Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:32:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Official" Hill Country Ride Thread *May29-Jun2*  (Read 88291 times)
LYD

« Reply #525 on: June 02, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »

Since its all messed up make it a dry clutch!  Grin

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #526 on: June 02, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »

yeah, rough day in the Ol' HC...

Got up, had some fresh coffee, then rode all 3 Sisters...

We're currently at a biergarten in Fredericksburg.

Remember, jealously does not become you  Grin

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
RichD

« Reply #527 on: June 02, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »

Duke made it back in one piece!
-so did the pod
-so did I...

I think the dog needs to Detox for a couple of days... he's home sleeping.

Oddly, I'm at a bar having a beer.

GREAT TIMES this week!
More to come for sure!!!

-R

DFW-MFer!
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #528 on: June 02, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »

Duke made it back in one piece!
-so did the pod
-so did I...

waytogo

I think the dog needs to Detox for a couple of days... he's home sleeping. How about some hair of the dog instead. Grin

Oddly, I'm at a bar having a beer.   Huh?

GREAT TIMES this week!
More to come for sure!!!
 drink

-R

Master of Suds / LSD - Department of Hooliganism
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #529 on: June 02, 2008, 07:00:50 PM »

I made it home...

The device in my domicile that attempts to reduce Texas summer temps to something somewhat bearable was not functioning. Cry
Being the Dude that I am, I managed to rig it. But it made me late for work.

Far worse it made me forget to bring a mini-USB cable to work so I could upload some photos. Angry

RichD.
Apparently there is no actually Courthouse in Medina. To small I guess. Just a J.P.'s office where I am suppose to show up to get A-Styled. The nearest "seat of power" would be Bandera, then Kerrville. Should I just do my "180 turn" at the Bandera courthouse to choose my help. Or should I take a shot at "the man" in Kerrville since Bandera is pretty friggin small as well? Would that person really be able to help with the Medina ticket?

I am completely clueless about these things. Huh? PM me if you'd rather.

cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #530 on: June 02, 2008, 07:36:54 PM »

I made it home...

The device in my domicile that attempts to reduce Texas summer temps to something somewhat bearable was not functioning. Cry
Being the Dude that I am, I managed to rig it. But it made me late for work.

Far worse it made me forget to bring a mini-USB cable to work so I could upload some photos. Angry

RichD.
Apparently there is no actually Courthouse in Medina. To small I guess. Just a J.P.'s office where I am suppose to show up to get A-Styled. The nearest "seat of power" would be Bandera, then Kerrville. Should I just do my "180 turn" at the Bandera courthouse to choose my help. Or should I take a shot at "the man" in Kerrville since Bandera is pretty friggin small as well? Would that person really be able to help with the Medina ticket?

I am completely clueless about these things. Huh? PM me if you'd rather.

I wonder if you call the contact number on the ticket and ask to speak to the judge (JP or otherwise) and ask for a chance to do defensive driving to keep the ticket off your record.  On a trip to Big Ben, I got a ticket from the local sherrif's deputy of Jonhson County.  The Judge let me do defensive driving and gave me probation.  It cost the same as paying the ticket but it does not get reported to the state.  Afterall it's just a business and your cost for entertaining yourself.

cdc
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #531 on: June 02, 2008, 07:49:03 PM »

Unfortunately, thanks to the "reported" speed, DD is not an option on my violation.

P.S. I am not trying to get out of paying for my offense. I man up with the best of em when the time comes. But taking it in the bobo on my insurance, on my salary, because a bored constable hooked me up with no lube on rather questionable stop in the middle of absolutely nowhere with absolutely no one around isn't manning up. It's grabbing your ankles. I am perfectly willing to pay for my "error", but in this case I think the funds are going to someone besides the county. And that's based on the advice of my council... of elders.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:00:49 PM by MurDuc » Logged

El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #532 on: June 02, 2008, 07:55:17 PM »

Unfortunately, thanks to the "reported" speed, DD is not an option on my violation.

bastards!

cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #533 on: June 02, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »

P.S. I am not trying to get out of paying for my offense. I man up with the best of em when the time comes. But taking it in the bobo on my insurance, on my salary, because a bored constable hooked me up with no lube on rather questionable stop in the middle of absolutely nowhere with absolutely no one around isn't manning up. It's grabbing your ankles. I am perfectly willing to pay for my "error", but in this case I think the funds are going to someone besides the county. And that's based on the advice of my council... of elders.  Wink

Sorry to hear that.  Did not mean to imply that you did not want to pay the fine.  Just commenting that whether you pay the fine or ask for probation, the cost is the same.  The name of the fee (fine vs "court cost") may be different but the system gets you either way hence it is a "business" as far as I'm concerned.
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #534 on: June 02, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »

The name of the fee (fine vs "court cost") may be different but the system gets you either way hence it is a "business" as far as I'm concerned.

I completely agree.  waytogo

Sorry, I might be a bit touchy at the moment. Coming home to no A/C was not fun, and someone at work decided tonight would be a good night to let all hell break loose... and not inform the devil. Tongue

Honestly though, not being able to post my pics ATM is what's really pissing me off.  bang head

I'll be fine after a nice homebrew, a good nights sleep and a chance to count my tip jar. Shocked

MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #535 on: June 02, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »

bastards!

"Dude! You came back for me."  Grin

bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #536 on: June 02, 2008, 11:08:53 PM »

What a trip!

It was great to see some new faces out on a HC run and of course it was great to have some of the usuals out there too.

Most of the issues and incidents have been mentioned, so I'll just focus on the great stuff.

Many many many thanks to Swanny for the food donation.

MurDuc the brewmiester himself out did himself and brought some outstanding beer.

Hiero, probably could have cooked up dinner and replaced a clutch at he same time. Seriously, thanks for the cooking and the tech repair on the disabled bikes.

DLS, thanks for leading the pack around the HC. Chasing a PS1000 in the hills is fun.

Most importantly everybody iin our group has made it home safely.

Here's to another great trip.  chug
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:25:23 PM by bryant8 » Logged

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
never2loud
« Reply #537 on: June 03, 2008, 04:16:41 AM »

It's great to hear most everything turned out to be fun.  Sorry about the "other" aggravation.

Glad everyone made it home safe   waytogo

Now rest up - there's another Hill Country Run in October  Evil  Maybe we can get Swanny to go this time!
hiero

« Reply #538 on: June 03, 2008, 05:11:12 AM »

It's great to hear most everything turned out to be fun.  Sorry about the "other" aggravation.

Glad everyone made it home safe   waytogo

Now rest up - there's another Hill Country Run in October  Evil  Maybe we can get Swanny to go this time!

laughingdp  so eager lisa!

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #539 on: June 03, 2008, 06:49:40 AM »

Our gang made it home...

Dropped Rich off about midnight. Anyone know there's a hoppin' club downtown? Place was PACKED,Monday night at midnight. Craziness.

Dumped a semi-conscious Svoloch around 12:30 this a.m., & crawled in myself before 1.

Safe & sound, just TIRED..... Tooooooo much fun  drink chug [moto] coffee laughingdp applause

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: