Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:56:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling  (Read 1828 times)
techno

« on: December 02, 2013, 08:47:36 PM »

After 6 years of ownership I think its time to put the monster up for sale. This is not the ad but seeking advice as I haven't sold a bike for a long time.

Have people found its better to put it back to stock and sell the mods separately? Is it easier to sell a near stock bike rather than a modded one? Obviously the stock version would sell for less.

I see a lot of bikes for sale with very little km. Makes me sad no one has ridden them. Mine has about 43K over 8 years for an average of about 5K per year. Not much but I suspect buyers may baulk at a Duc with that sort of mileage.

BTW, its a 2005 S2R800. Mods are upgrading brakes to S2R1000 spec, 999 rear shock with new spring and new front springs. Full Arrows system with Carbon end cans. Other mods are a few bits of carbon and short levers. I am the second owner and had it since 2007. Full service history and all keys. I know its a buyers market but I was thinking about $9,000.

Any advice, other than keep it?  Tongue

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »

Even with the mods that way high. I've been seeing s4rt/s's for that much. And low mileage s2r1000s going down here for 6000-6500.
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:20:02 PM »

Even with the mods that way high. I've been seeing s4rt/s's for that much. And low mileage s2r1000s going down here for 6000-6500.

Down here? I think Techno maybe a bit further south than you.

Sorry Leigh ... I am of no help to you - the Boss tells me you don't sell Ducatis. Big question is - what is on the horizon?

Believe post content at your own risk.
Bazz21

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 10:08:33 PM »

sounds about right for the mods you have done leave them on just advertise that all the standard stuff is avaliable , what r u getting cheers bazz

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
WayneR

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 12:36:05 AM »

You're in the Oz section. Prices are AUD, not USD.  bang head

$9k sounds ok to me, with those mods. I would expect people to try and haggle because of the Kms. There don't appear to be many S2R800s on Bikesales at the moment though, so that might help.

06 S2R 800
05 620
loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 12:40:38 AM »

you probably know this already but tassie is a bit of a double edged sword when it comes to prices, for the wider market, aust wide, getting it off the apple isle adds expense, but for a local to buy, it's a limited market so if it's a nice bike and you price it right hopefully it will stay local and you will get good money.

As for your price? klms might put some off but for me that shows it hasn't been plagued with issues, it's the bikes condition that wins out over everything else, even a full service history. if it's obvious a bike has been lovingly cared for then doing a full service to bring everything up to date is no big deal. i think you're spot on with your price, good luck with the sale, now, what are you getting to replace it??

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
techno

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »

Thanks for all the replies. I thought I was about right with the price.

Tas is a bit of a hard market although we have better transport options now than when I purchased my current bike from Sydney in 2007. I had to go outside the state because I couldn't find what I wanted here at the time. I will put up the ad and see how things go. I will keep enjoying it in the meantime.

As for whats next, it changes on a weekly basis. I don't want to get too worked up about it until the monster sells. Then it will be time to test ride some bikes and decide what gets me going.

If anyone here is interested or knows someone who might be, please PM me. Special pricing for forum members. Grin

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 06:06:55 PM »

Well I'm a dumbass. The thread popped on my tapatalk app and I didn't realize it was oz. lol
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »

general rule of thumb

you might see 10% for your extras

where if you remove them you will prob see 50% or more of their value

It is also far easier selling a cheaper bike than trying to keep the price up because of what you have in it

so in short , back to stock where possible and sell the extras off seperate

have seen it plenty of times
you will net more $$ by splitting it up than selling it whole

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: