Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:17:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad news to report *Updated w/ memorial information*  (Read 3247 times)
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« on: June 09, 2013, 05:29:49 AM »

From DEMC's FB page:

You may know that our family of riders lost a good friend today. Greg Shaw was killed instantly on a ride over Squaw Pass when he was struck head on by a car. Those of us who arrived minutes later to the scene are still very much in shock. Greg was a generous man, known for loaning bikes to DEMC riders between motos. His enthusiasm for the sport, experience and skill will be missed. Especially at Ducati in the Rockies, where Greg was a faithful attendee.

Our prayers and thoughts are truly with Greg and his wife.

More information as it becomes known.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:05:32 AM by Randimus Maximus » Logged

ducducgooseme
Local Moderator

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 07:17:43 AM »

Big hug to everyone.  Sad, sad news.  RIP Greg

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Manny

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 02:18:47 PM »

Very sad news. Our thoughts and prayers are with Greg and his family and friends.
Spy+

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »

Prayers for his love ones

SF 848
M696
Can am spyder gsr
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:29:12 AM »

We lost a good one this weekend.
Greg was a very accomplished motorcyclist. He, like all of us, liked to have the spirited ride but he always knew his limitations and never rode on the ragged edge on the street.
He was also simply a good human being. Between bikes and wanted to ride? Greg was always the first to offer up one of his. Need advice? Greg was always there. Just needed an ear when it seemed no one else would listen? Greg was always happy to be that ear.
He had a passion for motorcycles.

I last rode with him last year at Ducati in the Rockies. We spent Saturday together. The first couple of hours in the morning, we had a much slower rider with us and Greg pulled over, waited for him to catch up and then called some other riders to meet up with us that were going to be riding at a pace that was much more what this other rider was used to.
Once the other group caught up to us, we sent them on their way and went on ours.
Our pace was pretty quick but it was also well within what both of us were capable of. We stopped for lunch in Pagosa Springs and talked about the mundane. I got to know him better and am very thankful for the short time that I was able to call him my friend.

I last spoke to him on Thursday afternoon. I wanted some advice on a seat for my Multistrada and knew that he had been through a few so I wanted to pick his brain. He asked about my wife and kids and we chatted about other, far less important things. We ended the conversation by promising each other that we would have to ride together again soon.

As I have tried to come to grips with Greg's loss, I wonder when the tears will come. I keep telling myself that I am still numb. That the tears will come in their own time. But I am not being honest with myself. I don't know if the tears will ever come. Not because I don't care for Greg. But because of the opposite. He died doing something he loved. Something that he had a passion for. He died showing others the way. And to that, I say we all should be so lucky. To die doing what one loves is to die truly happy.
We all have asked ourselves that question..."What would I do if I only had 6 months to live?"
I would be on my bike every waking hour. I would ride until the very end just like Greg. I would blast through heaven's gates in a third gear power wheelie, all while laughing into my helmet.

We all take risks every day. Us who ride, know that. We calculate our risk with our reward and then strap on our gear and throw a leg over our trusty steeds. We know that it can end at any time. But we don't let that stop us from living our lives and doing that which we love.

I miss you terribly Greg. You are one that I will always and truly consider a friend. But I will hold on to the hope that some day we will meet again and that you are up there now, scouting out the great rides for the rest of us.

RIP my friend.
 Cry

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Randimus Maximus
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 05:05:07 AM »

Memorial Service Info (from DEMC):

There will be a service of remembrance on Monday, June 17 at 1 pm. Everyone is welcome. If you would like to speak at the service, please let me know. Izzy is meeting with a Unitarian Minister to help arrange this, and it would be helpful to know ahead of time who would like to speak. Please contact Izzy at izzyvet@me.com.

The address is: Crossroad Church of Denver's Chapel
9901 W 50th Avenue
Wheatridge, CO

This website: www.coloradocrematory.com should have an interactive obituary on their website sometime soon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: