Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:33:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Ride, Sun July 13th 9:00 a.m. @ Montague's  (Read 3424 times)
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« on: July 11, 2008, 07:23:00 PM »

I propose that meet Sunday morning at Montague's at the regular time to drink coffee, tell tall tales, discuss business and maybe ride.   coffee

Would like to talk about club participation and getting the "ride" out.   [moto]

Maybe we could ride to Bishop's Castle, or Victorville.  Anybody up for it?   Cheesy

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »

Sounds awesome!

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

Sounds awesome!

Not if you work on Sundays!!!!  :-(  Anyone down for a for a quick jaunt up to Deckers tomorrow?

brew

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:30:20 AM »

Ahhhh damn...i cant make either ride this weekend!... Huh?
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 09:15:06 AM »

My family is up from Alb. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get free. Perhaps for coffee. Prolly not for the ride.

Gringo 999

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »

My family is up from Alb. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get free. Perhaps for coffee. Prolly not for the ride.

Bring 'em along!

cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »

How did it go out there? Post up...!
Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:32:09 PM »

I was preforming an oil change. The car started dinging last night which ment it was time so that was my morning.

Gringo 999

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »

How did it go out there? Post up...!

Cooleye,

Thanks for asking.  We had a decent turn-out and a decent ride.  4 new members showed up along with JSlyder and his better half.  All toll 7 folks, 6 bikes rode.  Rode to Victor thru Florrisant and had a quick bite to eat outside in the warm Colorado Sun in rustic Victor - 100 miles up and back.  [moto]  I would post a picture, but I haven't found a way host my pics here yet.  So here's the official bike tally: red 999, yellow 1098 and red 848, red multi-strada, graphite ST2, and a maroon yamaha FZR (I think).  Traffic was a factor on every road - even the short ride between Victor and Cripple Creek had a fair amount of tourists.  And there was a motorbike cop working both ends of Ute Pass. Police   That's why we need to depart the Springs earlier during Summer weekend rides.  waytogo

I'll get an official trip report out to the Dogs tonight hopefully.

Any ideas for future rides from your eye?

Il Duce

J_Slyter

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 06:54:28 PM »

Cooleye,

Thanks for asking.  We had a decent turn-out and a decent ride.  4 new members showed up along with JSlyder and his better half.  All toll 7 folks, 6 bikes rode.  Rode to Victor thru Florrisant and had a quick bite to eat outside in the warm Colorado Sun in rustic Victor - 100 miles up and back.  [moto]  I would post a picture, but I haven't found a way host my pics here yet.  So here's the official bike tally: red 999, yellow 1098 and red 848, red multi-strada, graphite ST2, and a maroon yamaha FZR (I think).  Traffic was a factor on every road - even the short ride between Victor and Cripple Creek had a fair amount of tourists.  And there was a motorbike cop working both ends of Ute Pass. Police   That's why we need to depart the Springs earlier during Summer weekend rides.  waytogo

I'll get an official trip report out to the Dogs tonight hopefully.

Any ideas for future rides from your eye?

Il Duce

Ok Pres, I can forgive you getting my forum name wrong, and not knowing what kind of Yamaha my wife rides, but c'mon...mistaking a ST4S with the 996 Superbike engine in Senna Gray (commemorating the great Ayrton Senna) for a Graphite (isn't that a BMW color) ST2 is unforgivable.

I propose your punishment be...you shall not pass any Harley Davidson on the next club ride.
Gringo 999

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 07:02:38 PM »

Ok Pres, I can forgive you getting my forum name wrong, and not knowing what kind of Yamaha my wife rides, but c'mon...mistaking a ST4S with the 996 Superbike engine in Senna Gray (commemorating the great Ayrton Senna) for a Graphite (isn't that a BMW color) ST2 is unforgivable.

I propose your punishment be...you shall not pass any Harley Davidson on the next club ride.

Ouch.  bacon  Can I plead "tired"?  That is a horrible Pres on 4 counts.  Well if you do the crime you have to be prepared to do the time.  Police But, c'mon my penance is not to pass a HD???  How about I wash your Senna Grey ST4S with the 996 superbike engine instead? 

Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 07:52:03 PM »

Oh, I am loving this. 

S'okay Pres, we had a guy buy a 1098 a couple weeks ago while I was on vacation, and when I got back he informed me he bought the "1024" or something rediculously NOT a 1098.  I told him he was a grundering disgrace!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 07:55:34 PM by Smitch » Logged
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 08:14:11 PM »

wow...great customer service down there, eh?  Roll Eyes

Evil j/k  Evil

Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 07:37:14 AM »

He was so embarrassed!  We had a good laugh about it.  waytogo
Gringo 999

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »

He was so embarrassed!  We had a good laugh about it.  waytogo

Let's hope he rides better than he (or I for that matter) remember bike nomenclatures.   [moto]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: