Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 05:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1931 times)
1.21GW

bikeless

« on: December 13, 2012, 01:45:47 PM »

I live in Manhattan.  My bike is insured in PA because I haven't updated with Progressive yet and, now that it's stored for winter, I'm in no rush.

However, come spring I will need to update insurance and get the bike re-registered.  Thence comes my question: I live in NYC, have a sister in NJ, and my dad in CT.  As I imagine NYC insurance and registration is the most expensive of surrounding areas, is it worth registering under one of these other addresses (to the extent that it's even possible)?  Money saved on insurance = more spent on mods (e.g. I just learned that I want a steering damper), so I promise any advice that helps me save will be well wasted.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
live2ride

monster 750 dark

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:05:19 PM »

I have rider insurance in nj. For a 2000 Monster 750, I pay about $180 a year with full coverage. $50/$100 deductible.

I'm 30yrs old and married if that matters. Clean driving record.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:06:42 AM »

Foremost Insurance: $600 per year
Manhattan
2007 S4RS + mod insurance
38 years old
Clean record
Married.
Fully coverage
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »

That's not bad, and similar to what I'm paying, so maybe I keep it simple and just register/insure in NYC.

Didn't know about mod insurance, but will look into it.  Also heard about winter discount.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 11:21:45 AM »

For the record, just called my company (Progressive).  They required I get NJ insurance since the bike is currently garaged in NJ.  $136/yr (w/ comprehensive).  Something is wrong with that, as I was paying $300+ in Pennsylvannia.  But I not gonna complain.

They only annoying thing is that I'm supposed to switch to NY insurance when I move the bike back in the spring.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:24 PM »

Thats pretty cheap for progressive, you should also run a check with rider though I doubt it will get that much cheaper.  Rider generally has the cheapest bike insurance.

I'm about where cdawg is cept I have '09 SFS1098... but I pay 540ish a year for full coverage with a slightly upgraded policy.

Also, Rider doesnt offer their insurance in NY, only CT/NJ/PA I think.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: