Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 08:03:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more SPEED Channel; blame the BCS (really)  (Read 1690 times)
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« on: August 11, 2013, 02:56:38 AM »

As most of you know, SPEED Channel will be off the air in a week, replaced by Fox Sports 1, a broad-based "all sports" channel  Roll Eyes

The reasons behind the decision are here:

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/08/05/Media/Speed.aspx?

I'm a "F1 wonk" and I am happy to see that David Hobbs and Steve Matchett made it over to NBCSports for their F1 coverage.  But what will happen to Bob Varsha?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:01:02 AM by Cher » Logged
swanny

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 04:15:27 AM »

Bummer for the employees at SPEED that will lose their jobs.  I quit watching most of the programming years ago when it started showing mostly NASCAR related programming.  As long as I have BeIN Sports, CBS Sports and NBC Sports I will be okay.

The only shows I watch on SPEED now are MotoGP and Supercross when they televise it live.

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 07:01:25 PM »

I just saw a press release from Fox Sports 1 that says Bob Varsha will be calling the Indy MotoGP race  applause

Unfortunately, he'll be joined by Ralph Sheehen, Scott Russell, and Greg White  bang head  bang head  bang head
Drjones

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »

If it wasn't for ALMS being bought out by DMG and them (USCR) having a broadcast contract with FS1/2 next year I'd be tempted to drop cable again.

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: