Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:05:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My M750 hates me.  (Read 1334 times)
PabloM750
New monster owner, old monster fan

Love my monster.

« on: November 25, 2013, 04:07:40 AM »

Hi all.   Please only read if bored..I tend to ramble in my old age.                                                48 hours of oddity , fire old M750 with many ks. It's missing bad in one cylinder , odd flame, i think maybe fuel, bad plug, coil..anyway thinking the worst..even thinking to move up the 900ss motor a new months..take round the block with it poppin then pulling, just as I get home from my blast it comes good. Ok..sleep on it before this mornings commute. Hit the button this am 30 mins late so knowing is a rule breaking gp style qualified run on freeway followed by some nice corners, then boring ..then narrow 2 lane insanity. Warm up..kiss the dog, hug the mrs, little blast up the street aim for freeway entrance , lean in hard right and nail it...100 pulling 130 nice clear merge. Just settling..and ....................................

Front cheap ass china brake lever locks up front wheel! Fast as he'll I can feel the G's forcing my fat ass forward hard....aim for the emergency lane...better superman there than middle lane with the drunk fruit truck driver behind.   Coast into lane with rear wheel floating and landed it like some dude from south central on his gixer 7fiddy  from utube . Who ever seen must have had heart failure...turns out the small wire clip was hitting the original base allowing the screw to wind in so hard brake compressed from sudden vibration. 

Cursed..I think is time for a full service lube clean tightening session.

Please if you have levers from the orient , check em real well.

I can't say was skill as have had a few offs in my time. But through it all I remember like a flash back what my good mate at Honda has taught me over many years.. Please if your rusty, get some training from the masters..could save your life tomorrow.

Wish I was riding now ,instead I'm planning tomorrow's ride. First ride at 7 years old, never been bike less since.
jrh001

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »

We had intermittent ignition problems with the M600. It would "fix itself" then occasionally drop a cylinder or not start. The problem turned out to be a faulty ignition pickup which eventually failed completely. Brad Black did the repair. The ignition pickup is inside the engine case and connections are soldered.

JH

dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »

~Fairly standard problems with my M750 (PUTANA) she got that name for good reason!!  waytogo laughingdp

Ignition pickups?? Normal occurrence apparently! Got mine fixed at "Small Coil Rewinds"down Geelong way.

Use ONLY standard fuel otherwise it'll shit plugs and run like a bucket of crap!!

I use the Platinum plugs which last MUCH longer than the standard large electrode ones!! Which trades off the higher price! (Dont spend too much time on choke if you dont want them to foul up)

She is a pregnant dog but I ride her a lot more than my 1000DS. Its bare bones with bugger all adjustable but I love her!! 96,000k and going strong!! Dolph waytogo

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:57:48 PM »

She tried to slap you one for buying her cheap jewellery laughingdp.

2015 Scrambler 800
Bazz21

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:56:44 PM »

welcome to the ducati family what was that old saying ( ducati turning riders into mechanics since 1926 )

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: