Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:39:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 428572 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #510 on: October 08, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »

What are the rules around putting the RC213V-S on the grid?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #511 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:40 AM »

There are homologation rules, but I'm not sure what configuration rules there are in SBK.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #512 on: October 08, 2015, 05:23:02 AM »

Moto3 is the 'nads.

Moto2 has been dominated by one rider. The one's that are close are starting to make him feel the pressure.

Can't go wrong with either.

Moto3, any and all races.  waytogo

Agree moto3 is great

Just finished, or rather caught up on, the Moto3 season.  Wow. Shocked Other than Indy, every race has been fantastic.  Never a dull moment.  If only MotoGP had that level of parity.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
bdfinally

« Reply #513 on: October 08, 2015, 07:20:46 AM »

Mostly an article about Hayden's move, but they mention another American's move for next year.

Hayden's departure from MotoGP leaves the series without an American rider for the first time in 40 years. He leaves big boots to fill, as Hayden has always had a huge following, and more significantly, he is the last American rider to win a MotoGP title. The MotoAmerica series is still in the early stages of rebuilding after years of decline in the hands of DMG, but there are hopeful signs that it can produce new talent. Cameron Beaubier, Joe Roberts, Jake Gagne, JD Beach and Hayden Gillim have all been touted as future world championship contenders, but none of them have yet made the jump across the ocean. Ironically, the US' best chance of a championship could come in the shape of the man likely to be Hayden's teammate at Ten Kate. PJ Jacobsen is reported to be close to a deal with Ten Kate for 2016 to race in the World Supersport championship. The American will finish as runner up to champion Kenan Sofuoglu this year, and along with Jules Cluzel, was the only rider to take the fight to the Turkish multiple champion. With increased support from Honda next season - either as part of Ten Kate, or with Ten Kate backing inside the CORE Motorsports team - Jacobsen has a good shot at a title.

https://motomatters.com/news/2015/10/08/nicky_hayden_switches_to_wsbk_in_2016_jo.html

The tyranny of the rat race is not yet final...HST
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #514 on: October 08, 2015, 07:43:36 AM »

Supposed to be a new bike next year.

Question will be is it going to be competitive out of the box or will it be a development year.
Correction...

according to BD's link new bike in 2017. Undecided

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #515 on: October 08, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »

What are the rules around putting the RC213V-S on the grid?

Minimum production quantity of 1000 units, maximum price of 40k Euro, available for sale to the general public.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #516 on: October 10, 2015, 08:53:36 AM »

Correction...

according to BD's link new bike in 2017. Undecided

That's too damn bad. Honda desperately needs something fresh & competitive this coming year. They, along with Suzuki, are practically a joke in WSBK and Nicky will likely be getting the same results he's been getting in MotoGP. Way bad. Yamaha is back and looking to kick serious butt. Honda no longer has the fire and Soichiro should be rolling in his grave.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:42:45 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #517 on: October 11, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »

Curious, as I don't know the/an answer.

The whole production-bike-based WSBK series begs a question from me -- ten to 15 years ago Ducati was winning titles with 998s, 999s and their successors, that seems to have been in the spirit of the series; bikes that I could see and test-ride at dealerships (some of you could even afford them  laughingdp). Have the recent and current WSBK-title winners (e.g., Aprilia) been as accessible/affordable, or has WSBK evolved away from its roots into a quasi-developmental series?
Düb Lüv
ASE master internet mechanic

« Reply #518 on: October 11, 2015, 11:40:10 AM »

I was really hoping to see bimota for 2015 since they didn't meet homoligation last year.

Building, building, building
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #519 on: October 11, 2015, 06:42:11 PM »

The whole production-bike-based WSBK series begs a question from me -- ten to 15 years ago Ducati was winning titles with 998s, 999s and their successors, that seems to have been in the spirit of the series; bikes that I could see and test-ride at dealerships (some of you could even afford them  laughingdp). Have the recent and current WSBK-title winners (e.g., Aprilia) been as accessible/affordable, or has WSBK evolved away from its roots into a quasi-developmental series?

They never were racing the exact bike you bought off the showroom floor so in that regard they are still accessible/affordable.  Run on down to your dealer and grab a Panigale 1299R or an Aprilia RSV4 Factory. You'll have fun!   Evil Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #520 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:10 PM »

The new rules actually bring them closer to streetbike spec. I know they curtailed a lot of the engine mods to make the racing cheaper and more parts are based on production spec. Previously those bikes were making ridiculous numbers on highly modified machines.

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Raux

Re:
« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2015, 03:40:34 AM »

Super stock is probably close to street bikes
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #522 on: October 14, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »

I'm not the only one...

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/10/14/sometimes-being-the-fastest-rider-on-the-planet-isn-t-enough/187059

Right now, I’ve got Rossi as a marginal favourite, simply because we have seen that being the most explosively fast rider on the planet sometimes isn’t enough.

Lorenzo is the fastest rider in MotoGP in 2015. Ask Rossi and he will tell you that. Ask Marc Marquez and he will tell you that.

But racing isn’t just about raw speed and consistency. You have to be prepared for whatever circumstances get thrown at you.

perspective

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #523 on: October 14, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »

Yet more proof that mountain bikes are dangerous:

http://www.crash.net/wsbk/news/224146/1/biaggi-ruled-out-of-qatar-by-injury.html

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
m9hundo

a.k.a. gil

« Reply #524 on: October 14, 2015, 11:09:11 AM »

Good news Alex de angelis alert and conscious

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121312

whats moepery? moepery is when you expose yourself to a blind person.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: