Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:40:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327138 times)
Raux
« Reply #255 on: January 31, 2010, 12:54:12 PM »

closed loop theory question...

basically the ecu is looking for a set value from the O2 sensor. why are the aftermarket addons NOT doing this or are they? apparently the two brothers juice box only plugs into the fuel injectors. ok this adds fuel but then the ecu's compensate due ot the rich condition and then overcorrect... wouldn't it be easier to intercept the signal tell the ecu it has the perfect signal and let the addon decide how much fuel... or is this what the dynojet autotune is doing?

my head hurts  bang head
Raux
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »

there are a few fuelers out there, but the PC V is not out as far as i know.

by the way they expect to be out this spring.
yotogi

« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:21 AM »

closed loop theory question...

basically the ecu is looking for a set value from the O2 sensor. why are the aftermarket addons NOT doing this or are they? apparently the two brothers juice box only plugs into the fuel injectors. ok this adds fuel but then the ecu's compensate due ot the rich condition and then overcorrect... wouldn't it be easier to intercept the signal tell the ecu it has the perfect signal and let the addon decide how much fuel... or is this what the dynojet autotune is doing?

my head hurts  bang head

This was hella helpful as it covers open and closed loop as well as the adaptation table.

http://www.bikeboy.org/open_closed_loop_efi.html

You could emulate the lambda sensor sending a neutral reading, but my guess is that since the lambda is an on-off kind of thing (again read the link above) that wouldn't really work by itself. Instead what you can do is modify the signal (FatDuc) to make the bike richen or lean the mixture based on the modified lambda. I don't know how the autotune works, but my guess is that they are modifying an adaptation table like the stock ECU based on sensor readings. If you don't disable the stock ECU's closed loop operation, they will fight with one another continually counter adjusting each other.

In order to completely tune though, you still have to eliminate the lambda altogether and clear the adaptation table. DP ECU or DP flash will solve that. Considering how inexpensive the reflash option is right now, I am not sure how much more work we will see on the workaround front.

Raux
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2010, 07:59:07 AM »

got an email from Dynojet, they are compensating for the new closed loop systems of the Siemens in their new systems with a new feature. NICE can't wait.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2010, 03:50:03 AM »

got an email from Dynojet, they are compensating for the new closed loop systems of the Siemens in their new systems with a new feature. NICE can't wait.

I hope they crack the nut, but I don't see how that's possible without an O2 emulator...RapidBike tried, but wasn't too successful.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2010, 04:19:52 PM »

The interest to fine tune one's ECU (post-exhaust and/or airbox mod) is extremely high and there are numerous posts.

Techlusion TFI Fuel Injection Module - Suppose to work for all Ducati modes by adding fuel across the board in 3 RPM zones. Need user feedback.
http://www.dobeckperformance.com/default.asp

Here's my feedback, have a 2005 M620 Dark with hi mount Termis and open top airbox.

Always was having issues with popping when "air was cold" or descelerating after a mid lenght trip.

Couldn't find a DP ECU for my Monster, even though the accesories catalog shows one with the exhaust kit...

PC3 for me was/is overkill, anything else, had to keep the bike moving, so after a talk with the pillow, put an order to Desmo Times and got my TFI controller; by mistake while installing, I "messed up", got online asked for Dobeck's help, got it, fix it, running great...at least up to where I've gotten it...brake and suspension issues have kept me sidelined for a while, but, it's simple install, and out of the box it worked marvels for my baby Monster....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Link

« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »

That's good news, any idea when the new PC will be out ?
Raux
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2010, 08:10:34 PM »

i was told before may
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »

i spoke to ECS a local shop, they said that a PC3 ill work fine with the S2R1000.
i know some people here have done it, and i think the result is you loose your stepper more idle capability. havnet gotten to talk to them about it yet. but im wondering if theres any more knowledge here on it

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Raux
« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2010, 08:10:45 AM »

Heard from CA-Cycleworks that the PC V for the 696 is out.
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »

I copied this from another board.

"I got the PC5 a couple of weeks ago for my 696. Dyno Jet also sends things they call Optimizers to install with it. What they do is cause the computer to think its running leaner than it is so it bumps up the fuel a tad to help with the lean pop from 5500 RPM's on down. Also in that RPM range it can not be mapped due to the new style computer (ECU) used in the new generation Monsters so the popping that is left seems to be what we have to deal with at this point. Now that I have ridden my bike a few times I'm going to have mine mapped again to see if my map has changed at all due to this new ECU being a learning type of computer. Doing this I can let my customers know in the future what can be expected from running the PC5 on their Monsters. "

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2010, 04:48:36 AM »

Sounds like the FatDuc + PCIII.
Shame, since it seems like there is no way to break the closed loop with ECU replacement/flashing.
Link

« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »

I copied this from another board.

"I got the PC5 a couple of weeks ago for my 696. Dyno Jet also sends things they call Optimizers to install with it. What they do is cause the computer to think its running leaner than it is so it bumps up the fuel a tad to help with the lean pop from 5500 RPM's on down. Also in that RPM range it can not be mapped due to the new style computer (ECU) used in the new generation Monsters so the popping that is left seems to be what we have to deal with at this point. Now that I have ridden my bike a few times I'm going to have mine mapped again to see if my map has changed at all due to this new ECU being a learning type of computer. Doing this I can let my customers know in the future what can be expected from running the PC5 on their Monsters. "

Can you tell me what board this was from, it sounds like the guy has a shop and is working on the PCV & 696 I would like to contact him to see if he's got it sorted out.
 Thanks
DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2010, 11:02:21 AM »

Can you tell me what board this was from, it sounds like the guy has a shop and is working on the PCV & 696 I would like to contact him to see if he's got it sorted out.
 Thanks
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=86736
Doesn't really sound like a total fueling solution. I have to agree with CDawg.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
Link

« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2010, 05:03:25 AM »

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=86736
Doesn't really sound like a total fueling solution. I have to agree with CDawg.

What a drag, I'm new to Ducs but from what I read I thought the fat duc & PC3 allowed re-mapping on the bikes with out the seimens ecu. I thought this closed loop on the 696/1100 seimens was the only ecu that could not be re-mapped or allow a piggy back device like a PC, teka or Bazzaz to re-map the fueling. Any of you guys out there with something other than a 696/1100 should check out the Bazzaz stuff the guy has started work on Ducs & he makes some trick stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: