Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 03:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guys think of this S4RS?  (Read 9130 times)
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« on: September 03, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-S4RS-The-Ultimate-Monster-Only-2000-miles-PERFECT-Lots-goodies-/181209390205?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2a30ebdc7d

Has some nice mods already. I would remove and sell the Termi exhaust (can anyone tell if that's a full exhaust?). I don't wanna get carried away and bid too high...but I've gotten it in my head that I want an S4R so I'm on the hunt.

How high would you bid on this?

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:19:27 PM »

Those are slip-ons. He's hiding the udder behind the CF. It's the Rs, but only 2000 miles?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »

That mileage actually kind of bugs me.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:45:37 PM »

he might have bought a toy he never used or it spent too much time at the shop. This is why it's difficult for me to buy anything from eBay.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Steve.In.Atlanta

Rider in downtown Atlanta

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 05:50:20 PM »

The reserve hasn't been reached. My guess would they want at least $8500 or more, esp with low of mileage.

This one is closer to you in Cincinnati http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/4023345008.html
Really good price, after market pipes, some goodies and regular service. On top of that, the wheels are black.

Here's one in Atlanta, http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/4033956824.html I think the price is a bit rich but does have a full exhaust system but little else. I would want to know when belts and valves were done.

This one in Chicago seems better priced http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/4016596672.html
At least it has a tail chop and cleaned up. Also has a power commander on it.

2005 Monster S4R
1982 Moto Guzzi V50 Mk3 (project bike)
2001 Monster 900S (stolen)
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »

The reserve hasn't been reached. My guess would they want at least $8500 or more, esp with low of mileage.

This one is closer to you in Cincinnati http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/4023345008.html
Really good price, after market pipes, some goodies and regular service. On top of that, the wheels are black.

Here's one in Atlanta, http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/mcy/4033956824.html I think the price is a bit rich but does have a full exhaust system but little else. I would want to know when belts and valves were done.

This one in Chicago seems better priced http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/4016596672.html
At least it has a tail chop and cleaned up. Also has a power commander on it.

Thanks Steve! really digging that one in ATL. Could be a good excuse to go visit EAV and grab a drink at The Earl, ride the bike back to CLE...

Steve.In.Atlanta

Rider in downtown Atlanta

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »

Thanks Steve! really digging that one in ATL. Could be a good excuse to go visit EAV and grab a drink at The Earl, ride the bike back to CLE...

Bring it! I'll ride up to Franklin, NC where we can stay at our mountain house. Did I mention it's a little over an hour from Deals Gap?

2005 Monster S4R
1982 Moto Guzzi V50 Mk3 (project bike)
2001 Monster 900S (stolen)
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 07:20:35 PM »

Based on the photos, my guess is he has a shit ton of toys and just never rode it.
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 06:58:50 AM »

Bring it! I'll ride up to Franklin, NC where we can stay at our mountain house. Did I mention it's a little over an hour from Deals Gap?

waytogo!! I'll be casting my net pretty wide in this search, so if it takes me to/from the south through ATL it is on!

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »

my personal opinion....having the upgrade in power is nice...but having a bike with an expanding tank problem....not something I'd necessarily want to take on in ownership.

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
muskrat

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 09:15:17 AM »

my personal opinion....having the upgrade in power is nice...but having a bike with an expanding tank problem....not something I'd necessarily want to take on in ownership.
+1 but aren't all non S models up through 2006 metal tanks?  Mine's an 06 S4R with a metal tank (not giving this baby up either).

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:01 AM »

+1 but aren't all non S models up through 2006 metal tanks?  Mine's an 06 S4R with a metal tank (not giving this baby up either).

So ALL S versions are gonna be the plastic tanks? So if I want a metal tank, I can't have the yummy gold Ohlins forks and 998 mill? Boooooooo
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:08:39 AM by Buck Naked » Logged

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »

So ALL S versions are gonna be the plastic tanks? So if I want a metal tank, I can't have the yummy gold Ohlins forks and 996 mill? Boooooooo
Yes you are correct

2007 red S4Rs
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »

So ALL S versions are gonna be the plastic tanks? So if I want a metal tank, I can't have the yummy gold Ohlins forks and 996 mill? Boooooooo

Yes you are correct

Umm ... I'm no expert ... but I am pretty sure you can have the 996 with a metal tank.

You will need the 998, an 'S' and a plastic tank for the Ohlins though methinks.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 11:07:25 AM »

Typo fixed
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:09:08 AM by Buck Naked » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: