Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 08:23:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you always wear gear? I don't and don't get the fuss it causes  (Read 18755 times)
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »

My sacrifice is as with a lot of riders the kevlar jeans, I have to wear my jeans.  Full armour leather J even in heat, boots, gloves and a full Shoei.  But lately I have been noticing my knobby knees are the only things sticking out at whatever I might hit.  I rode around the block the other day in shorts so I could listen to the bike without earplugs (good thing to do once in awhile) and I was so paranoid I ended up doing 20 mph back.  I am looking at knee armour as soon as I get done with this thread.  Thanks for the reminder. 

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 12:56:51 PM »

I am an ATTGAT snob.  While I may talk to you if you are wearing jeans there are several dis-qualifiers that will result in nothing but a stone dead glance and ignore.

1. No Boots
2. No Gloves
3. Half Helmet
4. GF on the back with no gear.
5. And while this is not gear related it gets the same treatment.  Monster Energy Drink stickers......

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »

Jorts and tevas. I tape up my shifter toe.

I grew up riding dirt not even owning a helmet. Came back to the sport an ATGATT convert. Now I'm MOTTGMOTT (most of the gear, most of the time).

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »

<snip>
4. GF on the back with no gear.

^^ This.

I made damn sure my wife-to-be was covered head-to-toe and was wearing more gear than I was, even before we knew if she'd like riding.  She even got my back protector.  I was NOT going to have a wreck, and be left explaining to her father why I was in more gear than she was.

Once we knew she liked riding, which was about the same time we got engaged, we made some major gear purchases for her.  Her own jacket (instead of one of mine), her own helmet (as opposed to my sister's), her own boots, gloves, et cetera.  Actually, I think my wife's jacket is nicer than either of mine.  Wink

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: