a constant barrage lately.  Lets apply our energy to real moving forward rather than peeping into bedrooms.   Kiss
Fair enough, my only reason for mentioning it was because Texas is a VERY conservative and VERY Republican state.  To elect an openly gay and democratic mayor is considerably contrary to what would typically be expected that I thought it would be something to mention.   Voters here have voted against much less than that, so it either shows a truly unhappy attitude with the previous mayoral administration or voters who care about much more than things like orientation.  Obviously there other reasons to vote, but I thought it an interesting point. 
I'm sorry if it offended you, but it could potentially show a more progressive voter base or city than you would think for Texas and that's why I mentioned it.  It was not a dig on any group of people.
I see your point and understand the validity of such statement and you didn't offend me.  I grew up in an environment much different and appreciate every opportunity and freedom offered but I also grew up with much thicker skin because of what I've experienced.  Texas is much more progressive than most would ever admit and the only reason the state gets less credit than it deserves is because Austin has made themselves into the SF of Texas.  The rest of the cities move along and grind away at producing, growing and employing rather than crying foul over every feather ruffled (as I see it anyway).  I would just like us all to move along, feels like this subject is drawn out. 

Iz, pick your poison soon because we are tired of teasers on where you're off to next.  Wink 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »

muskrat

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 06:34:21 PM »

you should deep fry that wabbit first.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
svoloch

too old to remember my titanium member...

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 12:35:41 AM »

The Dax / Hiero thing ended too amicably.  Hmm... Would it help if I pointed out that Dallas has a lesbian, latina sheriff?   popcorn

Тише едешь, дальше будешь
2009 Streetfighter S
exes:
2006 Sh1t Hot Black Xerox 999     1973 BMW R75/5
2001 BMW K1200RS                     1994 BMW R1100S
1974 Guzzi T3                              1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW R90/S                         1973 Suzuki T500
hiero

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 05:40:28 AM »

The Dax / Hiero thing ended too amicably.  Hmm... Would it help if I pointed out that Dallas has a lesbian, latina sheriff?   popcorn

Maybe I make a good politician, I should think about this. Lol  chug cheeky

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
muskrat

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:19 AM »

although I don't know him I like him more than your sorry ass.  maybe this is the reason.  Undecided

I could care less about Dallas County, I live in Denton and pay substantially less in taxes! 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 02:53:49 AM »

Because every time I read an article or see something on facebook it's a constant barrage lately.  Lets apply our energy to real moving forward rather than peeping into bedrooms.   :-*I see your point and understand the validity of such statement and you didn't offend me.  I grew up in an environment much different and appreciate every opportunity and freedom offered but I also grew up with much thicker skin because of what I've experienced.  Texas is much more progressive than most would ever admit and the only reason the state gets less credit than it deserves is because Austin has made themselves into the SF of Texas.  The rest of the cities move along and grind away at producing, growing and employing rather than crying foul over every feather ruffled (as I see it anyway).  I would just like us all to move along, feels like this subject is drawn out. 

Iz, pick your poison soon because we are tired of teasers on where you're off to next.  Wink 

Agree with the Austin comment. The first time I lived here, I really liked it.  This time, I'm not as impressed.

Thanks for all the feedback.  It's very much appreciated! 

Btw.. Mums the word still Musky!   

Wink

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
svoloch

too old to remember my titanium member...

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »

although I don't know him I like him more than your sorry ass.  maybe this is the reason.  Undecided

I could care less about Dallas County, I live in Denton and pay substantially less in taxes! 

lady parts, you know you can't quit me... 

Тише едешь, дальше будешь
2009 Streetfighter S
exes:
2006 Sh1t Hot Black Xerox 999     1973 BMW R75/5
2001 BMW K1200RS                     1994 BMW R1100S
1974 Guzzi T3                              1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW R90/S                         1973 Suzuki T500
muskrat

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 01:17:30 PM »

well there is that and you're the only Libtard worth discussing politics with that knows something.

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
RichD

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »

I noticed that too.   Grin

DFW-MFer!
muskrat

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »

I noticed that too.   Grin
When your stuck at home you do more Internet trolling than usual  Wink

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Drjones

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »

. . . Texas is a VERY conservative and VERY Republican state.  To elect an openly gay and democratic mayor is considerably contrary to what would typically be expected that I thought it would be something to mention. . . .

It is more an effect of Houston being an international melting pot, a commuter city, suburban sprawl and inherent cultural concentration effect.  Houston hasn't had a republican mayor since 1981 plus Parker's orientation wasn't really advertised in the media until after she was elected as mayor.  Get out in the 'burbs and yes it is very conservative and republican.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: