Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 25, 2024, 03:19:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FINALLY HAPPENED !! Bike knocked over and they took off!  (Read 6260 times)
hbliam
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »

I can't. No traffic school if over 25mph speed limit.

Doh!
kendallb

Monster 620

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »

That actually is abnormal. Most people have no tickets or accidents on their record.

Well darn.. 1 ticket (double yellow infraction) , and a(minor) fender bender within 5 years..

I thought I was doing Ok. But i totally understand now.
hbliam
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 02:51:45 PM »

Well darn.. 1 ticket (double yellow infraction) , and a(minor) fender bender within 5 years..

I thought I was doing Ok. But i totally understand now.

Both only stay on your record for three years.
skurvy

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 03:09:29 PM »

kendallb, sorry man, I know how you feel. I just got my moto back together from the same type of incident. I went into a FedEx to send off a package, in and out in 10 minutes only to find someone backed into it, tipped it over, picked it up, and took off. I didn't think I had that much damage but the estimate came back at $4200 since they messed up the steering head and jammed the ignition, (which required a new key set all around).

I have Progressive and a $500 deductible so of course I had to make the claim.

Yes people suck, but karma will catch up to them.

Hope everything works out for you.
BoDiddley

S4Rs In Michigan

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

Yes people suck, but karma will catch up to them.

Naaaa : JO's are born that way, live that way and die that way.  The best you can do is have good luck not to run into them which I guess you could call your good Karmaism, but I call it luck.

kendallb : Sorry to hear about your bike, I would be going nutts.  It is called bad timing, kinda like an intersection, look at it as you got that one out of the way, paid your dues and it won't happen again.

"But sire what are we to do.  You have taken all our weapons and now the heathen hordes are at the gate.  Are we to lie down and give them our lives.  Without weapons they will make us eat ourselves."
muskrat

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »

If you have medical on your insurance DROP it, it often doubles the price of insurance.   I'm guessing you have medical through work so no need for that with geico.  It's the biggest rip off in history knowing most are already covered.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
kendallb

Monster 620

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

Thanks, yea its a miracle that blowhards like that actually exist. Living my life then all of the sudden, mucho $ for nothing!

Monday all the shops open so i'll be taking it in for an estimate...

Truthfully i hope that theres nothing major wrong with it and i can just get some replacement parts and fix the dent on the low.

After looking at it in the light it doesnt look too bad, but i'll know for sure once the shop sees it. Fingers crossed.

At least i wasnt on it.. silver lining? but yea im hoping that person has a truly terrible week!
kendallb

Monster 620

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »

If you have medical on your insurance DROP it, it often doubles the price of insurance.   I'm guessing you have medical through work so no need for that with geico.  It's the biggest rip off in history knowing most are already covered.

Dropping the medical!! thanks
hbliam
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »

The medical portion pays for medical care for you but more importantly passengers. They may not have medical coverage and if you cause the collision they can go after you for the cost. If you only insure a moto and never carry a passenger then you may be ok dropping it but mine is tied to all of my vehicles. The total cost for the medical portion of my coverage is less then 8% of my total so not that big a deal.
Pedro-bot

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »

Careful with this. ^^^
This like any financial decision is very personal.

Thing is if its accident related, your medical insurance won't pay. They'll kick back the bill to you and make you go through auto/moto insurance. Regardless if your at fault or not.
Read your coverages on medical carefully.

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
Bladecutter

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 01:24:08 PM »

So some Dirt bag backed into my bike, picked it back up  and took off!!

The bike was in perfect, mint condition, and now... nope

Clutch is completely bent, bar end busted, and the worst part....

My TANK!! - Huge dent and scratched.

Just called geico and somehow I have the 500 for comprehensive and 1000 for collision. So apparently I have to fix it for 1000 and they'll pay the rest..(i pay 180 a month with them. Really Giego!?!?!)

Do you have uninsured coverage?
If yes, you might want to claim it under that portion of the policy, to either lower or eliminate your deductible.
Usually, though, if you have collision coverage, that eliminates the uninsured coverage.

Heck, you would have been better off reporting that a deer rammed into your bike, knocked it over, and caused the damage.
That way your deductible would have only been $500.

BC.
hbliam
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »

Heck, you would have been better off reporting that a deer rammed into your bike, knocked it over, and caused the damage.
That way your deductible would have only been $500.

BC.

And he'd be guilty of a felony. Better off just being honest.
muskrat

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 07:38:14 PM »

Careful with this. ^^^
This like any financial decision is very personal.

Thing is if its accident related, your medical insurance won't pay. They'll kick back the bill to you and make you go through auto/moto insurance. Regardless if your at fault or not.
Read your coverages on medical carefully.

Not so, if  you were not negligent and acting an idiot (stunting) they cannot deny coverage.  They may have clauses that say you should have a motorcycle endorsement, DOT helmet and the like but state regulations prohibit denial of coverage unless it's explicitly written in the policy (highly unlikely for group health).  Ask Aetna how that worked out for them - they've tried it in 5 states and lost every time.
Under HIPAA “evidence of insurability” (generally used when there are no medical questions to join the plan) may be requested and generally includes conditions arising from acts of domestic violence, as well as participation in activities such as motorcycling, snowmobiling, all-terrain vehicle riding, horseback riding, skiing, and other similar activities.  He would know because he would have to fill out a form in order to get his healthcare approved.  If no request was made then he's covered.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:47:26 PM by muskrat » Logged

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pedro-bot

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 07:56:21 PM »

Not so, if  you were not negligent and acting an idiot (stunting) they cannot deny coverage.  They may have clauses that say you should have a motorcycle endorsement, DOT helmet and the like but state regulations prohibit denial of coverage unless it's explicitly written in the policy (highly unlikely for group health).  Ask Aetna how that worked out for them - they've tried it in 5 states and lost every time.
Under HIPAA “evidence of insurability” (generally used when there are no medical questions to join the plan) may be requested and generally includes conditions arising from acts of domestic violence, as well as participation in activities such as motorcycling, snowmobiling, all-terrain vehicle riding, horseback riding, skiing, and other similar activities.  He would know because he would have to fill out a form in order to get his healthcare approved.  If no request was made then he's covered.

Well, I'm the guy that sees you in the ER. I know from first hand experience that it indeed does happen. In my practice the billers coin it "pay and chase."
As I said, proceed with caution. I don't claim to know it all, and I'm sure exceptions do happen, but I certainly avoid throwing blanket statements.

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
muskrat

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 08:05:19 PM »

and I've had the miss pleasure of visiting the ER on  - too many - occasions for bike related shit.  bang head  Sadly many insurers will do whatever they can to  not pay or delay until you give up.  Ultimately it's his responsibility to check but HIPAA does NOT allow discrimination in group medical coverage and it's enforced by the Department of Labor.  Evidence of insurability is a huge issue today, hell I'm still fighting a $19,000 bill that United Healthcare wont pay even though I was covered and paid my premiums under COBRA.   It's sad that this game is played with payers and providers. 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: