Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:37:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd Bike  (Read 2417 times)
SRduc

07 M695 07 Sprint 1050 - Both Black

« on: July 10, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

I've been busy giving in to my obsession.  Also just got tired of trying to convince myself that I enjoy driving the Monster to Boston and back for work at least once a month.  Too many bags and straps an too many fuel stops.  I always said the second bike would be for touring.

Enter the new addition:  2007 Triumph Sprint ST-ABS 1050.  Phantom Black. 
Picked it up yesterday and am writing this from Boston tonight.  Sweet ride.  This pup is built to tear up the highway.  I drove it all the way on one tank and still have reserve.  Great ergonomics-- like the Monster-- can crouch and lean for sport or stretch out for comfort.

Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:16:30 PM »

I have taken some long trips on the monster, it's not the best choice for that.  Nice ST  waytogo great bike for travel.  How do you like the ABS?  Do you notice the difference?

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
SRduc

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »

I rode up today along wtih my buddy on his sport classic.  It was a fast ride.  And let's just say, I came up on an exit a little too hot... and had an opportunity to feel the ABS kick in.  I noticed it when I expected to be faced with a momentary lockup, but that never happened.

I should add that after arriving I felt very fresh.  Wider, cushier seat.  Much, much smoother ride.  1050cc and 3cyl vs. that 2-banger 695 with termies just doesn't shake you up as much.
FLSTFI_E46

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 06:22:51 PM »

Congrats !  waytogo ... and I thought you were gonna end up with the Duc ST you test road at Cliff's.
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

GORGEOUS BIKE, enjoy it!!  If there is one thing i do wish i always had it is a bigger tank......

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
dizzle

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »

Yay Triumphs!

Usual Suspects
SRduc

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 03:37:59 PM »

Congrats !  waytogo ... and I thought you were gonna end up with the Duc ST you test road at Cliff's.

Yes, I did enjoy the ride on that  '07 Red ST3 at Cliffs.  Especially after the Multstrada, which is an upright riding position I'm not looking for.

Then I rode a Silver '08 Sprint ST at Rockwell and was amazed at the difference.  Smoother, more power, ABS, more contemporary styling.

Then I went back to my old friends at Duc Soho where I bought my Monster and was done solid by Bill on a leftover '07.  Rockwell couldn't touch the deal and the ST3 was also more expensive for less bike up at Cliffs.

Got back from an even zippier ride back from Boston this afternoon.  Testign the cornering on this sport-tourer and it feels real nice on those clover leaf off-ramps.  If I could, I'd get back on and go back for another loop.  Awesome bike.  Can't wait till I can open her up after break in.
androgynous

if you need change in your life im your cashier

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 04:48:30 PM »

congrats  waytogo

If you need change in your life I'm your cashier
The Don

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »

she's a real beuty

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something. - Plato
mjlandy

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 01:20:11 AM »

Yes, I did enjoy the ride on that  '07 Red ST3 at Cliffs.  Especially after the Multstrada, which is an upright riding position I'm not looking for.

Then I rode a Silver '08 Sprint ST at Rockwell and was amazed at the difference.  Smoother, more power, ABS, more contemporary styling.

Then I went back to my old friends at Duc Soho where I bought my Monster and was done solid by Bill on a leftover '07.  Rockwell couldn't touch the deal and the ST3 was also more expensive for less bike up at Cliffs.

Got back from an even zippier ride back from Boston this afternoon.  Testign the cornering on this sport-tourer and it feels real nice on those clover leaf off-ramps.  If I could, I'd get back on and go back for another loop.  Awesome bike.  Can't wait till I can open her up after break in.

litre bikes are fun!
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 05:44:46 AM »

Love the exhaust!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: