Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 10:55:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from sunny (usually) San Diego  (Read 1452 times)
5D3CanonGirl

« on: October 02, 2014, 08:04:19 PM »

Let's see, my name is Alani, I live in the San Diego, California area and ride a Monster 1200S, which I simply love riding!!!   Dolph  It's my 1st Ducati, and I'll say without hesitation, it's the best bike I've ever owned!  All of my former motorcycles were Japanese--Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki--the last being a 2006 Hayabusa--a very fast & smooth bike, but too heavy, tall & long of a reach for me.  It's not in the league of my Monster, though, which is the perfect bike for me.   Grin  Anyway, I look forward to meeting & learning from other Ducati riders.   Smiley
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 03:31:43 AM »

Welcome  waytogo

Hayabusa to 1200s.  How are you managing with so little power?   Grin

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
5D3CanonGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 06:55:06 PM »

LOL, you'll laugh when you hear why I bought a busa to begin with, and it wasn't because it was the fastest stock bike in the world at one time, either.  I asked a mechanic what bike he'd recommend having an engine that would last a long time.  He started telling me of Hayabusa motorcycles getting 200,000 miles+, and I was sold.  OMG the bike was fast, though.  Once, and I'm not telling when  Roll Eyes I had it up to roughly 165 mph, but mostly I drove it fairly conservatively.  When I did decide to replace it, I wanted something more my size, so I started looking for a smaller bike, something in the 600 to 800cc size, but my friends thought that would be a big mistake, and then I found Ducati   applause, and quite frankly, I think under 120 mph, the Monster 1200S has no problem at all keeping up with a busa.   Cool  It's also a beautiful, lean bike, too, and definitely a better fit for me.   Smiley
George S

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »

Welcome to the club, 5D3CanonGirl!   Dolph

Crotch rockets are great... for a while. But nothing beats a Monster!!  Grin

I bought an S1000RR the first year it came out. Absolutely amazing bike, handled like a dream, and was freaking amazing (oh, I already said that). Anyway, I still found myself riding my S4R a majority of the time. Not quite as prone to getting speeding tickets and honestly more of a head turner than the S1000. That was a fast bike though. I live in SD, btw. And if you've ever ridden the Sunrise highway, you know that 2 mile, perfectly straight stretch of road. I damn near twisted the throttle off the S1000 on that road. Don't know how fast I was going... all I could focus on was the fact that I was quickly running out of road! Anyway, I just sold that bike. So now my S4R gets all the love it deserves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: