Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 03:02:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In the area for a bit  (Read 12869 times)
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« on: January 27, 2013, 09:37:04 PM »

i'm out here with the incredible family and would like to find some places to ride. I don't suppose anyone is available during the week to  go for a spin while my hosts are busy with real life things like work and raising a child? Afternoons are best as I'm helping MrI with home improvements in the morning.

Please let me know. If this should be posted elsewhere that would be nice too.

also, i'm fine with just grabbing coffee at a vietnamese coffee place. He introduced me to them last night. full bodied coffee.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
desmoquattro
Smacking certain mods who change my profile upside the head with a...

It puts the billet aluminum on the motorcycle...

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »

You're smack in the middle of riding country! How long are you here for? I'm taking Friday off. Plan to go shooting in the AM but could be convinced to pull out the tard in the afternoon.

My Vices
'09 1198s,red, (Il Diavolo Rosso
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'04 Yamaha FZ1, The Blue Cockroach
'01 900SS, custom yellow, (The Bumblebee)
'05 MS4R, blue
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:54:48 PM »

You're smack in the middle of riding country! How long are you here for? I'm taking Friday off. Plan to go shooting in the AM but could be convinced to pull out the tard in the afternoon.

i have no sell by date. just out here and trying to explore the area until things get too built up back home and make me go home to deal with them.

Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

desmoquattro

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:08:03 PM »

i have no sell by date. just out here and trying to explore the area until things get too built up back home and make me go home to deal with them.

OK. Check in with me Thursday evening if you're still around then...and you're welcome to hit the range with me Friday too, if that's your kind of thing.

My Vices
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'05 MS4R, blue
mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »

The two of us are recovering from bugs right now.  Not sure we're up for anything real soon, but post up here if things start to materialize for ya.  We might be able to join at some point.

94,500 miles...05/22/15
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »

OK. Check in with me Thursday evening if you're still around then...and you're welcome to hit the range with me Friday too, if that's your kind of thing.

will do! Thanks. I'll see about the range. Where is it located and what time were you planning on getting there?

The two of us are recovering from bugs right now.  Not sure we're up for anything real soon, but post up here if things start to materialize for ya.  We might be able to join at some point.

thanks belle, MrI has given me a list of roads to ride on
today i'm doing alpine rd and skyline then finding my way back here before dark, i hope. lol

desmoquattro

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »

will do! Thanks. I'll see about the range. Where is it located and what time were you planning on getting there?

South San Francisco. My plans are up in the air right now, as I may have to work so I'll confirm Thursday night.

My Vices
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'05 MS4R, blue
gojira

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:19:21 AM »

I'll be in SF on Thu (MacWorld) and plan to stick around into the evening & later. Dinner plans with a friend are tentative but I can prolly squeeze in a beer or 2 before then. 'Geist or anywhere serving  drink.

I'll likely be visiting the other days of MW too so those will be options also.  waytogo

MendoDave
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »

I'm down here too right now. I was thinking of checking out a new moto coffee place in tam junction a little later on. I like to visit the old neighborhood one in a while. So if you want to hang out, Gimme a heads up. Best on the phone. 415 235 3853 wifi not always available.

Belle I was gonna ask if you guys had a couch for a night but not if you have the bug.
Been here for a few days with my pops in the Hospital. Mild heart attack. Moving out of the Hotel today, gonna stay someplace else.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 10:10:45 AM »

thanks belle, MrI has given me a list of roads to ride on
today i'm doing alpine rd and skyline then finding my way back here before dark, i hope. lol

Take my rifle if you want.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
desmoquattro

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »

Take my rifle if you want.

UPDATE: Timing for Friday is in question. I may go Saturday...and if I do, it'll be at Los Altos Rod & Gun club, much nearer to you:
http://www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com/

My Vices
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'05 MS4R, blue
gojira

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 02:17:51 PM »

DQ: I'll get in touch. Schedule for each day is tentative for now but I'm likely to be in the SF/Peninsula area for the next few days.

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »

Crap.  I'm in trial, and literally don't have a free moment day or night.  Like others said, in terms of roads, you're right in the thick of it.  35, 9, 84, etc., etc. . . . alll excellent.  If you get a chance, the cliffs of Hwy 1 just north of SF are spectacular. 

FYI -- Joe rides like a moron and prolly shoots like a drunken panda.  And MB rides too fast.  Enjoy.   waytogo

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
desmoquattro

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »

FYI -- Joe rides like a moron and prolly shoots like a drunken panda.  And MB rides too fast.  Enjoy.   waytogo

I DO NOT. Everyone knows I shoot like the HONEY BADGER...

My Vices
'09 KTM 690 SMC (Thumpy)
'05 MS4R, blue
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »

UPDATE: Timing for Friday is in question. I may go Saturday...and if I do, it'll be at Los Altos Rod & Gun club, much nearer to you:
http://www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com/

due to some idiotic east coaster, i have to ait for a tail light lens before i can drive the falcon again. it's supposed to arrive on friday. i'll be able to do something that afternoon or night for sure.

Crap.  I'm in trial, and literally don't have a free moment day or night.  Like others said, in terms of roads, you're right in the thick of it.  35, 9, 84, etc., etc. . . . alll excellent.  If you get a chance, the cliffs of Hwy 1 just north of SF are spectacular. 

objection. i have waited this long to meet spidey. you will have to make time. i'll file a motion  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: