Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 03:22:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soooo...what do you all think  (Read 61278 times)
Raux
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »

i was being sarcastic about the 50 post visibility Wink

i stand by my choice

0 limit on posts

full disclosure on items or be deleted.
kokis

« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2013, 02:50:57 PM »

i stand by my choice

0 limit on posts

+1

I am not pro in tech questions, but as any rider have some experience that I can share without claiming to absolute truth. Please use my advices responsibly.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2013, 10:42:03 PM »

I suggest reducing the choices in the poll:

o 0 posts
        o 25 posts
        o full disclosure on items or be deleted

Choose no more than two. 

Stick to these choices in discussion.  Whatever Nate's final decision, Dolph

JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2013, 04:09:10 AM »

Browsing the parts for sale section i see we got a little microcosm of a case for having a 25 post rule.

i stand by my choice

0 limit on posts

Agree, I think most people tend to be polite and answer any question to the best of their ability. The person mentioned above is the exception to the rule, generally.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2013, 04:14:04 AM »

I suggest reducing the choices in the poll:

o 0 posts
        o 25 posts
        o full disclosure on items or be deletedj

Choose no more than two.  

Stick to these choices in discussion.  Whatever Nate's final decision, Dolph

I will stand by my original vote of 25 + full disclosure

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
hbliam
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2013, 08:12:15 AM »

Browsing the parts for sale section i see we got a little microcosm of a case for having a 25 post rule.

That guys threads should be deleted not just locked. He is a great example of why this thread is here.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »

I think....

that if Randall can mature to the point where Stu has a BillisiMoto sponsor sticker on his salty bike, than even the doucheiest noobs in the for sale section might over time become regular, active, decent, and helpfull boardmembers.

That's all I got to say.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
hbliam
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2013, 09:47:50 AM »

I think....

that if Randall can mature to the point where Stu has a BillisiMoto sponsor sticker on his salty bike, than even the doucheiest noobs in the for sale section might over time become regular, active, decent, and helpfull boardmembers.

That's all I got to say.

Trading parts for ad space is a sign of maturity?
El-Twin

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »

That guys threads should be deleted not just locked. He is a great example of why this thread is here.

Holy Smokes.... What a doosch.  Shocked

Now I see what this thread is all about.  Angry

1961 Honda 50
1962 Mustang Thoroughbred
1972 Honda CB500 Four
2012 1100 evo

If I ever find myself on a winding road, holding up a line of cars with a motorcycle, I will carry the shame to my grave.   -PETER EGAN
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »

I may have to change my vote, 25 posts clearly isn't enough   Grin

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Trading parts for ad space is a sign of maturity?

I have personally never delt with him ( I still think of him as a lil snot nosed douche bag), but I figure if Stu has been dealing with him, and I do know Stu,  Randall must have matured somewhat Wink

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
MendoDave
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2013, 07:22:34 AM »

I just noticed this thread. Don't get over here much, but the header helped.

I wanted to vote for 49 1/2 posts but I reluctantly  voted for 50 instead.

My thought which is slightly unrelated to selling stuff but maybe not entirely, is to deactivate accounts with less than 25 posts that haven't logged in for 9 months or a year or so. If your going to contribute then contribute.

Not that it matters but the reason I joined in the first place  was to buy stuff to get my monster operable. And I've been posting crap on here ever since.  Grin
justinrhenry
Super

weeeeee!!!

« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2013, 10:02:09 AM »

I think all of this is a clever marketing ploy to get us to check out the flea market!!!   Police   applause

_____
2013 Honda CB1100D
2006 Honda ST1300
2003 Ducati Monster 620ie
WTSDS

« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »

Posted by: justinrhenry

I think all of this is a clever marketing ploy to get us to check out the flea market!!!   Police   applause

I presume yer joking....

My take is that it's the old buyer beware scenario.  If a noob has parts to sell I'd most likely ignore the post but if really interested I would exercise due caution.

I have seen the situation where a well heeled dude buys a shiny new toy, gets a stack of gear and bling, decides he doesn't really enjoy riding and wants to quit - because he has no " street cred " anywhere he will have trouble attracting a buyer, therefore someone will get bargains when he goes to the obvious places to unload that particular 'bike .

OK, that case might be rare - but so far have there been many scammers trying to sell stuff here ? ?

2000 Monster Dark 900 ie   Stock except for low Staintunes and a centrestand. 15:39 sprockets make for excellent highway gearing
MendoDave
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »

Posted by: justinrhenry

I presume yer joking....

My take is that it's the old buyer beware scenario.  If a noob has parts to sell I'd most likely ignore the post but if really interested I would exercise due caution.

I have seen the situation where a well heeled dude buys a shiny new toy, gets a stack of gear and bling, decides he doesn't really enjoy riding and wants to quit - because he has no " street cred " anywhere he will have trouble attracting a buyer, therefore someone will get bargains when he goes to the obvious places to unload that particular 'bike .

OK, that case might be rare - but so far have there been many scammers trying to sell stuff here ? ?

The point has been made 7 or 8 times that we perhaps we should discourage people from joining the forum just to sell things and then once they've sold their stuff they go on their merry way. This is not Craigslist or E bay, its an online community. Conversation and interaction are encouraged here which is how many members have end up with such high post counts. They have the gift of gab.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: