Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:36:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 428766 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2015, 11:27:52 AM »

I don't think either of Ducati's riders are second class J.

I think the bike needs to take another step or two.

Seamless tranny? Gigi and the riders agree that they can now focus on the small items that win races. I think they should also start looking at riders that can consistently win (beating that dead horse).

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2015, 11:36:18 AM »

Seamless tranny? Gigi and the riders agree that they can now focus on the small items that win races. I think they should also start looking at riders that can consistently win (beating that dead horse).
Dovi and Crazy Joe are not Rossi or Marquez, but they're capable of winning races.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Triple J
« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »

Dovi and Crazy Joe are not Rossi or Marquez, but they're capable of winning races.

Three second places in the first three races indicate the bike is capable too. Put Rossi or MM on the bike now, and I'd bet they win races. That doesn't mean they don't have room for improvement, but the bike excuse should be gone. Even Honda needs to improve some.

Dovi is proving me wrong this season about his ability. I wouldn't call him second class, but I wouldn't yet call him an alien either...but he's close. He could easily win the championship if he gets back to regular podiums, and MM, Rossi, JLo, and Pedro all rotate wins.

Ianonne has yet to prove that he can consistently lay down fast laps for an entire race. I like him a lot, but he needs more experience. Apparently he is having trouble working the electronics to get the most out of the bike. At the moment he is second class, and the bike has more ability than him. I don't expect him to stay that way though.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2015, 11:55:52 AM »

Ianonne has yet to prove that he can consistently lay down fast laps for an entire race. I like him a lot, but he needs more experience. Apparently he is having trouble working the electronics to get the most out of the bike. At the moment he is second class, and the bike has more ability than him. I don't expect him to stay that way though.

+1 I see more potential with Crazy Joe than with Dovi, who at this point in his career is more set in his ways. The problem with being consistent, but not aggressive is that the Aliens are both consistent AND aggressive. Jorghey has issues racing others, but once he's in the lead, he's pretty much untouchable. MM and Rossi have the potential to win on any given Sunday (or the one Saturday). I see this in Iannone. He definitely has the aggression, but desperately needs the consistency.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2015, 01:11:06 PM »

I don't think either of Ducati's riders are second class J.

I think the bike needs to take another step or two.

I'm not sure about that... I think the bike is def competitive at this point and it just might be missing that missing X factor from one of the alien riders.  The reason I say this is because of that year Dovi has as a factory honda.  He had basically the same bike as Dani/Stoner but always just placed 3rd in the standings.  He's fast, hard to get past... but missing that last little 10th to get that first place finish.

I'd say that by the end of this year's development the bike should be pretty well sorted out.  Giving them a whole nother year to develop unrestricted might be a bit much to me.  I feel Duc should have the rest of 2015 to develop but that should end with the start of the 2016 season.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »

I guess you all have a point...and you're entitled to be wrong. Grin

I still don't think they should change the rules they all agreed to because the unibrow Duc is scaring them.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

lazylightnin717

we used to play for silver, now we play for life

« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2015, 04:56:18 PM »

I guess you all have a point...and you're entitled to be wrong. Grin

I still don't think they should change the rules they all agreed to because the unibrow Duc is scaring them.

Agree 11ty billion percent.

Ducati played by the rules. Everybody else can make the beast with two backs off  Cool

(The manufacturers can make the beast with two backs off. Not you guys. I like most of you)

Comes a time
When the blind man takes your hand
Says don't you see
Gotta' make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #292 on: May 05, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »

laughingdp

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #293 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:27 PM »

What Livio fails to discern is the true meaning of the word competitive.
Livio knows exactly what competitive means...he just doesn't care. If he could get away with it, he'd hang lead weights on all the other bikes - just to be sure  Evil

WRT Dovi and other riders challenging for the title; it's very rare in the history of "MotoGP" for a champion to not have a blue-ribbon pedigree.  From old-man Rossi on down, they've all been champions at all levels of their careers - even Nicky Hayden.  Only 'oddity' I can think of is KR, Jr. in 2000.

So, I wouldn't expect the MotoGP Champion to come from outside the group of aliens under normal circumstances; that is, barring season-ending injuries, Ben-type mechanical nightmares, etc.

Dovi and Iannone might win an occasional race or two, but I would think Ducati wants to do more...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:05:31 PM by OT » Logged
The Architect

« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2015, 02:31:09 AM »

Speaking of Ben, I wonder if he'll ever come back?

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2015, 02:44:30 AM »

Maybe now that the Duc is getting closer to the sharp end they'll be able to lure someone else...

but who?

I think the next Alien might be Quatararo, but I think Honda has him sewn up already.

perspective

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2015, 09:15:54 AM »

I would have put my money on Vinales 2 years ago. Kent is completely dominating Moto3 this year. There are not enough Hondas out there so good riders need to trickle down to the other manufacturers. With Vale looking like he will never retire and Jorghey still in the mix, Ducati should have enough choices now that they have a competitive bike.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2015, 09:17:20 AM »

Speaking of Ben, I wonder if he'll ever come back?

I dont think there has been any word of Ben since the retirement... I truly think he's just out of it for good and happy to be just riding bicycles.  His last couple of years in MotoGP would sour anyone from stepping back in I think.

I would have thought he might have been involved with the MotoAmerica series, maybe as an announcer or coach.  Offhand... I was also expecting CEII to be a lot more interesting to watch as an announcer.  Saw in when those races played... just seems like he was told to read the lines and nothing more.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
The Architect

« Reply #298 on: May 07, 2015, 03:13:40 AM »

Kent is completely dominating Moto3 this year.

I think the young riders need to work their way through Moto 3 and 2 before getting into Motogp.  There is so much they need to learn.  Interesting to see how Jack Miller progresses.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #299 on: May 11, 2015, 07:10:12 AM »

Rules stability concerning subsidies and bike pricing from 2017 on:

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/05/11/motogp_in_2017_and_beyond_towards_a_brig.html

They all sound pretty good to me and I have to say that I'm impressed from where these rule changes started with CRT to the kind of racing we're seeing today.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: