Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:00:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327115 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2008, 02:05:41 PM »

I ment the zone in which the PCIII works in is solely based on RPMs not TPS.

Aka, you could be at 1% or 100%, as long as you are over 5000rpm the PCIII will be available.(5000rpm is an arbitrary number)
 However if the O2 Sensor goes straight to open loop mode at 100%TPS but you are still at 3,000RPM you'll be stuck with the Monster ECU map until you hit 5,000RPM. which if you aren't spending all day at the upper RPM range, it might just be bothersome since the bike doesn't transition well into that zone.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »

UPDATE:

Monster mash! REFLASHING OF ECU!

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=15502.0

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 09:46:49 PM by He Man » Logged

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
long haired lout

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2008, 01:53:53 AM »

From reading the information on the Power Commander website my understanding is that the only reason that the PC cannot adjust the closed loop section is that the standard ECU will always adjust the air/fuel mixture back to its pre-set value so cancelling any adjustments made by the PC.

However with the FatDuc supplying a constant reading to the ECU, this would then allow the PC to make adjustments to this closed loop section without the ECU reverting to its pre-set values. I my understanding that the PC allows you to make adjustments to this closed loop section, as when you fit a DP ECU you can adjust the complete rev range.

Got busy at work today and forgot to order the Nemesis, gives me one more day to contemplate.

S4R/T 2007 >
900SL 1995 > 2007
Paso 750 (I do my best to forget this one)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2008, 07:12:05 AM »

New produce added to 1st post:

Reflashing stock ECU to DP ECU - Monstermash offering reflashing of all Ducati stock ECU's to DP ECU specs. It includes immobilizer disable, O2 sensor disable, raises the rev limit (at customer's request) and optimizing of the fuel/ignition map including a one time custom tune to your specific bike. After the ECU has been installed and the T.P. and the C.O. have been set, have the bike dynoed and send the ECU back with a copy of the dyno sheet and we'll reprogram it to match your exhaust and any other mods you have made to the bike for just the cost of the return shipping!  The cost of the reflash is $550.00 and includes return shipping. 'Mash have successfully beta tested it on his bike. Looking for more  rider experience/feedback.
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=15502.0

Moronic

07 S4Rs

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »

I submitted an inquiry to Dynojet asking them to confirm how their PCIII for the S4RT/s works and got this from their top tech support man, Dustin Schaller:

"The stock ECU only controls the fuel curve in the closed loop area which is 19% and under and 5250rpm and under.  Above these parameters the PCIII is able to adjust your fuel curve without the ECU interfering.  Both of these thresholds need to be met before it goes out of closed loop."

A follow-up inquiry seeking permission to post that here drew this response:

"You can post this info if you like.

"The bike will run at the stock 14.7:1 in the closed loop area which will give you good fuel economy but not the best performance.  If you should have any running issues in the closed loop area you will not be able to make any adjustments with the PCIII unless you have the DP ECU or we find a way around the O2 sensor.  Also don’t believe others that state they have a product that bypasses the O2 area.  We have tested them all and they don’t work!"

Now, I'm not sure that last comment was intended to apply to the FatDuc device as this came in a few weeks ago when I think that was pretty fresh on the scene.

I've emphasised a couple of bits I found of particular interest.

I've still got an interest in maybe running the PCIII with stock ECU as I need the best fuel range I can get, and don't run much around town. Not sure how the closed-open loop transition would affect throttle response with the PCIII but after all the stock bike has such a transition, and I imagine the PCIII could be tuned to make this as smooth as desired. Dynojet's website offers a map for the stock bike.

jborders5

« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2008, 05:04:16 PM »

I submitted an inquiry to Dynojet asking them to confirm how their PCIII for the S4RT/s works and got this from their top tech support man, Dustin Schaller:

"The stock ECU only controls the fuel curve in the closed loop area which is 19% and under and 5250rpm and under.  Above these parameters the PCIII is able to adjust your fuel curve without the ECU interfering.  Both of these thresholds need to be met before it goes out of closed loop."

A follow-up inquiry seeking permission to post that here drew this response:

"You can post this info if you like.

"The bike will run at the stock 14.7:1 in the closed loop area which will give you good fuel economy but not the best performance.  If you should have any running issues in the closed loop area you will not be able to make any adjustments with the PCIII unless you have the DP ECU or we find a way around the O2 sensor.  Also don’t believe others that state they have a product that bypasses the O2 area.  We have tested them all and they don’t work!"

Now, I'm not sure that last comment was intended to apply to the FatDuc device as this came in a few weeks ago when I think that was pretty fresh on the scene.

I've emphasised a couple of bits I found of particular interest.

I've still got an interest in maybe running the PCIII with stock ECU as I need the best fuel range I can get, and don't run much around town. Not sure how the closed-open loop transition would affect throttle response with the PCIII but after all the stock bike has such a transition, and I imagine the PCIII could be tuned to make this as smooth as desired. Dynojet's website offers a map for the stock bike.

This DOES apply to Fat Duc O2 Manipulators.  Dynojet was sent one by a well known tuner with hopes that it would eliminate the sensor.  O2 Manipulators do not eliminate the O2 sensor or supply a constant signal to the ECU.  They're installed inline with the factory O2 sensor and alter the signal to make the ECU believe the bike is running leaner than it actually is.  It still allows the O2 sensor to oscillate between rich and lean, but the overall mixture is richer than the stock closed map.  O2 Manipulators work, but you will not be able to add a PCIII or other device and fine tune the closed loop portion of the map (only open).

Jason Borders
Performance Boulevard, LLC
www.fatduc.com
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:06:43 PM by jborders5 » Logged
long haired lout

« Reply #171 on: December 12, 2008, 03:10:19 AM »

This DOES apply to Fat Duc O2 Manipulators.  Dynojet was sent one by a well known tuner with hopes that it would eliminate the sensor.  O2 Manipulators do not eliminate the O2 sensor or supply a constant signal to the ECU.  They're installed inline with the factory O2 sensor and alter the signal to make the ECU believe the bike is running leaner than it actually is.  It still allows the O2 sensor to oscillate between rich and lean, but the overall mixture is richer than the stock closed map.  O2 Manipulators work, but you will not be able to add a PCIII or other device and fine tune the closed loop portion of the map (only open)

Thanks for clearing that up. Have ordered a Nemesis, hope to have it in about a week. waytogo

S4R/T 2007 >
900SL 1995 > 2007
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #172 on: December 12, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »

LHL,
Pls keep us posted on the nemesis!!!  Thx.
Keld

« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »

Have ordered a Nemesis,  waytogo
I ordered one yesterday. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive. Also waiting for better weather (snow outside). Cry

Will be back with update when I can. The sad thing is that spring is far away, so maybe a dynochart in a month, but riding it will have to wait at least 3 months.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »

updates?

long haired lout

« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2008, 01:40:41 AM »

One week has a different meaning to some. bang head

Called them Thursday - no answer, called Friday - no answer. Called today, sorry we were very busy last week, has not come in as yet, should be here tomorrow. It's going to be hard to find someone to tune it over the Christmas/New year period though! Sad

S4R/T 2007 >
900SL 1995 > 2007
wengr

« Reply #176 on: January 16, 2009, 12:35:34 PM »

Nemesis updated!  Product shipping for Monsters!

Competition Systems' Nemesis - Aftermarket replacement ECU for the 749/999/1098/S4RS/Hypermotard. Allows you to switch instrument cluster and adjust just about everything the ECU controls. Here's the pdf http://www.mmcompsys.com/download_zone/4_fuel_parts/Nemesis%202%20installation%20notes_01.pdf
http://www.mmcompsys.com/motorsportsengine.html
still no nemesis for 06 s2r1000? am I reading this right?
Keld

« Reply #177 on: January 17, 2009, 08:34:01 AM »

Got my Nemesis installed today, preliminary  numbers says: before 107hp now 130hp Grin Grin Grin
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #178 on: January 17, 2009, 08:36:43 AM »

Got my Nemesis installed today, preliminary  numbers says: before 107hp now 130hp Grin Grin Grin

Wow! You serious! Shocked
Keld

« Reply #179 on: January 17, 2009, 09:00:03 AM »

Me serious? Yes !

Ill be back with more info when I have it. My "dyno man" called me to today for a quick uppdate; he was almost as happy as me.  Grin

BTW This should be posted somewhere else. This is not a "Closed loop ECU mod" its a "Closed loop ECU elimination".
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:17:09 AM by Keld » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: