Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:24:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Official" Hill Country Ride Thread *May29-Jun2*  (Read 88324 times)
MurDuc

2003 M1000S

« Reply #585 on: June 03, 2008, 05:16:44 PM »

Bryant, you were the planner, man. Thanks a bunch for pulling this together with rooms, cabins, lists, etc.  waytogo

Yeah no shite.
You da man Bryant. Keeping all of us on track, and keeping track of all of us. You really do make this thing happen with all that work in the background.

Master of Suds / LSD - Department of Hooliganism
LYD

« Reply #586 on: June 03, 2008, 06:11:02 PM »

...and a huge thanks to all who pulled bikes on trailers for those of us who would have to ride down other wise. I would have been f****d!

Bryant, you were the planner, man. Thanks a bunch for pulling this together with rooms, cabins, lists, etc.  waytogo

Ahem!! laughingdp

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #587 on: June 03, 2008, 06:21:53 PM »

Ahem!! laughingdp

Yeah, Mindi was a champ, putting up with us while we waited for "make the beast with two backsing Cory." We also appreciate you waiting up for us while we unloaded last light. I know my wounded Duc' is in good hands!

BTW--your lawn looks freakin' awesome. waytogo
LYD

« Reply #588 on: June 03, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »

Yeah, Mindi was a champ, putting up with us while we waited for "make the beast with two backsing Cory." We also appreciate you waiting up for us while we unloaded last light. I know my wounded Duc' is in good hands!

BTW--your lawn looks freakin' awesome. waytogo
laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp I was just mess'n  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
hiero

« Reply #589 on: June 03, 2008, 07:11:36 PM »

This might have been mentioned already but were the ribs and beer battered fish fillets okay?

Swanny

absolutely AWESOME!  like desmolu said, we just dipped the fish in some lime juice and fried those suckers up nice and golden, awesome...

then I made up a batch of my special hill country bbq sauce and slathered those suckers up before and after frying in the oil for a few minutes, worked out WELL!  waytogo

thanks again seriously swanny!  I can't believe what this community is willing to provide for members they haven't even MET!!

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
El Matador
Do I need knee pucks for my

'06 S2R1K, '07 695 - Sold, '99 996 - Sold, '04 Hurricane Project

« Reply #590 on: June 03, 2008, 07:12:53 PM »

Murduc, here's the label for the beers next time:

♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #591 on: June 03, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »

OMG! YUM!
Thanks so much for those! I ate so much food I need to have my suspension re tuned. I owe you some beers man. waytogo

dude....i stepped on a scale about an hour ago (though i did have some new boots on that i'm trying to break in)....and, well, we won't say how much i packed on this weekend.  we'll just say, it was so make the beast with two backsing worth it....   drink chug  and i'm already looking forward to the next one!   waytogo

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Ronr

« Reply #592 on: June 03, 2008, 09:21:20 PM »

I don't know where to begin.  I had such a great time doing everything.

Bryant - great job organizing and setting us up in Austin and The Ranch.  Within walking distance from our hotel to various pubs and eateries in the 6th Street neighborhood.  But of course who wants to walk when you can ride!  And I still owe ya for beers at the Gingerman.  I think you bought about 5 pitchers!!
MurDuc - Holy crap man, you make some awesome freeking beers!!  I brought some store bought beers for people that aren't into good beer, but everybody was devouring the homebrew.  That's a great sign of a quality group!  And the glasses were a surprise.  Those really turned out nice.  Let me know if you're ever looking to adopt.
RichD - Enjoyed the good bs, and we all got to experience the maiden voyage of the genius that is the PugglePod 9000.  Duke was a pretty cool little guy too.  Maybe next time, learn to cook some ribs....
Duc L'Smart - We needed a good dictator kicking our arses every now and then.  It was too easy to slip into total slacker mode and relax on the porch looking at the creek, the mountains, the trees, enjoying the breeze and witty banter, listening to the soft scrubbing sounds of Cory and his can of Plexxus.  I know it's a pain riding point all the time, but I really appreciated it.  You probably saved me from myself.
Will - my first Monster ride!  Took a little getting used to, but very fun.
Hiero - Thank You, for bringing your tool kit and fixing my brake issue so I could keep going.  That could have turned out ugly, based on some stories I heard from some of the other guys in the group.  Thanks for preparing the food too.  Couldn't have been better.
Swanny - Wish you could have made it down.  Very Nice of you to provide all that meat and fish.  It went down really well after riding all day and not eating much out on the road.
Cory - I nearly lost my license plate when one of my little wing nut reflectors fell off. Appreciate the replacement
ScottDuex - for stopping me before my license plate flew off!
Ducdood - we all appreciated the box of burgers - thanks!
Barnee Phife - cool camera rig for videoing the rides.  Excellent capture of Will flying by the Constable.  And the articulating P-Pod in action on the road.

Everybody - just hanging out in the cabin and at the pool, getting to know the local guys better, meeting the group from down south.  Everybody pitched in and helped each other out, with preparing the meals, cleaning up, buying rounds of gas.  I think we had at least 10 people work together pumping up an air mattress that refused to inflate.  A great group of folks, and can't wait for the next time.
dallas2r

« Reply #593 on: June 03, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »

Ok seriously people, I can not remember the last time I've had so much fun. There's definitely an inverse relationship to the amount of beer drank  drink and the amount one can remember bang head.  With all the pics and one-liners posted we'll always have a pretty good recap to refresh our memories.

All the usual suspects have been thanked and I won't belabor the point other than to give my personal thanks to you. Bryant, David, Jason, Swanny... you guys always go above and beyond. If you ever need anything, I'm there.   waytogo  ... If David and Jason ever open a brew pub with Jalapeno/Cilantro chutney bbq ribs on the menu, you've got about 15 guys who'd invest.

Ron, thanks for helping me get my bike transported safely and for the demo ride yesterday. I'm already trying to figure out how I can possibly afford a black 1098S.  Grin  The road beers were a nice added touch.  chug

Thanks to Patrick, Cory, Scott, Rich & Rich for the demo rides on Sunday. That was truly an awesome experience I'll never forget.  [moto]

George and Lane, thanks for the cigars...

Chipo, DesmoLu, ScottDeux (man that was a bad-ass run  [moto]) and the rest of the Austin crew (permanent or temporary) at Mings ... it was great meeting you.

Definitely a good group. I'd take a bullet for any of you (and by bullet I mean hot woman and or cold beer Grin ).

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #594 on: June 04, 2008, 07:52:55 AM »

Murduc, here's the label for the beers next time:

laughingdp applause laughingdp applause
seriously choking laughing!! wow.

MurDuc, please please pleeeeeeease brew the Gay Rambo Ale!!!

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #595 on: June 04, 2008, 08:42:07 AM »

Don't forget the Puggle Pod Porter  waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #596 on: June 04, 2008, 08:44:12 AM »

I almost forgot to thanks the 695 Rescue Squad (Bryant, Rich, and Jim) for re-braving the gravel and boulders of 337 to accompany me back to KR to pick up the "Duc Truck" and rescue the 695.

And definitely thanks to Patrick for staying with George while we did the commute back.   chug chug
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:39:26 AM by bryant8 » Logged

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #597 on: June 04, 2008, 09:37:31 AM »

And definitely thanks to Patrick for staying with George while we did the commute back.   chug chug

Poor guy, having to put up with me and the locals...  Tongue
never2loud
« Reply #598 on: June 04, 2008, 09:39:37 AM »

Poor guy, having to put up with me and the locals...  Tongue

What, like locals with banjos?  Evil
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #599 on: June 04, 2008, 10:26:06 AM »

Poor guy, having to put up with me and   the locals...  Tongue

At least they're not racist or anything...

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: