Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 06, 2024, 09:16:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: maintnance in austin\San Antonio  (Read 1920 times)
olivs

« on: June 29, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »

hi dukes. i just posted this in tech, but obviously it was not the proper place, so i'm doing it here.
where can i do the 6K maintenance of a S4RS in Austin\San Antonio area?
the bike is all apart, so the engine is only connected to the SSS, the frame and the rest are all out. i only need to have done those things i can't do by myself, like valve adjustment and other not so easy stuff.
the thing is, should i take the bike to the maintenance now, or wait till i have it all together again?? and where should i take it to in this area? any good guy, who knows what he is doing and don't rip my skin of, or the official dealer?
thanks
wcw

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 06:09:07 PM »

Ducati Austin as far as a dealer.  AF1 Racing's in New Braunfels, you might call them and see if they can do it also. 

Diavel Carbon Red
Gone Ape

Boom-Shaka-Laka.....So much for my Titanium Member

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 07:23:47 PM »

Might want to try AF1 in New Braunfels first.......although they are an exemplary Aprilia dealer, and all around outstanding dealership, they have worked on Ducs....

Might also try ReverCorsa out by Hudson Bend (Lake Travis area)...ex Ducati Austin wrench that has his own biz.....I'm no longer sold on Ducati Austin....too many recent stupid occurences for my adult taste......The Duc dealer in Boerne, I've never heard anything positive about that shop......

All of your valve/belt work can be done as it sits now....but to set the idle and CO and properly balance the TBs  you're gonna need a Mathesis (Ducati dealership) or, if you can do it yourself (and your bike DOES NOT have a PC III,) look into TechnoResearch's VDST software to use with your laptop.....Chris @ CA-Cycleworks carries them...by- pass the Mathesis and set your own damn CO and idle rates yourself....the other 6k stuff is easy and just follow the chart in your owners manual.....

Always one to be underestimated
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 07:52:57 PM »

try ReverCorsa out by Hudson Bend (Lake Travis area)...ex Ducati Austin wrench that has his own biz.....

THIS^^ is great news!  I was thinking I was going to have to take the Monster all the way out to DucAustin to do my maintenance.   Undecided

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
hiero

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 09:40:44 PM »

if you can get the engine to the shop, they'll probably like you much better with the engine out of frame.  It's not hard to get the engine out and detached from the frame and SSS, might even be cheaper

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
olivs

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 01:57:02 AM »

THIS^^ is great news!  I was thinking I was going to have to take the Monster all the way out to DucAustin to do my maintenance.   Undecided

i was wondering about instaling a PCIII, have the bike fully tuned and that stuff, so for all what you guys wrote, it means that the way to go is to get the bike as it is, without frame to one of the shops you talked about, have the engine ''checked'', put the bike together again, and then, have it fully tunned after...

thanks for the info guys!
bullet boy
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 10:04:17 AM »

I had my PCIII mapped at AF1 Racing and highly recommend them. I would try them first. I've also had it with Ducati Austin/MotoTek, whatever they are  calling themselves these days - they still owe me a bolt they failed to tighten over a year ago. The place on Lake Travis I don't know much about, other than a vague feeling that they are horribly expensive...
wcw

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 01:54:34 PM »

IZ, you've a link to the bigger pic of your avatar?!!  Oh damn   Wink

back to the thread... Ducati Austin has been good for me.  As someone else said in this thread I would not recommend the dealer here in SA.  That's all I'll say about that.  People describe it as in Boerne, but it's in San Antonio.  It's located just before Boerne Stage rd., but Boerne's another 12 miles 'up the road'. 

As far as AF1, bunch of good guys there who know what they're doing.  They set up the suspension for me on my ride.  I was impressed with their courtesy and knowledge. 

Diavel Carbon Red
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »

IZ, you've a link to the bigger pic of your avatar?!!  Oh damn   Wink

I'm on it! 

Sent in PM!  waytogo
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:16:08 PM by IZ » Logged

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
olivs

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »

just talked with AF1 racing ans they don't play with ducati engines, they do dynos but no servicing.
talked with revercorsa then and the rather me to put the bike together first and do the servicing after..
thanks for all dukes!
wcw

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 04:40:52 PM »

I'm curious if you talked to Ducati Austin and compared costs with revercorsa.  All I've ever seen come from McKenzie is showing pics of his project bike. 

Diavel Carbon Red
olivs

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 06:02:33 PM »

also noticed that... (he has the same pictures of his projects 4ever), but i didn't talked with no one else, because after the call, i sent contacted Chris and he told me also that is bather to have the bike all together when doing the service, so i decided to do that. i can tell you about prices when i get the bike working again and then check the prices for the service. will probably take a couple of months still
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: