Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 26, 2024, 01:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How pissed should I be?  (Read 15547 times)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2013, 07:39:57 AM »

I've considered opening a bike shop before.

I don't know if I hate myself enough yet.

Do it with a friend  Evil You'll hate each other instead...

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »

lol

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
hbliam
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 07:53:14 AM »

For warranty work I go to Ducati Newport Beach, for all else it's goes to Motoservicio. Never had an issue with cost, time, lies, or any other BS at either shop. In fact DNB sends a guy to pick up the bike up at my house and drops it off when it's done. So, it's not a motorcycle shop issue, it's a poorly run motorcycle shop issue.

As far as airing this stuff out on the net. I think it's the right thing to do AFTER you have given the vendor the opportunity to do the right thing or after they cross the line of professionalism. Then, especially in a community such as this, it's our duty to alert our fellow riders/friends so they don't suffer the same treatment.

Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 08:35:36 AM »

The business environment is the States is not all that easy.  I have a great balloon business that was five star (now 4) rated on Yelp.  I took some Groupons and ran into some of the worst humans I have ever tried to do business with.  As such I tell a percentage of them to go get their money back as I won't take them flying.  They then go one star me.  Those we decide to take flying love the experience we deliver and we usually get five stars reviews from those we fly.

However, if someone is rude or pushy they will not like me.  I have had people demand to fly on a day that is outside the limitations of their coupon and they will threaten me with a bad review if they don't get it.  Needless to say I tell them I am done with them and I won't take them flying under any circumstances.  They one star me.........

I imagine that is not dissimilar to a motorcycle shop.  Riders by nature are AA personalities, some of these personalities will clash without even knowing why, it is simply nature.  When the owners get involved with the customers the chances of a beef with the business actually increase..... 

I like to know when a business is pissing off a disproportionate number of people.  No matter how hard you try you can't make everyone happy....... 

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »

As far as airing this stuff out on the net. I think it's the right thing to do AFTER you have given the vendor the opportunity to do the right thing or after they cross the line of professionalism. Then, especially in a community such as this, it's our duty to alert our fellow riders/friends so they don't suffer the same treatment.

This. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
scaramanga

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:42 AM »

This.
+1

you work hard for your money........they should work hard for your money also.

2008 s2r1000
2011 sf1098
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2013, 04:08:04 PM »

I'm a relative newcomer to motorcycles and after a few bad experiences with my local dealer I stopped using them.  <Snip>  Other than how quickly auto dealers can get parts, is there some functional difference that keeps moto dealers from emulating their process?  

I think the key is how easy motorbikes are to work on yourself. My bike has never been to a dealer. I bought it, they said "see ya in 1000km" and I thought (but didn't say) "yeah right". A thousand km later I changed my own oil.

My car is different. Recently (actually in January) the clutch throwout bearing discombobulated. I knew it was the throwout bearing and figured I'd just fix it. So I dove in, over a period of about four weekends. I skinned knuckles, swore, cut perfectly good spanners up to get them to fit in ridiculously cramped places, and eventually gave up when I realised that if I ever did get the gearbox free, there's just no way on earth I could lift it. So I put it back together, and next week (once my tax return comes in) will arrange for a mechanic to collect it.

See on my bike everything's easy. It's right there in front of me. And because its easy for me, it's easy for others too, which means places like this exist where we share knowledge and help one another out. Which only makes it easier.

Then of course there are lots of really smart independent guys (many of whom are here) that pick up the harder work for knowledgeable people. For those in the know.

So the dealers end up with the shit work and the dumb customers. Boring oil changes and servicing, prepping new bikes, diagnosing "my bike won't start" issues on badly neglected bikes. How are you going to keep a decent mechanic motivated with that? Of course the standard of work is gonna be low. How could it not be?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:09:40 PM by suzyj » Logged

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42:22 PM »

I've considered opening a bike shop before.

I don't know if I hate myself enough yet.

Why do you think I chose not to Izaak? 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2013, 04:01:36 AM »

discombobulated

I thought I was doing well using that word in the office yesterday.

But to use it on the Monster forum to relate a busted Peugeot in Western Australia to a thread about a bad dealer experience in the US ... that takes some talent. Well done young lady.

Believe post content at your own risk.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »

Why do you think I chose not to Izaak? 

Chicken.

And I found a great space in NE.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 11:12:29 AM »

Chicken.

And I found a great space in NE SE.

Fixed it for you Grin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 11:15:12 AM by Real Recognize Real » Logged

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 11:43:13 AM »

Nice place in SE?  No such thing.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 01:44:17 PM »

I've been lucky enough to be able to find some awesome dealers. Only 2 were disappointments, both North GA. The dealer I bought my Monster from folded within a few months of me buying it. The other place bought out the original dealer's stock, but they mostly sold rice burners. They had to hire someone that could service the Ducs. The guy was always too busy and his work suffered for it. I trust 5 places total in the SE to even look at Ducs. Depending on whether it's performance work or more warranty related, but I've felt very lucky to have that level of service so close. Now, if they would only be cheaper.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 05:11:07 PM »

Wow. I go away for a weekend and look at all this......

Thanks everybody.

I just want to reiterate this was a gut check. I've used them before and been happy. This time, not so much. To those who think I should wait until this is resolved before venting, I also want to reiterate that it is resolved as far as it can be. They can't do anything else for me. Or rather my bike will never spend another minute in their shop again. They offered to send me an ECU flashed the way they promised and, regarding the other items, there really isn't anything they can do regarding the dropped balls and crappy service.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:15:28 PM by angler » Logged

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2013, 07:15:27 AM »

Well I'm here to report that a new ECU arrived yesterday with the DP tune and the immobilizer disabled (or so their note says).......

Their note also says I'll need to come in and have the TPS reset and the trim fiddled with before it will run right. Since I didn't get Ducatidiag set up before it got shut down, I'm not sure how I'm going to get this done as I'm not going back out there for anything.

I am still finding things they should have caught. I have BoomTubes, which they don't like, and on the first couple of rides I found it to backfire like mad when decelerating in gear. Like shoot flames bad. While trying to reroute the oil lines they routed funny and to reattach brackets they left dangling, I discovered both exhaust pipes so loose at the head I could wiggle them. Now I'm not blaming them for loosening them, but shouldn't that be the first thing they checked when it backfired like mad on their test ride? It was almost the first thing I checked. 10 minutes with a 10mm wrench later and no backfire.......

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: