Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 09:58:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1990 Ducati 906 Paso  (Read 5684 times)
no c

DFW/Houston

« on: August 22, 2013, 11:20:02 AM »

While getting my oil changed i overheard a guy talking with his wife about needing to sell his motorcycle. After some prying I found out its a old paso. Red and white. Looks good for a '90 so says he. Hasn't been run in a while but was running great a few years back. Said he was looking for $1800. I don't have the first clue about this stuff, if you couldn't already tell from my limited posts, but I thought that sounded like there was some potential there. 

I told him I'd put his info on here in case anyone is interested.

Gary
214-668-5336
muskrat

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 04:36:37 PM »

Is it on Craigslist?

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
weemonster
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 05:13:34 PM »

its ugly. fully enclose plastic fantastic 80s idea of futuristic.
It came in some wonderful colours. Roll Eyes
RichD

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 04:26:01 AM »

its ugly. fully enclose plastic fantastic 80s idea of futuristic.
It came in some wonderful colours. Roll Eyes

The fully enclosed body was there to hide the frame.   Tongue

DFW-MFer!
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:56:12 AM »

Fully enclosed because it was a novel design to control air flow and that was (is) the style for sport touring bikes.

The 906 was a pretty cool bike, it was the first 6 speed ducati (hence, the "6") but not the first 900.  The prior 900s were all 5 speeds.

Yes, the look is controversial, but they are a beautiful ride.  The position and feel is awesome for a bike of that era. 

Any chance the fellow has pics or email?

-tizzy

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Raux
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 06:59:21 AM »

really wish I had the cash flow right now. would be all over that.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 07:18:11 AM »

oh, and i forgot to mention, the 906 is liquid cooled.  its successor, the 907, is the immediate precursor to the ST2

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Raux
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 07:23:25 AM »

it has split side radiators as well correct? like the Diavel
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 07:27:56 AM »

The fully enclosed body was there to hide the frame.   Tongue

That's not a Paso.  Desmoquattro engine?  Don't think so.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »

it has split side radiators as well correct? like the Diavel

I think so, the Paso 750 started doing that with dual oil coolers.

RichD

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 01:41:16 PM »

That's not a Paso.  Desmoquattro engine?  Don't think so.

It is a Paso someone is putting a DesmoQuatro engine in, as a project.  
Do think so.   Wink

The point I was making, which still stands, is that is one ugly make the beast with two backsing utilitarian frame.   vomit

DFW-MFer!
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »

Sure.  Denude a D16 and it looks like sin too!

RichD

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 06:26:48 PM »

Sure.  Denude a D16 and it looks like sin too!

Really?

DFW-MFer!
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 05:04:13 AM »

Really?

Yes really.  But thats not just denuded thats stripped.   Im saying remove the fairings only.   Looks like a clustermake the beast with two backs of wire and hose and craziness.

Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

Yes really.  But thats not just denuded thats stripped.   Im saying remove the fairings only.   Looks like a clustermake the beast with two backs of wire and hose and craziness.

And slowness, D-Oh!  bang head   (I'll just be back crawling back under my rock now...)

Carry on  Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: