Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:05:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S4RS 08 chain tightening help  (Read 1705 times)
Sabre Brian

« on: February 11, 2014, 03:15:33 AM »

Anybody got a how to video or something on how to tighten the chain?  Stupid single swing arm.

Thanks in advance.
Bazz21

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:40:30 AM »

yep right at the back of the hub of the sss there should be 2  bolts its easier if u take wheel of   back them of  now the hard part if u havent got the correct tool but dont panic if u havnt on the inside of the sprocket u should see a toothed ring now get a flat object and from the the spocket side place a large scew driver though the spocket opening onto one of steped teeth of the adjuster now gently rotate the sprocket while holding the driver and the chain will tighten or get looser if it gets tighter u are going the right way if it gets looser go the other way and it doesnt have to move far to tighten  cheers bazz

MAX SAYS MORE WOOM WOOMS
Sabre Brian

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »

Thanks Bazz
techno

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 04:06:45 PM »

If you read the manual it says take it to your local Ducati dealer. Like I'm gunna do that every time.

Bazz is right with his instructions.

If you can get a c-spanner the right size its much easier. I borrowed one from a mate who has a Honda VFR. The spanner is the same size. I got my brother in law to knock up a copy for me.

You also need to torque the two big bolts at the back of the swing arm. I think its 33Nm but you will find it on here somewhere. Too much and you risk damaging the axle. Too little and it might come undone.

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
Sabre Brian

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:54:17 AM »

Good old youtube.  I found an instructional video.  Thanks again guys
GK

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »

If you can get a c-spanner the right size its much easier. I borrowed one from a mate who has a Honda VFR. The spanner is the same size. I got my brother in law to knock up a copy for me.

My VFR 800 had the easiest and quickest chain to adjust of any bike I've owned. Magnificent.

I wish my Monster was as simple.  bang head

GK 

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: