Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 09:46:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R1K Ride Height Adjustment  (Read 1375 times)
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« on: July 02, 2008, 04:27:43 PM »

Anyone know what size wrench I need to adjust the tie rod for ride height?  Looks like I'll need to buy two wrenches, want to make sure I get the right size the first time....

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »

19mm.

Be prepared to take it off for the first adjustment, they're usually pretty tight from the factory, and the access sucks.

The end with the slotted hex is left hand thread.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »

19mm.

Be prepared to take it off for the first adjustment, they're usually pretty tight from the factory, and the access sucks.

Thanks.  Removing the whole thing is more than I could do, since I don't have any way to support the bike.  As an alternative, any idea how far can I safely raise the fork legs before running into clearance problems?

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:49 PM »

Not sure where the limit is, other folks here with S2R1k's should be able to give some guidance.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
scduc

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »

I just did my 08' S2R 1K and it was a little tricky. You just have to be patient. I did not find that the lock nuts were all that tight. You may want to remove the passenger pegs to give a little more room. But they actually don't get in the way. I used two 19mm wrenches. One to hold the center spline and the other to crack loose lock nut. Once loose, I was able to lenghten spline with wrench turning about 1/8 turn each time. remember to flip wrench so  you can get most use out of. Just remember to be carefull with the wrenches as not to chip frame. I took extra time to be carefull. I would freak out if I chipped the paint.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: