Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 04:53:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fair price?  (Read 4392 times)
Grendel

« on: October 17, 2013, 02:53:02 AM »

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place of if there's another thread already, but just wanted to know ppl's opinions on the pricing of this bike:

http://www.bikesales.com.au/dealer/details/ducati-monster-s4r-2007-15859720?R=15859720&__sid=13EBD8CD2E4C&__Qpb=1&Cr=0&__Ns=p_IsPoa_Int32|0||p_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1||p_PriceSort_Decimal|1&keywords=&__N=1432%20604%201430%201429%201626%201428%204294967242%2078&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=12&silo=1400

It could belong to someone on dmf, so no need to get personal, but I think even with all the carbon and termis it's still at least $1K too much.

I'm going to take a look if I can.
Sabre Brian

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:17 AM »

I own an 08 model which had 15k on the clock when I got it.  Has plenty of carbon (maybe not quite as much)

I paid $12,500, and that was last year. 

At the same time, there was an 06 model for sale for $14,500 that had 3000 on the clock.

I think his price is more than 1k off the mark, but that's just my opinion.
Two dogs
S2R1000 gives me a warm feeling in my

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »

Grendel it looks nice but......... as the vendor is dealer the price is always going to be inflated to cover their
costs and profit .
As it most likely a trade in which they would of paid somewhere between $9-$12 k for.
Depends how long they have had it in stock as to the openness to offers.
The warranty offered on a used vehicle is IMO does not do justice too the inflated price
I would be more interested in its service history especially in the case of a Ducati which would
influence my decision.
MY 2 Cents
good luck , remember it is a buyers market at the moment with lots to choose from.
Sabre Brian

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 12:37:32 AM »

Further to that, and this is something you may already know, but make sure you FULLY understand any 'extended' warranty they offer.  I got royally butt rooted over my warranty, which wasn't worth the paper it was written on.
Grendel

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 12:56:37 AM »

thanks for the replies.  It's only just come onto the market, and it might be on consignment.  So a couple of variables there.  I certainly won't be paying what they are asking and I think my absolute max is $15K, depending on how I feel after the test ride.

the dealership isn't the best and they might give me some attitude, but I can only try.
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 01:18:57 AM »

From the pictures  it looks like a S4rs , with ohlin suspension,(there the gold looking front forky thingys) to be sure it should have an S4RS sticker on the top of tank.
The full  termi system with ecu and air box is worth and extra $3.5k new. Shocked
Imo if it is an S4rs with those klm, thats  to good price, as there are only 3 on Bike sales, you ain't got much to choose from. Tongue
Depending on the overall condition,rego, tyres, and if it had the proper 12000 klm service and with books and red key  Huh?

Other than that, its an S4rt, the T for being the Testastretta engine, (the poverty version of the S4rs) note the deep sump is the give away. Wink
Made From about 06 on wards,
And again there are only 4 off those for sale including the one you are looking at, on bikesales,
may be top dollar then but not buy much, Tongue
the dealer needs to make a living etc,if you can squeeze $500 out off him imo you wont be doing to bad.
Or you will have to wait till some else is desperate to let one go for $12k or less Tongue

ps i know a good Tricolore for sale but a tad dear
Wink

in memory of Brian W, 2010 /2015
oldmanevo

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 01:40:09 AM »

Hi, I am new to this forum but this seems to be top price for an 07.  Given at the moment you can get 2013 brand new monster 1100 with free termi kit on road for list price of around $19,900 and if you can haggle you might be able to get for around $19,2 or $19,3 it seems to be a little high IMO.  Anyway good luck with what you decide and hope you get a deal that meets your need.  Cheers
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 02:44:08 AM »

Be careful Rob, remember what happened last time you said that!!  laughingdp laughingdp

Oldmanevo, for some people that is a big difference between an original old school monster and the new gen monsters.

On the price of the bike being spoken about, Rob has pointed out some very important items being pipes/ecu/air combo.
We all know we like our Ducati's to sound like Ducati's so these are a must and expensive to buy as bling after buying a bike.
Most of the carbon is standard, if it is an Rs the only things that are not standard are the full radiator sides and rear hugger (cause I have no idea what a front hugger is!!)

I'd be offering him $13-$14k really.
But hey what do I know.

Hope you find yourself on it for a tidy sum.

Sabre Brian

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 12:17:23 AM »

Sir Rob, mine has S4RS on the top of the tank and a Testastretta badge on the side.
Roaduser
will be back on the road june 16

02 m800 with extras

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »

Other than that, its an S4rt, the T for being the Testastretta engine, (the poverty version of the S4rs) note the deep sump is the give away. Wink

hang on, isnt the testastretta a smaller, lighter, more efficient and simply better head design?
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »

hang on, isnt the testastretta a smaller, lighter, more efficient and simply better head design?

Yes to all that i think Huh?
 the easy way to differentiate between the two engines, is the sump configuration  Kiss
The Testastretta engine, is in the S4RS and S4rt (commonly known as the S4r) not the S4 Tongue

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:08:47 PM by Sir Rob s » Logged

Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »

Yes to all that i think Huh?
 the easy way to differentiate between the two engines, is the sump configuration  Kiss
The Testastretta engine, is in the S4RS and S4rt (commonly known as the S4r) not the S4 Tongue

Adding to the confusion there I think Rob.

The S4R had the 996 motor (not the deep sump).
The S4Rt has the 998 testastretta motor.
The S4Rs has the 998 testastretta motor with (largely) unnecessary gold bling to ruin the aesthetic appeal ... particularly for the Tricolore which is already a mis-match of odd colours.

The S4 had the 916 motor and DSS - most will find that a little easier to identify.

Believe post content at your own risk.
FIFO
Doing the latter

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »

Adding to the confusion there I think Rob.

The S4R had the 996 motor (not the deep sump).
The S4Rt has the 998 testastretta motor.
The S4Rs has the 998 testastretta motor with (largely) unnecessary gold bling to ruin the aesthetic appeal ... particularly for the Tricolore which is already a mis-match of odd colours.

The S4 had the 916 motor and DSS - most will find that a little easier to identify.

Now we're all confused,   bang head

Surpring how well Tricolores go at concourses popcorn
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:26:09 AM by Sir Rob s » Logged

Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »

Now we're all confused,   bang head

Surpring how well Tricolores go at concourses popcorn

Just proves that a Concours is not a beauty contest.

But your confusion is understandable ... your colour scheme has that effect on people  cheeky Grin

Believe post content at your own risk.
Wells

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 02:59:59 PM »

The S4Rs has the 998 testastretta motor with (largely) unnecessary gold bling to ruin the aesthetic appeal ...

Says the guy whose avatar is of the brand that is responsible for the colour mismatch.

Surpring how well Tricolores go at concourses

Do you mean how well RAINBOW monsters go at concourse?.. Surely that's the limit of your experience.

2005 M620
Hi. I’m Troy McClure. You may remember me from such self-help tapes as “Smoke Yourself Thin” and “Get Some Confidence, Stupid!”
NYTimes: "...highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: