Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:50:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327124 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2008, 09:55:38 PM »

if you have a PCIII working, you can just fiddle with the PCIII when you install the exbox.

You cant ever say that a map will work for a certain setup until you do it. It may run great, it may not. Either way, if you have  PCIII working with out issues, you should be able to get a dyno tune if your termi map doesnt run right with the exbox.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
muskrat

« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »

if you have a PCIII working, you can just fiddle with the PCIII when you install the exbox.

You cant ever say that a map will work for a certain setup until you do it. It may run great, it may not. Either way, if you have  PCIII working with out issues, you should be able to get a dyno tune if your termi map doesnt run right with the exbox.

it's definately working with no hiccups, backfires and the power band has increased.  I just hate to spend the money to find out it doesn't work and sell at a huge discount.  Have others tried this setup?
Thanks again.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2008, 04:09:29 AM »

You didn't say if the bike is an 800 0r 1000.  If the bike is an 800 it is not closed loop.  If it is a 1000, it is closed loop, or, at least it was when it came out of the factory.  Since it has been modified we need to know what was done.  I would suggest contacting the previous owner or the shop that did the work.  Either way, you are changing from low restriction exhaust to low restriction exhaust, there shouldn't be a problem.  If there is a problem and the bike is open loop, a remap of the PCIII will compensate.  If the bike is closed loop and you have a problem, go open loop and remap. 
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2008, 06:51:44 AM »

Muskrat,
The Quad-D ExBox is one of the few (only?) exhaust system that seems to work real well with Monsters.  I have in on my S4RS and did not need to fiddle with the ECU (assuming you kept the airbox closed).  My strong guess if the ExBox will be fine with your bike regardless of (1) Stock ECU w/ closed airbox or (2) DPECU W/ PCIII W/ opened airbox).  Lastly, since you already have the PCIII tuned to the Termi's, you may want to invest the ~$250 in remapping the PCIII to the ExBox for optimal performance.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:39 AM »

update on RB3- its in a ziplock bag back from Foster Group.

Went down on the bike and i cant walk around a garage to risk reinfecting my wound since its so dirty in there, so no joy until next week. From what Mr.Foster said, the unit was badly programmed from being in too many hands and they are trying to weed out some of the tuners (their words). So it was formated reprogrammed with updated firmware and new maps loaded.

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Capo

You Are What You Is

« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2008, 12:58:25 AM »

update on RB3- its in a ziplock bag back from Foster Group.

From what Mr.Foster said, the unit was badly programmed from being in too many hands and they are trying to weed out some of the tuners (their words).

Does that include yours (hands that is)  Grin

Capo de tuti capi
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »

Does that include yours (hands that is)  Grin

i wish, that would mean i have access to the Rapid Bike Pro Manager software. Sad

muskrat

« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2008, 06:19:53 PM »

Muskrat,
The Quad-D ExBox is one of the few (only?) exhaust system that seems to work real well with Monsters.  I have in on my S4RS and did not need to fiddle with the ECU (assuming you kept the airbox closed).  My strong guess if the ExBox will be fine with your bike regardless of (1) Stock ECU w/ closed airbox or (2) DPECU W/ PCIII W/ opened airbox).  Lastly, since you already have the PCIII tuned to the Termi's, you may want to invest the ~$250 in remapping the PCIII to the ExBox for optimal performance.

Thanks.  Do you by any chance have a sound clip and/or pictures I could see?  The motowheels website doesn't do it justice in my opinion, or so I'm told.
You can reach me at daxrizo@tx.rr.com

Thanks again.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »

Thanks.  Do you by any chance have a sound clip and/or pictures I could see?  The motowheels website doesn't do it justice in my opinion, or so I'm told.

Thanks again.

PMed to /threadjack.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2008, 07:03:34 AM »

Nemesis updated!  Product shipping for Monsters!

Competition Systems' Nemesis - Aftermarket replacement ECU for the 749/999/1098/S4RS/Hypermotard. Allows you to switch instrument cluster and adjust just about everything the ECU controls. Here's the pdf http://www.mmcompsys.com/download_zone/4_fuel_parts/Nemesis%202%20installation%20notes_01.pdf
http://www.mmcompsys.com/motorsportsengine.html
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #160 on: November 21, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »

Thanks again.
i may have missed it, but you still havent said if its the s2r800 or the 1000...
anyhow, heres a pic for yah waytogo

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
long haired lout

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2008, 01:05:45 AM »

Power Commander + FatDuc + S4RT

Power Commander does not allow adjustments below a certain RPM and throttle opening because of the closed loop EFI.

FatDuc supplies a constant signal to the ECU overriding the closed loop function of the EFI system.

Therefore the Power Commander can now be used to adjust the closed loop part of the EFI as the FatDuc is supplying a constant signal to the ECU.

Is my thinking correct?

If not, I am ordering a Nemesis 2 tomorrow and I have a brand new never taken out of the box Power Commander for sale.

S4R/T 2007 >
900SL 1995 > 2007
Paso 750 (I do my best to forget this one)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2008, 06:44:06 AM »

Power Commander + FatDuc + S4RT
Is my thinking correct?

Yes, that set-up should work in theory.  You will be able to dyno tune the open-loop end via PCIII.  The FatDuc should give you a rough adjustment for the close-loop portion.  If you go down this route, let us know how it works out.  Of course if you go the Nemesis route, we would be keen to learn how that works as well!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:48:44 AM by CDawg » Logged
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2008, 08:51:18 AM »

the PCIII for S4RT is completely RPM Dependent right?

Someone correct me if im wrong but the O2 sensor is capped at a certain RPM, but it is TPS dependent. aka if you are at 1300rpm and WOT it, it automatically goes to open loop.

So you might have difficulty building a smooth map if your running ECU map until your engine hits a certain RPM before the PCIII can take over.

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #164 on: November 24, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »

Someone correct me if im wrong but the O2 sensor is capped at a certain RPM, but it is TPS dependent. aka if you are at 1300rpm and WOT it, it automatically goes to open loop.

So you might have difficulty building a smooth map if your running ECU map until your engine hits a certain RPM before the PCIII can take over.

The PCIII reads both RPM and TPS.  It may not be silky smooth or dialed in like a laser, but far cheaper than a completely new ECU + programming time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: