Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:24:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HP AND TORQUE FIGGERS  (Read 1546 times)
Bazz21

« on: December 20, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »

as some are well aware im started looking for another bike taken alot for a ride and one thing i cannot work out is how bike companys have a claimed horse power sorry ill get with the times kw but when u ride them your weighting for the rush but nothing happens take one bike that i really wanted to like because it so comfy it was a triuph tiger 1050 supposed to be 115 hosres at crank and 102 nm of torque but in real world u have to keep the thing near red line to get any where o and it handled like one of those big spring things the kid ride in parks is it just me or am i too fussy chher all bazz

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 01:13:12 AM »

you're too used to the torque of a twin i'm afraid, that fat seamless power delivery of a ducati cannot be replicated in any other road bike, i rode a vtr1000 and it was gutless compared to my dirty old 900 monster i owned at the time, probably outrun it up top but that wasn't the point...

I had my brand new S4 monster in for it's first service and they gave me a honda hornet, not a bad bike, i was thrashing the nuts off the thing, i genuinely thought it was a 250, nope! it was a 600, i've not given anything else a sideways glance since

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
Bazz21

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 01:35:16 AM »

thats the problem they quote numbers but it dosent work in real world unless you want to ride around on the rev limiter it did open my eyes cheers

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
Sabre Brian

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »

I had a mate with a new ZX6 who kept hassling me to race him because he thought it was going to crap on my monster.  I told him what the power and torque figures were on the monster compared to his cruddy little half litre, but he just wouldn't listen.  So I found a nice straight bit of road and believe me, now he understands.  LOL.  I beat him by so far that I suggested maybe I go home and get the cafe racer out to make it more even.
Bazz21

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »

I had a mate with a new ZX6 who kept hassling me to race him because he thought it was going to crap on my monster.  I told him what the power and torque figures were on the monster compared to his cruddy little half litre, but he just wouldn't listen.  So I found a nice straight bit of road and believe me, now he understands.  LOL.  I beat him by so far that I suggested maybe I go home and get the cafe racer out to make it more even.

i used to love doing that on the passes the jap bikes would pass me then once i got on the twisties i would round them up they hated that and i didnt need to change gear just roll om brake hard dive in roll on the throttle ,in the real tight stuff the monster was the quickest bike iv ever owned  cheers bazz

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
monstermick58

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:50:23 AM »

See Bazzzz,

yooove bin spoilt by th best

so now your'e trying th rest

giv em all a test

and ....................

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print