Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 01, 2024, 12:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade mods  (Read 289126 times)

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:49 PM »

Took a hacksaw to my stock windscreen and made a mini bikini-fairing out of it. I also flipped the handlebars upside down. Gives almost the same look and feel as clip-ons, but doesn't cost a penny.

Looks great!!
Are there any difference with bars ends hitting tank when turning?
Also can u post a pic from the rider sitting perspective?
Thanks

That might be my weekend project!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
drunkfatguy

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »

I decided to do a little bit of homemade modding myself, I bought a mid-pipe with exhaust valve in it from a local cycle salvage shop and got rid of the Valve assembly.

Here's the unmodded piece:

Here's the pipe after I removed the flapper, I had to cut a slot to get the thing out but a grinder makes everything come off easy.

An Image after welding up the cuts and the 2 holes from the shaft:

Here's the semi finished product:

I don't think its too shabby considering it only took 1 hour of lunch(while I ate my sandwich) and only cost about $80.00. I spent fifty for the mid pipe and 30 for the 308L Stainless fluxcore wire for the mig welder.
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »

Nice. waytogo Just out of curiosity, are you using a flapper emulator now?

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
drunkfatguy

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »

Haven't Installed it yet, got to get the Duc EE ordered. Later plans are the Modded Airbox. Got that off of Ebay for 65, planning on modding the top either like the termi kit or building something akin to What Doworkson had posted on a prior thread. A reflash of the ECU may possibly be needed so I've been looking around for a spare 796 ECU. If this is the case there may also be an additional post of me doing some custom exhaust pipe bending(in a larger than stock size of course- I gotta find out what size and grade of Stainless the termi kit uses).
drunkfatguy

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2011, 04:06:05 PM »

I was messing around with the Idea of an Air inlet modification and got a cheap part from a Motorcycle recycling/scrap yard to do this(I don't like to mess up my original parts just in case).

The first thing I noticed was this cone in the center of the Air filter, it has it's function but to me it just seemed to be taking up space:

I took it out and made something to eliminate it and to give more room in the filter:

Here's the Installed part:

The bottom is from an oil filter that had a drain plug, it fits perfect on the lower edge of the filter:

I went back to my extra salvage airbox and did a fit check, everything looks ok:

I have plans of either modding the top like the termi Piece or making an alltogether different Part that has been put out here on the forum.
Monster750ie

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2011, 08:19:38 AM »

I needed a new left side rearset. The one that broke was black, the used ebay rearset I purchased was painted grey. The paint was peeling and it had some pretty bad oil stains.

So I decided to give em both a brushed aluminum look. Here are the tools I used and as you can see the corner is quite nice.
You must use the wheel and brush the piece in one direction.  

ill try to take a better picture if needed.

After:

Before:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:07:55 PM by Drunken Monkey » Logged
sejman

« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2011, 08:34:33 AM »

That brushed look is great - can't wait to see the whole thing.  I wonder if you'll have to spray a clear coat on it to keep it looking good.  I have a feeling that dirt/grease will settle in there and be tough to clean...
Monster750ie

« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »

The "brush strokes" aren't very deep at all. When you apply the wheel dont put a lot of pressure on the rearset.. just enough to strip the paint and mark the aluminum. You can get the same effect with a sanding block and running the block in a single direction. The wheel is just much faster.

I will take a pic of the rearset tonight and add it to the thread!

I cant imagine it will be all that hard to clean. I just wiped all the paint dust off when I was finished and it was pretty Smiley
Monster750ie

« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 08:18:20 AM »

here is a full after shot.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:08:38 PM by Drunken Monkey » Logged
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:49 PM »

Headlight bucket bracket's
$100 on ebay  boo
Never really liked the silver one on mine as I have a black headlight ring
so made my own , took about an hour all up
Just a wet lay up but still strong and light.
braando
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2011, 02:28:11 AM »

Will it make you feel better Des if i make a comment to make you warm and happy inside..?     Roll Eyes
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:59 PM »

Will it make you feel better Des if i make a comment to make you warm and happy inside..?     Roll Eyes

Huh?

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »

Bwian go back to the MV forum before you get hit with a mod's banning stick ........cruel bastard
At least I can make stuff  Grin all you can do is open a wallet  laughingdp
Now back to the scheduled program  waytogo
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »

We need a "two old chums giving each other a friend dose of crap" smiley  Tongue

04monsterduc

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »

Painted clutch cover

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: