Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interested in an Adamo Replica Arai?  (Read 1619 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »

After a recent conversation of the 20th anniversary of Jimmy Adamo's passing I initiated a conversation with Sammy Tanner regarding a possible reissue of an Arai Adamo replica helmet.  Sammy is going to begin researching what Arai is willing to do, but he feels fairly confident that if we can put together 50 commitments to the design he can have it made.  During our discussions we turned over the point that much of the profit from the original design was given to Jimmy's family.  I, personally, don't know any of his family, but I thought some of you, particularly Vicki with the Gia.Ca.Moto tie-in, might.  We thought we might donate $25 of each sale either to Jimmy's family or to a foundation named for him (if such a foundation exists), or to the RRW action fund in memory of Jimmy...a gift that might save another racer's life in the future.

In any case, on to the point of this message.  Are there any fifty of you out there who might be interested in purchasing an Adamo replica lid?  This would be decaled onto the latest version of Arai's Signet series helmet (the shell shape has changed since the original Signet...so try one on if you haven't lately) in either Red/White/Black or Red/White/Green...or some of each if there's enough interest.  Price should be between $600 and $700....probably around $650.

If you're interested, please respond with the size, and color arrangement you'd prefer, and whether or not you'd be willing to buy one if it's only produced in a different color arrangement (ie...you'd prefer red/white/green but would or would not buy red/white/black if that was the only option).  I'll start a list and if we approach the fifty unit threshold I'll get with Sammy and get the ball rolling on production.  He estimates that delivery should occur within 90 to 120 days after the order is initiated.

I'm first on the list....so only 49 to go!

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:24:42 AM by Cloner » Logged

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

That is amazing...  Wish I could spare the $ to pick one up right now...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: