Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:44:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL: Closed Loop ECU mods  (Read 327237 times)
dukepilot

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 09:48:20 AM »

Hey all,

I've recently installed full Arrow Titaniums, K&N filter, and an RB3 with the O2 emulator (2006 S2R1000) and am having some problems.  Overall it seems to be running lean (popping on decel) and runs fairly rough below 4k rpms.  It also stumbles badly at around 7k while under WOT.  If I rev the bike more slowly it does not stumble.  I've tried various troubleshooting methods, new plugs, baffles in/out, airbox cover on/off, but to no avail.  Anyone else experience this problem?  Any ideas on what the issue may be?

Thanks,

Inka

Inka, sounds like you may need some dyno time and some fuel map tweaks.  Where did you get you fuel/ignition map?  You might want to contact Al at moto4us for assistance.  He was very helpful to me in getting the RB3 working on my Hypermotard.  I'm very happy with the results from the RB3.
appeltjuh

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2008, 11:42:16 AM »

Hey all,

I've recently installed full Arrow Titaniums, K&N filter, and an RB3 with the O2 emulator (2006 S2R1000) and am having some problems.  Overall it seems to be running lean (popping on decel) and runs fairly rough below 4k rpms.  It also stumbles badly at around 7k while under WOT.  If I rev the bike more slowly it does not stumble.  I've tried various troubleshooting methods, new plugs, baffles in/out, airbox cover on/off, but to no avail.  Anyone else experience this problem?  Any ideas on what the issue may be?

Thanks,

Inka
Same problem over here (but i think i had a better fuel map so it ran very well below 4k rpms.) 07 S2R1000
When i rev the bike full it dies at 6500rpm (feels like the rev limiter kicks in) and then continous reving further like it should.
If i rev the bike slowly no problem.
Accept in 6th gear then it doesn't matter if i rev hard or slowly, and then it also stumbles further in the higher revs after 6500rpms.
Not very nice if the bike is starting to stumble at those speeds  Angry

Went on dyno but they could not get the RB3 to work to change the ignition, adding fuel did not solve the problem.
So we tried RB2 ,cause someone had the same problem with his S4RS and the RB2 with O2emulator worked fine for him.
But didn't do the trick for me.
Then we put on RB1 without O2emulator (O2sensor plugged in) and changed the fuelmap where the O2sensor doesn't do his job. Runs very well now but having a lot of loud popping at decel.So i think that is not the way to go either.Don't know what to do next,think i go back to stock and just wait and see if someone knows a fix and i can put back on the RB3 with O2emulator.

Edit: The engine's oil temp runs about 15-20 °C cooler now.

Appeltjuh
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 11:53:27 AM by appeltjuh » Logged
inka

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2008, 03:50:39 AM »

Thanks guys for the responses.  I have been in contact with Al from the beginning and although he has been extremely helpful throughout the whole process, he's a bit stumped at this point too.  I spoke with the U.S. distributer yesterday and he suggested that I may have an older version of the software on the module.  I will have to check this evening and see.  He also said that there are new maps available.  Hopefully those fixes will cure the ills, but if it doesn't I may have to dismantle the whole thing, go back to stock, and start over.

Inka

2006 S2R1000, Full 50mm Arrow Titanium Exhaust, Rizoma mirrors, 14T sprocket, K&N filter, Rapidbike3, DP gel seat
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 12:17:29 AM »

I don't own a s2r1000 but did read the old ECU mod thread at TOB.

is the DP ECU for a m1000s useful to owners of this bike? I think I remembert it was.

(DP part no is 96513303b)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 05:07:52 AM »

I don't own a s2r1000 but did read the old ECU mod thread at TOB.
is the DP ECU for a m1000s useful to owners of this bike? I think I remembert it was.
(DP part no is 96513303b)

I believe yes, but then the original poster couple it with a PCIII to tune it.  If memory serves, the poster was pleased, but it was not perfect like the proper DP ECU but a few $$$ cheaper.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »

For what it is worth, Competition Systems (UK) is developing their next version of the Nemesis which should work with all late model Ducati, including the S4RS.  This is an ECU replacement unit, not a piggy back unit.  They are currently in hardware development phase and have a soft target of 8 weeks before the dealers have it...but we all know how new product launches are...They offer a product for the 1098, so I am optimistic that they can crack the ECU codes of the S4RS.

The price tag for their 1098 model is ~GBP600-700 which is about the price of a DP ECU

I'm going to remain stock ECU for this season (cost, warranty, etc...), but I wonder if the Nemesis will allow me to use any aftermarket instrument cluster???
inka

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 05:11:46 PM »

UPDATE:

Sent back my RB 3 unit to Al and he updated the software.  Apparently there was a fix to specifically address the stumbling in the 7k rpm range.  I got it back and have a couple of rides on it, and low and behold, the problem is gone.  It runs much smoother and seems to have quite a bit more power in the higher rpm ranges.  I'll need to do some more riding before I decide if any more tweaking is necessary, but so far, so good.

2006 S2R1000, Full 50mm Arrow Titanium Exhaust, Rizoma mirrors, 14T sprocket, K&N filter, Rapidbike3, DP gel seat
tricolore

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »

I have to say that most of the stuff relating to this thread goes over my head, but from an inexperienced view it appears thet DP have a strangle hold on the systems of the late model engines. It obvoiusly takes some time for the privateers to hack into the system and produce consistent results. As it may still be some time away I think I will go with the Termi Kit.
There has been very little complaint from the people who have the DP System.

'08 S4RS Tri, '02 VOR En450, MV Agusta F4 Tracky, Ducati 900 Darmah.
skxf430

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »

I understand FIM has the FIM U59 ECU which is a direct replacment ECU.  Silverback Performance is a US dealer and have done some testing.

Here is their website    http://www.silverbackperformance.net/

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 05:02:42 AM »

I understand FIM has the FIM U59 ECU which is a direct replacment ECU.  Silverback Performance is a US dealer and have done some testing.

True, but they don't have application for the S4RS...been waiting forever.  Also, do note that FIM does not work with the stepper motor.  Nemesis is rumored to be coming out with something for the S4RS and the S2R1K in ~ 8 weeks.  The problem with their product is that the starter button becomes conventional (i.e., you keep it pressed until it starts, unlike the stock/DP ECU where a quick press and release begins a start-up algorithim)
skxf430

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 09:40:15 AM »

CDawg,

give Fred at Silverback a call or email him at fred@silverbackperformance.net, he wrote to my buddy and said they had it working for a '07 S4R.  They were just finishing up some of the custom maps.  I think the price was around $800 to $900 for it.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 10:55:09 AM »

give Fred at Silverback a call or email him at fred@silverbackperformance.net, he wrote to my buddy and said they had it working for a '07 S4R.  They were just finishing up some of the custom maps.  I think the price was around $800 to $900 for it.

Thanks!  I've got a call in.  Fred's on vacation and will get back to me next week.  Thanks for the lead!
dlowenst

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »

Thanks!  I've got a call in.  Fred's on vacation and will get back to me next week.  Thanks for the lead!

When you speak with them, can you also ask whether they have any solutions for the S2R1K and, if so, relay some of the details? Thanks!

Dave in DC: 67 Jaguar E-Type OTS S1/71 Ford F-100 Styleside/79 Triumph T140E Bonneville/15 BMW R1200GS/13 KTM 300 XC-W/04 Yamaha TT-R250/04 & 05 Honda CRF 250X/Keeping parts guys in business nationwide
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »

When you speak with them, can you also ask whether they have any solutions for the S2R1K and, if so, relay some of the details? Thanks!

Will do.  So far they have impressed on me that it is a very powerful tool, but few dealers know how to use it properly.  It has apparently 3 main files: (1) A/F map, (2) Cold enrichment file, and (3) ignition timing file plus others.
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2008, 05:42:34 AM »

Will do.  So far they have impressed on me that it is a very powerful tool, but few dealers know how to use it properly.  It has apparently 3 main files: (1) A/F map, (2) Cold enrichment file, and (3) ignition timing file plus others.

Never heard back from Fred @ Silverback Performance
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: