Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:28:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327233 times)
Full_Spectrum

« Reply #285 on: November 04, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

Here is their site: http://www.mota-lab.com/

I dealt with Anthony. I think this was somewhere around $250+ shipping.
Like I said, this was a massive improvement from the stock ECU as well as the Termi slip on ECU. I would have paid $500 to get this type of mapping as it makes the bike so much easier to deal with.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »

Microtec added to first post:

Microtec - Aftermarket replacement ECU for several Ducati models.
http://www.microtec.cc/cms/en/motorsport-products/engine-management/m197-ecu
pquinnphd

« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2012, 06:11:20 PM »

I have done the following modifications to my M1100: Leo Vince pipes, Flashed ECU removing O2 sensors, and I just added DucShop velocity stacks w/ K&M filters and a PCv w/ autotune.  My question is whether someone with a similar setup could send me his/her map including AFR table so my autotune will not have to work so hard to get it straight.  Feel free to back channel me if you have a PCv map you are willing to share.
korey

« Reply #288 on: March 28, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »

Figured I would post this here.

I have a 2006 Monster S2R1000. The bike had a Leo Vince slip-on, Spark catless midpipe, and open airbox when I got it. The O2 sensor was removed and it didn't run super great. I had the ECU reflashed to DP Race spec and then the TPS/CO done. It ran pretty well but had some serious idle problems, like I've seen many others encounter. The bike would surge at idle from about 900-1600 RPM up and down, as well as stall a lot. I lived with it for a while until eventually I got sick of it. I have unplugged the stepper motor and capped off the nipples for the hoses, along with backing out the air bleed screws 1 1/4 turns each. The bike now idles perfectly and runs smooth as can be. Cold starts it needs to have the throttle held at around 2000rpm for a minute or two and then it is good. To remedy this, you can put the throttle housing from a 748/996 on and use the fast idle button, if you're too lazy to hold it yourself for a minute. Also, because there is no longer a stepper motor and the ECU is always in open loop a Power Commander for a DS1000 engine will work on the bike. Tada, issues fixed.
Flanny

« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2012, 06:02:40 AM »

great thread - lot's of info.

Can you guys post the shops that are offering ecu re-flash services?  I have an '09 696.  If possible i'd like to work with a shop on the east coast to save shipping time and cost (I'm in Quebec), but am not opposed to sending it out to California or something if the quality/service is better.

Recommendations?  I prefer good service to price BTW...

[EDIT] Doh!  Just saw link for Mota-Lab above.  Any others that you'd recommend?

Thanks again!
HunS4RS

« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »

MotoWheels

great thread - lot's of info.

Can you guys post the shops that are offering ecu re-flash services?  I have an '09 696.  If possible i'd like to work with a shop on the east coast to save shipping time and cost (I'm in Quebec), but am not opposed to sending it out to California or something if the quality/service is better.

Recommendations?  I prefer good service to price BTW...

[EDIT] Doh!  Just saw link for Mota-Lab above.  Any others that you'd recommend?

Thanks again!
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2012, 06:48:46 AM »

Here is another one:
http://houstonsuperbikes.com/i-8554194-ducati-ecu-flash.html
Flanny

« Reply #292 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:40 PM »

Houston Superbikes does not flash the Siemens ECUs, only the Marelli Units.

He recommended the Bazzaz solution here:

http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_genx_img1.tpl&product_id=497&category_id=38&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=181

Since it apparently can overcome the closed-loop limitations by using an 02 eliminator.

So...maybe we don't need the Siemens unit to be reflashed at all, unless we specifically want to bump-up the rev limiter, or to deal with Immobilizer issues.

vw151

« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2012, 07:46:48 PM »

I just read this thread for the first time.  It sure seems like the S2R1k is the problem child in the closed loop ECU discussions.   I have a 2006 S2R1000 and I figured I'd report my findings.  

For quite awhile I had a 1000DS motor, full arrow system and open airbox with K&N drop in filter.  For tuning I ran the RB3 with 02 emulator.  It seemed to work reasonably well but the guys at the shop had issues on the dyno with it as the O2 sensor seemed to cause things to fluxuate.    Well, I had a bit of a timing belt/belt tensioner bearing issue last year.  caused a couple of valves to slap, as far as I'm concerned this is unrelated to the RB3 mapping but you never know, point is, I'm not writing this to place blame, I'm just giving some history.   Oh, original dyno sheet showed 88 whp and around 60ft-lbs in this configuration if I recall correctly, this is on ducati Indy's conservative dyno I think we were seeing 78 whp stock.

None the less, I had the motor rebuilt, new valve guides, and valves, 1080 high comp (93 octane) pistal pistons and a lightened flywheel and velocity stacks.  They put it all back together and went to map it and the RB3/02 set up was giving them fits.  Finally I located someone to do a DP ECU reflash (for less than the listed $450 btw).  They removed the 02 emulator and remapped the bike with the flashed ECU and now it runs fantastic.  

So now I'm to the meat of what I'm saying.   I never knew how much better my bike could run.  It never ran terrible but I just kept it reved up when I was in the twisties because that is where it felt right. And at the track, it was always great, but in retrospect the 02 emulator is not really involved at the track where you are generally WOT and in the revs all the time.   Anyway,  now with the low RPM, low throttle fueling sorted out more nicely the bike is amazing.  where I used to be at 6-7k rpm all the time now I feel like I never need to go above 5k rpm, and it pulls like a freight train, has over 60ft-lbs at the wheel at 3krpm and is so much smoother, I never knew it was wrong before.  I think it is now peaking around 95 whp and 67ft-lbs torque, again on ducati indy's dyno.  None the less, I can say my experience with the 02 emulator set up was less than stellar and I'm thankful that a cheaper alternative to the $1100 DP ECU came about because frankly that is a ludacris price for a non adjustable ECU that essentially unlocks your closed loop system.   If I knew what I know now, a drop in ECU replacement, or an RB3/PC3 + DP ECU would have been the way I went,  The RB3 and 02 emulator seemed like a great solution on paper but at least for the S2R1k it really didn't work correctly, at least the 02 emulator part.  In retrospect I think my bike was running pretty lean on the low end.  

Pretty interesting to read about the other solutions though, FatDuc, or just straight removal of the stepper motor, and the various ECU replacements.   Great thread. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:54:40 PM by vw151 » Logged
Duc796canada

My first Ducati and road bike!

« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »

Looking for a "good" PCV map for a Monster 796, my set up is going to be Leo Vince SBK Carbon slipons, K&N filter. If anyone has a custom map(that they are willing to share) for a similar set, PM me please, thanks.

796 Red Monster(sans ABS)
Viz-Tec Supabrake II
15/41 gearing(AFAM quick change sprocket)
PC V, NEXTUP QS.
2006 Suzuki GSXR 600 track bike(I know...not a Duc...some day)
scooterd145

« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »

Just wanted to post some updates/results from what I have going on...

09 M1100s - DP Cams (degreed), HMF slipons, Modded stock mid pipe (removed flapper, welded holes), DP ECU, Power Commander V, Autotune, DP Air filter, MWR Power Up airbox mod.

My bike already ran GREAT with just the DP ECU/Slipons/DP Air filter but of course I wanted MORE. I added the DP Cams, mid pipe mod and PCV and I was a bit disapointed considering the time/$$ spent. I was running the only downloadable map available @ Dynojet and figured it would be close enough. How wrong I was... After aquiring a WASP map (thanks Ung) I saw some improvement. I then aquired an autotune, removed my stock o2's and installed the DJ wideband ones. I created a new map I simply called "all 10's". I just set the Fuel table at 10 throughout and set the AFR table in an educated guess of below 3.5 KRPM and or less than 40% percent throttle of 14.0 and more than 3.5K RPM and or more than 40% throttle at 13.7. I ran it for a hundred miles or so and accepted the changes and it really began to wake up. I did this again a couple more times over a couple of days and got to iteration 3 and must say I was quite satisfied with the results, more power and BETTER fuel mileage. Iteration 4.0 includes AFR of 13.4 for throttle above 60% in RPMs above 4K. It is pretty dialed in as of now and I really like the snappy -ness. Not a fan however of the airbox SOUND, it is annoying at certain rpm's. I am also running into the rev limiter A LOT more so going to have to re-learn shifting times when WFO.

Just a bit of additional info, I have not had my stock ECU reflashed for open system and the DP ECU is not made for it either so my CEL is on for now but has had no effect on the enging running. I plan to put my stock O2's back on after I am satisified with the map the Autotune is creating for me.

Stormtrooper

2011 Monster 796 ABS

« Reply #296 on: October 27, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »

Just read all 20 pages, sadly not a lot info for the 09+ 696/796/1100 ECUs. From research elsewhere it seems Rexxer (Redline motorsports is USA distributor) is a viable option to tune entire rpm range, remove o2s, flappers, rev limit, etc. Anyone have any direct experience with this on the newer Siemens ECUs??
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #297 on: October 27, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »

Just read all 20 pages, sadly not a lot info for the 09+ 696/796/1100 ECUs. From research elsewhere it seems Rexxer (Redline motorsports is USA distributor) is a viable option to tune entire rpm range, remove o2s, flappers, rev limit, etc. Anyone have any direct experience with this on the newer Siemens ECUs??

This is from their[ReXxer] webiste:

"RexXer "User" using Siemens M3C / Mitsubishi Melco type-ECU

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We wish to inform you that when using the RexXer User with the Siemens ECU M3C for the Ducati models Monster 696/796/1100 + EVO (all versions) and Hypermotard 796/1100 EVO SP (all versions) and the Melco Mitsubishi ECU, as used for the Ducati MTS1200 (all versions) and Diavel (all versions), you cannot read the standard mapping by using the OBD plug, because these types of ECU do not allow this function. The RexXer User reads only a dummy includes the serial number which is stored in the ECU, to get's the access.

However, we can read all standard mappings of the affected models with a special process to be able to provide these files for free when buying a RexXer User to play back if the standard file is needed in the future. This must then be written to the RexXer User and programmed to the ECU after in the same way as a tuning-mapping. Full instructions of this operation are now included in the delivery content of the appropriate models!

Due to this, the RexXer Users cannot be automatically “unlocked” by the customers themselves, as was the case for previous ECU types in the past. If the RexXer user is to be used for a different model, the standard mapping must first be played on to the ECU, as mentioned earlier and then the unit must be sent to the dealer or directly to Daniele Moto International. We will unlock the device free of charge and send it back within 15-20 working days to the customer."

Remember that both, Siemens/Continental and Mitsubishi/Melco ECUs, reset the TPS everytime you put the ignition in the ON position and the AFR is corrected within a certain RPM/MAP where the O2 sensors work in close loop; this is aprox from about 2k~4500 RPM and up to about 70Kpa MAP; so unless you were to find wideband O2 sensor to fit the holes of the OEM ones . . .

You would need to contact either Redline or Technoresearch Inc direclty in order to let them know what mods you have on your bike, where you live in order for them to "write' a map for your bike . .. just remember, once you do this, your ECU can only be read by the ReXxer unit . . . So if  you go on a road trip, you would need to always your ReXxer with you.

And to fine tune it, find a shop with a dyno  Dolph waytogo
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:28:25 PM by Darkmonster620 » Logged

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #298 on: October 27, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=41934.0
If you use the search function in this forum you'll get almost 2 pages of results. The above link is one of the most informative. Myself and Ung were the first to receive this product and helped trouble shoot the initial bugs.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
BazzazInc.

« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2013, 02:32:55 PM »

To any one in the southern California area and have any of the following bikes please get in touch with my self (on this forum or call 909-597-8300 EXT 103) as we would like to get your bike in for R&D work. With lending your bike to Bazzaz you will receive a free Z-FI fuel control unit and custom map built on our newly released Bazzaz Principia dyno!  waytogo The bikes we are lookings for are as follows:

Panigale 2013
998 02-04
hyperstrada 2013
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: