Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:31:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brisbane Catch-up...  (Read 2943 times)
Woodyjbh

« on: October 21, 2013, 03:12:24 AM »

Guys,

I know there's a few of you out there. Whats the best way to catchup and chat about all things Ducati? Do we need to arrange a bit of a ride day soon or what??

Woody
Sabre Brian

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:13:09 PM »

I'd be keen.  I tried to organise a ride ages ago but it never happened.
Woodyjbh

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 01:39:52 AM »

I'm thinking early Saturday November 9th. im assuming this will give enough time for everyone here to read and post if their keen. Im northside but happy to do southside if the majority are down that way. TBH I'm more interested in chatting and picking peoples brains about things but a little riding will go down well too...

Thoughts?

Woody
Sabre Brian

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 03:52:58 PM »

I'm Ipswich mate, but I have found the ride spots down this way tend to have less boys in blue hanging around.  Tamborine/Canungra/Beechmont/Mudgeeraba loop is one of my favourites.  Tamborine/Canungra and Lower Beechmont all have good places for a feed and if you want some scenery we could go for a ride to Springbrook and check out all the gorgeous waterfalls.  Just a suggestion.
oldmanevo

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

Hi Woody. I am interested and on the northside also.  I am flexible with north or south however am going on a two day ride later that week so would not be looking for a long ride on the 9th.  Happy to look at a early morning  say 8.00 with a stop for coffee and chat somewhere and home by lunch.  Otherwise would have to be another weekend.   One option would be out to Samford and up to pitstop cafĂ© on Mt Mee.  Anyway up to others but I am a definite maybe at this stage.
Cheers
MonsterDorf

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 01:56:32 AM »

I should be able to get some time off from the chores on the 9th, pencil me in!
Twizted

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »

I should be able to make a ride then.
Woodyjbh

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 03:08:29 PM »

Okies....

Meeting at the 7-11 across from the Eatons Hill hotel at 8am. Gonna ride out through clear mountain then cut left and go through Dayboro then onto Mt Mee and stop at Pitstop for a coffee and a bite. Then, keep punching through Mt Mee, down to D'aguilar highway. On the day we can discuss whether to go left through kilcoy sommerset onto Nebo/Glorious or just cut right and head to Bruce Highway. Or maybe even U'turn and do Mt Mee again.

I've not run any 'official' rides before but seeing as there will only be a few of us, I dare say sticking together won't be too much of a drama. Keeping in mind, I'm aiming for an easy pace with nothing more than speed limits given the plods current focus on bike riders...

Oh, anyone got any dramas if I ask some ducati riders from other places along? They may not be monsters but the brand names the same...

Woody
oldmanevo

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 03:00:40 AM »

Oh, anyone got any dramas if I ask some ducati riders from other places along? They may not be monsters but the brand names the same...

Woody

All sounds good with me Woody. I have no problem with asking other duc riders along.  I will be doing the speed limit thing as well as can't afford anymore "photo opportunities" at the moment.  Happy to be tail end Charlie as long as I get there.   The route seems fine but I will probably double back from D'aguilar and come back over Mt Mee as need to be back by 12.00.
MonsterDorf

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 06:46:57 PM »

Hmm, start point is 1.5 hours from my place and Mt Mee/Samford is quite a busy place on the weekend.

What happened to a ride south? I did Mt Lindsay two weeks ago and despite a bit of road work and some choppy sections it was a pleasant ride with little traffic of any kind.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:09:09 PM by MonsterDorf » Logged
Sabre Brian

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:57:32 PM »

I'm not interested in the policefest at Glorious.  I'm out.
Woodyjbh

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »

Apologies Oldmanevo... I guess its all to hard...

Didnt organise a ride south because everything a good hour and half ride away... no surprises there.

Decided on Mt Mee because its quiet on saturday mornings. I know cause I've been up there a bit now in the last month or two.

And there was no plan to go to glorious....

Guess I'll just stick to the mixed clubs that have lots of interested riders regardless of time or place.

Cheers fellas.

oldmanevo

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 12:01:24 AM »

No worries Woody, guess I won't turn up at 7/11 on Saturday then.  I agree with you.  Mt Mee is usually not too bad on the weekend.  I don't do the Glorius thing anymore either as too many nuts coming and going.  Was happy to do pit stop as I go there a bit anyway.  Maybe I will catch you sometime.  Anyway all good.  Going to do a run down through Kyogle, grafton, dorrigal and surrounds next week so hope the weather holds.  Anyway thanks for trying and maybe others might want to organise a south ride and we can tag along another day.  Cheers
Twizted

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 12:51:47 PM »

What the? I was all set for this ride. Set the alarm got up checked the thread for any changes and it's cancelled? I live an hour from the start point too but was still gonna rock up.  bang head

loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 04:04:03 PM »

For those who venture south stay away from the boonah beaudesert rd, roadworks everywhere! Go through boonah and take the mt. Lindsay highway instead

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: