Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 03:12:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happiness is a woking clutch  (Read 1502 times)
TresGatos

« on: March 19, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »

I had a slowly releasing clutch (while lever was pulled in) so riding was OK except for starting from rest.  Essentially having to "pop" the clutch every time from a standstill sucked and was dangerous, so I got a 1098 master (thanks to Rich D's help waytogo) and managed to install it successfully on the Hyper today.  Woo Hoo! it's nice to have her running again Dolph

BTW, it is also nice to have another bike to ride when one is down Grin

'65 Honda CM91 - '98 Suzuki DR650 - '08 695+mods - '08 Hypermotard 1100S
CajunR

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:28:10 AM »

waytogo waytogo waytogo

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:20:23 AM »

Very cool.  Glad to hear the install wasn't too much of a pita.  And, two Ducs are always better than one... Or in LYD's case, five...  Shocked  I think he needs to keep 'em sep-a-rated because there's some funny business going on in that garage after-hours, I'm sure of it  Evil  laughingdp

caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 08:40:51 AM »

because there's some funny business going on in that garage after-hours, I'm sure of it  Evil  laughingdp

What happens in LYD's garage, stays in LYD's garage.  Wink
LYD

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 03:24:49 PM »

What happens in LYD's garage, stays in LYD's garage.  Wink

DAMNIT!!!!  who let out my secret! bang head  I am really hoping that they all will do some funny business and a new Multi will appear.  waytogo

so speaking of clutches, sunday we went on a ride, cher, alanb, my boss, and lt dan.  so cher and I switched bikes first, then alan let me ride his multi, but cher stayed on my monster (BLQ)  so when I got back on, It wouldn't go into neutral, all the way home I was wondering WTF its a brand new clutch, basket, everything, even bled it.  so the next day I decided to ride the 748 instead to work since it was giving me problems.  but on the way to work I realized, cher adjusted the levers to fit her, and I didnt move them back.  so I got home and adjusted to fit me again and now its back to normal.  just not enough pull in the lever.  cher did you have the same problem when you rode it?   but man I was worried for a moment.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:41:30 PM by LYD » Logged

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »

DAMNIT!!!!  who let out my secret! bang head  I am really hoping that they all will do some funny business and a new Multi will appear.  waytogo

so speaking of clutches, sunday we went on a ride, cher, alanb, my boss, and lt dan.  so cher and I switched bikes first, then alan let me ride his multi, but cher stayed on my monster (BLQ)  so when I got back on, It wouldn't go into neutral, all the way home I was wondering WTF its a brand new clutch, basket, everything, even bled it.  so the next day I decided to ride the 748 instead to work since it was giving me problems.  but on the way to work I realized, cher adjusted the levers to fit her, and I didnt move them back.  so I got home and adjusted to fit me again and now its back to normal.  just not enough pull in the lever.  cher did you have the same problem when you rode it?   but man I was worried for a moment.

Damn!  Really?  BLQ only stalled on me once from a stop at a light right after we traded.  But I had no issues with clutch pull or anything like that.  And that was riding up Highway 4.  No worries.  At all.

Sorry I messed it up.  Can't imagine  Undecided  Glad you figured it out without having to take it apart or something.

But hey, how'd you like that Multi 1200S   Evil   Grin

TresGatos

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 07:06:57 PM »

That's really cool that you guys switched bikes.  It's fun when you can trust someone else to ride your bike. waytogo  Three Westies did that down around Granbury one time.  Those were good times for sure Dolph  Plus, I got to ride  an awesome 999 once across a river bridge.  Good times again. Wink Smiley

LYD

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »

Damn!  Really?  BLQ only stalled on me once from a stop at a light right after we traded.  But I had no issues with clutch pull or anything like that.  And that was riding up Highway 4.  No worries.  At all.

Sorry I messed it up.  Can't imagine  Undecided  Glad you figured it out without having to take it apart or something.

But hey, how'd you like that Multi 1200S   Evil   Grin

you didnt mess anything up at all.  its all good!  glad i figured it out also!!  I liked yours also, but man that new one is great!  do I need to say it again    WHITE!

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 08:46:35 AM »

What's a "woking" clutch? I've heard of cooking with a wok but a wok clutch? laughingdp laughingdp

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »

I like sushi
TresGatos

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »

Woking crutch, clucking work, you would think I've got a rice burner Grin

I like sushi too and sushimi too Smiley  Mo ichi do Toyosama.  Ahhh, ichi ban!  Domo.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: