Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 07:48:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 433999 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #675 on: November 30, 2015, 02:21:56 PM »

And they've apparently screwed themselves by not having any manpower learning the spec software.
And with the Michelins, it's yet another variable.
It's a very ugly looking situation.

I think it's more of an ego thing with HRC thinking that their engineers are so outstanding that they can simply learn the new software and make it work perfectly in a very short amount of time.

I can only imagine that Ducati's factory software was not as advanced as either HRC or Yamaha's. If that's the case, providing the most amount of feedback on the spec ECU would allow them not only time to adapt, but also a way to focus the software to where the Duc would be the most effective.

I can see how dumbing it down will affect riders like Jorghey the most. The ECU won't be adjustable to the point where it's perfect in every corner. Throw in the Michelins and I see a rough go at least in the first few races for the newly minted champion. This might be Ducati's best chance at winning a race, before their competitors find something.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Triple J
« Reply #676 on: November 30, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how the Honda motor is this year. They get 2 extra L, so that should help with both the power and aggressiveness...depends on what they do though. Ducati meanwhile is still at the same fuel level, so probably won't see much change.

I think the riders told HRC about the problems, and they were ignored. People are always quick to blame the riders about development, but all they can do is relay what they're feeling. The engineers have to fix the problems.

I too think JLo may be in for a rough season. This could be a really crazy season!  waytogo
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #677 on: November 30, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »

I'm convinced that the Honda F1 debacle is hogging resources, leaving the MotoGP side holding the bag.
Definitely a corporate ego problem at the root of it; "We are Honda. We can kick ass in F1 and MotoGP simultaneously."

I suspect you're right about JLo.
His style of riding smooth right on the razor's edge will suffer when using the two new blunt instruments.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Needle99

« Reply #678 on: November 30, 2015, 08:50:00 PM »

Jlo is definitely going to struggle for the first half season.
I expect another strong VR start to the season. His ability to adapt will come in useful early.

Really do agree most likely race win for the Duc is a Crazy Joe win early on.....

Am interested to see how MM adapts this year to another cruddy bike early on. They will sort it a fair amount during the season, but how much of a "Captain Crash" will he be early on?

2004 S4R, Full Termi Kit, marving midpipe, DP Clutch pressure plate, Rizoma Open Clutch Cover,  Ducabike Slave Cyl and some tasteful carbon blingy goodness
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #679 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:18 AM »

Nicky about the first days on a WSBK  Cool

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #680 on: December 01, 2015, 08:00:41 AM »

Nicky about the first days on a WSBK  Cool

An interview with Nicky from Oct.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2015, 08:13:21 AM »

Nicky did remarkably well on the POS Fireblade. He was not very consistent, but was able to pull in some fast laps. He was up there with the Kawis and Ducs. I would have loved to have seen him on a Duc.

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #682 on: December 03, 2015, 07:06:07 AM »

Nice article from Lanesplitter on how rule changes will affect the upcoming season.  Starts off written aimed at outsiders, but the info on tires and ECU has some good gritty detail that I found interesting.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/these-changes-are-why-you-have-to-start-watching-motogp-1742368351

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:59:13 AM by 1.21GW » Logged

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #683 on: December 03, 2015, 10:50:06 AM »

Nice article from Lanesplitter on how rule changes will affect the upcoming season.  Starts off written to outsiders, but the info on tires and ECU has some good gritty detail that I found interesting.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/these-changes-are-why-you-have-to-start-watching-motogp-1742368351

This is an excellent article for those casual MotoGP watchers. It really does break down the changes and it adds a lot of excitement for next year. I just hope the season lives up to the hype.

thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #684 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:21 AM »

I'm also pretty sure that the guy who wrote it is known as Lindz in this forum

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #685 on: December 18, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »

Wonder how it's going to shake out now:
http://fox13now.com/2015/12/17/judge-in-tooele-vacates-sale-of-miller-motorsports-park-to-chinese-company/

Some heavy hitting on the crack pipe here:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/pikes-peak-international-hill-climb-officials-mandate-one-piece-handlebars-for-2016-in-the-name-of-safety/

"Even if a motorcycle fits the rules it is not guaranteed to be accepted."

Where do these people come from?

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #686 on: December 18, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »

Sounds to me like they're bowing to their insurers and trying to not admit it.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #687 on: December 18, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »

So just feeding a line of BS to the insurers.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #688 on: December 18, 2015, 01:39:33 PM »

So just feeding a line of BS to the insurers.
Or completely the opposite direction, and they don't want to scare off the viewing audience.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #689 on: December 18, 2015, 02:31:34 PM »

That is the dumbest shit I heard 'today'.  bang head

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: