Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 06:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: DucatiDiag  (Read 114723 times)
KIng.Mambo

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2014, 12:52:26 PM »

Hi, I had some spare time so i tyred to make *.xdf (TunerPro) file for Monster S4RS (5AM ECU). Its basically coppied from ECM. Maps shows same value in Tuner and ECM. Lambda flags are not working (its just for data type) and RPM limiter should be OK nevertheless I'm not sure that description is OK. Files are https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4mvNmoVcqKyWjkxTmFldE9Dd2c&usp=sharing there are also bin files, one stock and one DP. If there is somebody with knowledge to check or improve it bow down please take a look. Thanks
xsephirot

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2014, 09:45:20 AM »

Mambo, were you able to disable the immobilizer?
KIng.Mambo

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2014, 12:40:56 AM »

Hi, I never tried it. It should be possible with Guzziwriter. It depends on xdf file for TunerPro. For example for 1098 there is imobilizer switch so you can probably disable imobilizer.

BTW on GuzziDiag page is now *.xdf file for S2R 5AM ECU and it's look like it will work with S4RS maps (it gives same values as ECM). There are LAMBDA switches now applause and bunch of other stuff.
xsephirot

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »

Hi, I never tried it. It should be possible with Guzziwriter. It depends on xdf file for TunerPro. For example for 1098 there is imobilizer switch so you can probably disable imobilizer.

BTW on GuzziDiag page is now *.xdf file for S2R 5AM ECU and it's look like it will work with S4RS maps (it gives same values as ECM). There are LAMBDA switches now applause and bunch of other stuff.

Whoa, I took a look at the 5am ecu look on tunerpro and it is super confusing.  Going to have to mess around. It even looks like we have the ability to tune the right cylinder separately.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2014, 02:20:41 AM »

Oooo I've been dying to be able to re tune without spending the cash...or at least turn of the immo. I'll have to try it out.

xsephirot

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2014, 12:42:07 PM »

Yeah I have no idea what I'm doing. Even tried watching some youtube videos on tunerpro. The XDF file for the s2r800 has alot of tables that I have no idea what it does and it has no naming on it.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2014, 02:45:53 AM »

The values represent fuel points for different Throttle Position and gears if i'm not mistaken.

KIng.Mambo

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2014, 11:14:01 PM »

For us main table will be Lambda 1/2 on/off, maybe rev limit (if you tune stock map) and if you have wideband lambda and know what you doing then Fuel main and fuel delta.
xsephirot

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2014, 11:11:21 AM »

The values represent fuel points for different Throttle Position and gears if i'm not mistaken.

So what exactly does the XDF do in comparison with the BIN? I can't notice a difference at all if I only open the bin or the xdf in tunerpro. Like after adjusting in tunerpro, do you save it as a .bin or .xdf to flash it with guzzidiag?

The other area of confusion is the development folder where there are many unnamed tables:
thorn14

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 09:00:42 AM »

So from what I can gather, the xdf file is referred to as the "mask" which has all the tables set up, but is blank until you load a bin. The bin has all the appropriate vales. At least as far as TunerPro is concerned.

I have issues with the strange scale or metric by which some numbers are input. Like "Max rpm 60"!? The fuel main table makes the most sense, but I've never seen a screen like that before so I'm weary of changing anything.

On the other hand, GuzziDiag works fine.  Grin

M620 turned M800 but then back to M620 after the M800 died at 110k, and now to Multi 1000.
KIng.Mambo

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 12:15:55 PM »

Yes thorn14 is right, plain bin file looks like this:

so xdf file make some sence of this.
Because there is NO documentation (public) where is what, you have some unknow tables in Development folder, maybe in time somebody finds out what they do.
BE AWARE numbers shoud make some sence! If not there is big possibility that xdf file is wrong. 5AM ECU is fairly robust so keep your backup and you will be fine if something goes wrong.
Little hint for beginers, if you load bin and xdf double click on table name will open it. If you have load compare bin then you can nicely see differences between maps.
fi_duke

« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2014, 01:30:38 AM »

Hi, as said before the .bin file contains the contents of the ECU and the .xdf file is a TunerPro -file that tells the program where stuff is located in the binary.

Does anyone know if the .bin allso contains information about the immobilizer? I'm thinking of buying a second ECU to play with. So is it possible to make a 1:1 copy of the ECU with guzzidiag reader and writer?
thorn14

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2014, 06:28:36 AM »

There's nothing labeled in the bin files I have that says immobilizer, so it's gonna be one the unlabeled sections no doubt.

M620 turned M800 but then back to M620 after the M800 died at 110k, and now to Multi 1000.
fi_duke

« Reply #103 on: May 16, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »

Yes it would be buried somewhere in the binary. I'd imagine it would be pretty tough to find just by examining the bin. By comparing bins it shouldn't be that hard to find differences. But anyway... Anyone have experience of re-flashing ECUs from other bikes with guzzi tools?
KIng.Mambo

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2014, 07:53:38 AM »

Yes, I took *.ddg file from old DucatiDiag (from DP ECU I found on web) and flash it by GuzziWriter with no problem. waytogo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:55:10 AM by KIng.Mambo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: