Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:19:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327119 times)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2008, 09:00:23 AM »

Full re-write on Dynojet's Power Commander:

PowerCommander III - There are several options people have taken.  If you want to run stock ECU, Dynojet now lists a PCIII for a 2008 S4R (which is odd...as there are no S4R in 2008) module which does not tune below 5250 RPM and below 19% throttle unless you also have the DP ECU.  Supposedly if you have the DP ECU then you can use the "non race" versions which is fully adjustable...still being verified.  A third option is to use the stock ECU, but disconnect the O2 sensor and use the PC III for designed for a 1000ie or a 06 S4R (part number 717-411)  which has full range of adjustments.  You wil need to pay for a custom map and the "check engine" light will stay on constantly. Dynotuners are widely available.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 09:05:45 AM by CDawg » Logged
skxf430

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2008, 12:54:37 PM »

CDawg,

Any luck with speaking with Fred at Silverback Performance about the U59 ECU?  It appears they have figured out the O2 sensor for the stepper motor but no one on the board has installed one yet.  We need a guinea pig.   Evil
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 07:10:30 AM »

CDawg,

Any luck with speaking with Fred at Silverback Performance about the U59 ECU?  It appears they have figured out the O2 sensor for the stepper motor but no one on the board has installed one yet.  We need a guinea pig.   Evil

I haven't placed a second call yet.  I'm out of the office this afternoon and will try to call both Silverback (3rd Gen Ultimap) and DynoJet (PCIII for DPECU) tomorrow and report back.
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 09:04:43 AM »

This may be of some interest to you guys.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=49891

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2008, 08:28:38 AM »

I haven't placed a second call yet.  I'm out of the office this afternoon and will try to call both Silverback (3rd Gen Ultimap) and DynoJet (PCIII for DPECU) tomorrow and report back.

Dynojet and DP ECU: Same hardware, just a different map.  My guess is the map for stock ECU is zeroed out for RPM <5250 and <19% throttle. 
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2008, 12:13:32 PM »

Spoke to Fred today. 
First off:  What a nice and patient man! waytogo Here's his feedback: 

FIM Ultimap G3...product is shipping, but he has yet to install one on a Monster.  The ECU is tricky to tune.  Since he hasn't developed a base map on it, he is hesitant to just ship me an ECU and hope I can get it tuned.  ECU price does not come with tuning software or cable connector

Nemesis: Works great on the 1098, but he had invested 5 days last winter to develop a base map for cold start.  His cold start map is now incorporated into the default Nemesis map.  Nemesis has benn saying that a Monster version is just weeks away for a few month now.  He is real thrilled with the Nemesis on the 1098.  Expensive at $1400 (but come with cable and software)

Rapidbike: Nice looking product but huge lack of support issues

PCIII: His suggestion for just exhaust and airbox mod is to just unplug the O2 sensor and use PCIII to tune.  This may mean with living with "Check Engine" light.

DP ECU: He is real down on DP ECU.  Mentioned that the DP ECU has the same part number for multiple bike models and there is no way that one map works for all those different bikes.
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »

PCIII: His suggestion for just exhaust and airbox mod is to just unplug the O2 sensor and use PCIII to tune.  This may mean with living with "Check Engine" light.

I am still very confused by this suggestion. From everything I've heard in the past, even with the O2 unplugged this will not work. BCM tried to make a PCIII work in this way and was unsuccessful.

There is an S2R1K for sale in the classified section and the owner states he has a PCIII installed. I suggested this option on TOB and was told it wouldn't work.

So whats the real story? Anyone have any first hand experience with a PCIII installed on an S2R1K with the stock ecu and the O2 unplugged?

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2008, 05:21:22 PM »

Dynojet and DP ECU: Same hardware, just a different map.  My guess is the map for stock ECU is zeroed out for RPM <5250 and <19% throttle. 

From what I understand there is some different ignition timing on the DP ecu as well.

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »

I am still very confused by this suggestion. From everything I've heard in the past, even with the O2 unplugged this will not work. BCM tried to make a PCIII work in this way and was unsuccessful.

There is an S2R1K for sale in the classified section and the owner states he has a PCIII installed. I suggested this option on TOB and was told it wouldn't work.

So whats the real story? Anyone have any first hand experience with a PCIII installed on an S2R1K with the stock ecu and the O2 unplugged?

I've heard the exact same story. Though a member on this forum (hypurone) heard otherwise and I'd like to know where he got his info from. Also, i found this quote by desmoworks on ducati.ms

If you remove the O2 sensor your check engine light will illuminate on the dash. I'm not sure how the air/fuel curve will change without it as I've never done it on a 695, but maybe the base map will be better. I'd suggest getting an O2 emulator or eliminator so your ECU doesn't think there is a failure associated with the O2 sensor.

The Rapid Bike O2 emulator will allow you slight adjustment in broad ranges which may come in handy!

GPR offers an O2 eliminator that will completely kill the the activity of the O2 sensor, but offers no adjustability at all.

With either you can then use a Rapid Bike or Power Commander module as the system will no longer be functioning in closed loop mode.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 07:49:22 PM by He Man » Logged

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
flsurfdog

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2008, 07:40:35 AM »

DucShop did it on my 06....I think i already wrote it up somewhere on this thread.....did it a few times on TOB

06 s2r1000, Apex Clip-ons, Lowered headlight and gauges, HID high/low, Wasen Design front signals, reflectors removed, Mag Performance clutch cover, Rizoma star pressure plate, open airbox, Spark midpipe, Leo Ti slip-on, tail chop and frame plug blinkers
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2008, 08:35:30 PM »

DucShop did it on my 06....I think i already wrote it up somewhere on this thread.....did it a few times on TOB

Ok, so is there some sort of trick involved to make it work or is it just plug and play like on the non closed loop bikes?

Obviously there will need to be a custom map but otherwise....?

Also, if it's as simple as just removing the O2 then why doesn't DynoJet offer a PCIII (the race version) for the S2R1K?

In addition, why doesn't Desmoworks offer the GPR O2 eliminator for sale on their website?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:39:48 PM by Monstermash » Logged

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2008, 10:38:02 AM »

Did some thread searching. this is Flursdog post

I did it.....well I had it done at DucShop here in atlanta if yall remember from the old board.   Long and short is yes you use the PCIII for the DS1000 (it plugs straight in as it will with several monsters).  Then you disconnect the O2 sensor and finally plug the vacuum hoses.  (I think this means you're unplugging the stepper motor or something but i don't know exactly, but really all you do is plug those hoses) and then you tune it.

This kept the ECU from adjusting the map allowing the PCIII to do it's job.  It runs perfectly but the trade off is that it idles like crap when cold. Mark at the Ducshop ended up putting a fast idle switch on my handle bar, which i used to get the bike nice and warmed up.

I'd say the bike ran like ass until it got around 140-150 F, then ok up to 180-190, then amazing above that.  So if you ride short rides to work every day and it's chilly then it probably isn't that great....but if you got a long commute or are only riding on weekends it's a pretty good option.

I guess this post really belongs in the accessories and mods stickey, but i'm just answering the question

Located here...http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=1601.msg27148#msg27148

And regarding the RB3 unit, I'm gonna call up ECS since they were doing tuning Ducatis and RB3s for a bit. See what details i can get from them. I keep going back to the old posts on this thread and all i can get from moto4us is  Grin laughingdp Vino! @ any problems of the RB unit, and we still dont know the true story on whats going on with it.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2008, 05:43:42 AM »

Update on Nemesis:

Competition Systems' Nemesis - Aftermarket replacement ECU for the 749/999/1098. Application for other Ducati's in the works.  Application for S4RS(T) is second in line for development (Hypermotard is ucrrently being developed--ready around October 2008).  S4RS application tentatively scheduled for Nov'2008.
supertjeduc

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »

My dealer (Den Biggelaar in the Netherlands) says on his site that he can rewrite any Ducati ECU from 2003 and up
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10:33 AM »

Update on Nemesis:

Competition Systems' Nemesis - Aftermarket replacement ECU for the 749/999/1098. Application for other Ducati's in the works.  Application for S4RS(T) is second in line for development (Hypermotard is ucrrently being developed--ready around October 2008).  S4RS application tentatively scheduled for Nov'2008.

Its cool that its as adjustable as an RB3 module, and entirely replaces the ECU. But it doenst make it any more cost effective than a DP unit. Though for race applications its great.

My dealer (Den Biggelaar in the Netherlands) says on his site that he can rewrite any Ducati ECU from 2003 and up

Id tell him to put his money where his mouth is and produce an adjustable S2R1k ECU without an O2 sensor.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: