Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:25:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richmond Superbike 7500 Mile Service Review (Pic Heavy)  (Read 3843 times)
JimmyTheDriver

« on: June 06, 2013, 12:58:23 PM »

I recently brought my 2007 Monster S4R in for the 7500 mile service and I couldn't be happier. The bike already ran great, now it's just insane. From what I gather, they go the extra mile and did a number of things I requested that most shops would have likely said no to. The owner and staff were great and I will definitely head the 1.5 hours back to Richmond for more work. 

They threw in a dyno run and the A/F was spot on, like 124 to the wheels if I remember correctly. I'll have to find the sheet.

Anyway, they take pictures during the process.  Here is what they sent me...

DRKWNG

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »

Nice.  That's pretty good service.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducati culture

My freedom is worth my life and my soul..........

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 10:46:14 AM »

Awesome.....   Reasonably priced?
 popcorn

JimmyTheDriver

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »

I suppose.  I don't really know what people pay for the same service.  I got full 7.5k service on S4R (which they do more than some others I have read about), dyno run, front/rear tire change, and sag adjustment (suspension) for $1221. Price included all parts and labor except for tires.

-Jim
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 08:21:20 AM »

That seems like a more than fair deal, considering it looks like they took your whole bike apart (clutch too?!?!).  Just getting my belts changed and valves checked (no adj needed as far as I can tell) was nearly $600 at Battley's.  I even had the fairings off for them, and brought the belts.

And apparently they destroyed my $300 battery somehow; home now with a dead duck.  Next time off to Richmond.

2000Monster750Dark: cored pipes, stage2, 43t, f-18, dptach
2007 1098Red: home depot cooler guard, on sale cluch cover, on sale dp dark tall screen, ebay hugger, hand painted clutch spring caps
xsephirot

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:21:59 AM »

That seems like a more than fair deal, considering it looks like they took your whole bike apart (clutch too?!?!).  Just getting my belts changed and valves checked (no adj needed as far as I can tell) was nearly $600 at Battley's.  I even had the fairings off for them, and brought the belts.

And apparently they destroyed my $300 battery somehow; home now with a dead duck.  Next time off to Richmond.

That's weird cause Battley's did mines in sept and they did a pretty good job. I was talking to Jeff at Monsterparts and they charge only like half of that. Sure wish I lived in a more rural area.
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »

That's weird cause Battley's did mines in sept and they did a pretty good job. I was talking to Jeff at Monsterparts and they charge only like half of that. Sure wish I lived in a more rural area.

Yes, $95/hr for 5 hrs and some parts I didn't need adds up.  I assume they spent an hour trying to wrestle my expanded tank back on.

It is unfortunate, but if labor there was free for the rest of my life I wouldn't go back.

2000Monster750Dark: cored pipes, stage2, 43t, f-18, dptach
2007 1098Red: home depot cooler guard, on sale cluch cover, on sale dp dark tall screen, ebay hugger, hand painted clutch spring caps
ducati culture

My freedom is worth my life and my soul..........

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »

It is unfortunate, but if labor there was free for the rest of my life I wouldn't go back.

DAMN!  Shocked

twolanefun

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »

Seems reasonable, glad you are happy that is the important thing. I'll still go to DucPond, good to stick with who you know/trust. The SS900 I picked up earlier this year or late last year I forget, had been serviced by them. Seemed to have done a good job. The guy I bought it from was happy with their work, except for the part where they dropped the bike during service and caused some minor damage, an honest mistake that can happen to anyone. I believe Donnie knows those guys as well and gets along fine with them. - Gene
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:58:29 AM by twolanefun » Logged

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
JimmyTheDriver

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 11:37:53 AM »

Yes, $95/hr for 5 hrs and some parts I didn't need adds up.  I assume they spent an hour trying to wrestle my expanded tank back on.

I would NEVER go back to Battley.  I bought my bike there and they convinced me there was no such thing as a red key (I was new to Ducati),

Now I have a bike, I bought BRAND NEW, without a red key.  Duc Pond in Winchester is the best dealer on earth.  Richmond Superbike also did a bang up job on my bike and I would go back there in a heartbeat.

-Jim
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:40:42 AM by JimmyTheDriver » Logged
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »

I would NEVER go back to Battley.  I bought my bike there and they convinced me there was no such thing as a red key (I was new to Ducati),

Now I have a bike, I bought BRAND NEW, without a red key.  Duc Pond in Winchester is the best dealer on earth.  Richmond Superbike also did a bang up job on my bike and I would go back there in a heartbeat.

-Jim

I would contact the boss of whoever sold you the bike, and if that fails contact Ducati North America. You will be in trouble if the bike needs servicing and it goes without saying that no one will buy that bike from you. You need that red key. What year was the bike? Model?

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
twolanefun

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »

Now I have a bike, I bought BRAND NEW, without a red key.  Duc Pond in Winchester is the best dealer on earth.  Richmond Superbike also did a bang up job on my bike and I would go back there in a heartbeat.

-Jim
Well what year is the bike, they eliminated the Red Key back in 07'/08'. Your right about Duc Pond. I have no experience with Battleys and my Ducs. Back when I had a BMW in the late 80s, early 90s they did a good job. Devin Battley is a stand up guy, so if there is a problem you should let him know. - Gene
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:40:46 AM by twolanefun » Logged

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
Patriot Guard Rider
JimmyTheDriver

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 05:25:46 AM »

Its a 2007 Monster S4R.  I was handed 2 black keys.  A year or more later, I got this from them via email.  Do I need to get nasty?  I honestly had no idea of the impact it could have.  I lingered around here reading posts, but never realized how screwed I could actually be.  I now live a few hundred miles from them.

Purchased the bike in 2010 brand new.  

"From my recollection, Ducati started to do away with the Red Key in 2007. I was told your S4R didn’t come with the Red Key. I will have to check on this for you. I know we owe you a Code Card."
twolanefun

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 05:47:13 AM »

I would confirm that your bike needs a red key and if so, yeah I would get their attention, it is a serious problem. - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
Patriot Guard Rider
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:01 AM »

From the svc bulletin I'd contact Tom or Sam and see what it takes to get the key & card from the dealer in Fla that has it (Huh?)
I would assume there's be no problem getting it.

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: