Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 09:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truckers Monster Rebuild  (Read 298541 times)
Ahks
Modest with his

« Reply #525 on: November 07, 2010, 09:16:50 AM »

newbie question m8
wtf is that? Smiley

eccentric adjuster for the swing arm angle... so you can get the geometry perfect for your use... you continue to amaze me with your ingenuity.

truckinduc

« Reply #526 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »

they dont align because this was the old design. 

Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #527 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:24 AM »

they dont align because this was the old design. 

Since you're getting rid of that, you have to promise me that you'll duplicate the quality of the finish on that weld in at least one other place on the finished product.

chug

truckinduc

« Reply #528 on: November 07, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »

maybe
Ahks
Modest with his

« Reply #529 on: November 07, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »

maybe

this guy says "maybe" as if his drive for clean projects would allow him not to lol
Nibor

insanity far outweighs horsepower

« Reply #530 on: November 07, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »

nooooo!

i got to the most recent post hahaha  Angry  Grin

maaate! seriously, you have some bloody decent talent. if you can and are interested, maybe look at a few little side projects like triples and stuff, people on here really are interested in them and you will make money. money for parts, parts for monster  Grin

top effort mate, keep it up  Wink
dvyce

« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2010, 07:39:06 AM »

maybe

Tucker! I have a small (maybe not too small) request.  I have a 696 and as we all know, it uses a wet clutch system.  I am tinkering with the idea of a clear cover so i can see the splash.  perhaps a riveted  or seal with small bolts.  Some kind on metal on the outer lip and a bored hole in the middle (perhaps 5" radius) where a clear cover would go held by rivets or a washer-like seal on the out lip of the clear cut-out material.  Obviously this clear plastic would be slightly smaller than 5" radius to allow some kind of washer application to prevent a leak.  Am i making any sense and if so, is this possible?
(not considering a dry conversion cuz i rather not have to deal with the sound it makes)  Thanks m8
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:43 AM »

Yep, possible.

For KTM at least. . .

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Raux
« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2010, 09:41:11 AM »

Tucker! I have a small (maybe not too small) request.  I have a 696 and as we all know, it uses a wet clutch system.  I am tinkering with the idea of a clear cover so i can see the splash.  perhaps a riveted  or seal with small bolts.  Some kind on metal on the outer lip and a bored hole in the middle (perhaps 5" radius) where a clear cover would go held by rivets or a washer-like seal on the out lip of the clear cut-out material.  Obviously this clear plastic would be slightly smaller than 5" radius to allow some kind of washer application to prevent a leak.  Am i making any sense and if so, is this possible?
(not considering a dry conversion cuz i rather not have to deal with the sound it makes)  Thanks m8

right now on ebay there is a kit doing exactly what you are asking for
avizpls
TECH

« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2010, 11:43:41 AM »

right now on ebay there is a kit are 30 kits doing exactly what you are asking for

dvyce

« Reply #535 on: November 08, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »

right now on ebay there is a kit doing exactly what you are asking for

I searched the web and ebay and found nothing. I even searched the UK hosted site.  Perhaps the listing has ended
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #536 on: November 08, 2010, 12:10:03 PM »

I searched the web and ebay and found nothing. I even searched the UK hosted site.  Perhaps the listing has ended

same with me but i think we are just searching for the wrong thing... can some one throw up a link to the ebay listing please

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
truckinduc

« Reply #537 on: November 08, 2010, 12:14:06 PM »

here are some photos and a how too.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30048&page=5
Raux
« Reply #538 on: November 08, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »

found it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140461402485
dvyce

« Reply #539 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:53 PM »

Thnx a ton, its ended but i sent a pm so lets see what i get back from him.  I know its mainly a DIY however i do not have all the tools.  remember i am in Ghana and wont have access to all the hardware u chaps easily wld. 
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: