Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 428450 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #750 on: January 22, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »

I remember that Rossi had stopped selling MM stuff last year.
The article disputes up that rumor...

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #751 on: January 22, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2016/january/fim-confirm-sepang-data-will-not-be-released/

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #752 on: January 25, 2016, 07:05:12 AM »

Dorna does not want to continue down this road. Rossi is still a cash cow and it's evident that Dorna has tagged MM as his successor. If this would have happened with Jorghey or Pedrosa it would have been a different story. Both have the personality of a chair. I'm sure that before the season both will be forced to sit in a room and read the riot act. They can't afford to have their 2 most likable riders at each other's throats.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #753 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:54 PM »

Dorna does not want to continue down this road. Rossi is still a cash cow and it's evident that Dorna has tagged MM as his successor. If this would have happened with Jorghey or Pedrosa it would have been a different story. Both have the personality of a chair. I'm sure that before the season both will be forced to sit in a room and read the riot act. They can't afford to have their 2 most likable riders at each other's throats.
I don't see that working with Rossi, not after the screwing he took this year.  They need Rossi; he doesn't need them.

I still wonder (to myself) how much influence Dorna/FIM may have had in Rossi going to Ducati, after the JL blowup at Yamaha and in the wake of Stoner leaving Ducati, and how much of a grudge Rossi may hold about that.  Everyone has their good and bad days but, overall, Rossi has been a great ambassador for MotoGP...he could have walked away years ago and no one would have blamed him.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #754 on: January 27, 2016, 08:45:01 AM »

I don't see that working with Rossi, not after the screwing he took this year.  They need Rossi; he doesn't need them.

I still wonder (to myself) how much influence Dorna/FIM may have had in Rossi going to Ducati, after the JL blowup at Yamaha and in the wake of Stoner leaving Ducati, and how much of a grudge Rossi may hold about that.  Everyone has their good and bad days but, overall, Rossi has been a great ambassador for MotoGP...he could have walked away years ago and no one would have blamed him.

Rossi has already said he will retire at Yamaha. Even though I do agree that MotoGP needs Rossi more than the other way, Dorna realizes that they can't milk that cow forever. They simply can't depend on Rossi racing for the next 10 years. For that reason alone, they have to protect their own interest in finding a few successor. Also remember that MotoGP existed before Rossi, arguably not at the same level of interest, but it will survive after him. Keeping him around as an ambassador will be very high on their list, but not forsaking a rider that will be around for a long time.

Business is business and the world does not revolve around Rossi regardless what the fan boys think.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #755 on: January 27, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »

Has Stoner started his testing on the Duc? I know he was going to Sepang, but I understood he was going to start testing prior to the official testing. The last update I found was a Tweet of him sitting on his old bike.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #756 on: January 27, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »

That was the plan, Stoner and Pirro to run the GP16 prior to the official test at Sepang Feb 1-3.

Haven't heard anything.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #757 on: January 27, 2016, 09:56:26 AM »

I wish they would publish those times. Unfortunately they won't. If Stoner manages better times in Sepang than Iannone and Dovi, Ducati will be putting on the full court press to try to lure him out of retirement if they're not doing that now.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2016, 09:21:45 AM »

Some pics of the GP16, and some speculation.
http://manziananews.blogspot.com/

Apparently Yamaha has adopted the external plug-in starter like Ducati uses.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
The Architect

« Reply #759 on: January 29, 2016, 09:35:08 AM »

Some pics of the GP16, and some speculation.
http://manziananews.blogspot.com/

Apparently Yamaha has adopted the external plug-in starter like Ducati uses.

I'll start by saying I'm not old.

But I remember when bikes were beautiful.  That thing is ugly.  I hope it can compete. 

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #760 on: January 29, 2016, 10:51:43 AM »

I'll start by saying I'm not old.

But I remember when bikes were beautiful.  That thing is ugly.  I hope it can compete. 

I'll start by saying I'm old, and that make the beast with two backser is beautiful.  Cool

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #761 on: January 29, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »

They do look nicer with an appropriate color of paint on them.

Flattish black carbon burlap is not so appealing.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

HotIce

« Reply #762 on: January 30, 2016, 09:05:58 AM »

That was the plan, Stoner and Pirro to run the GP16 prior to the official test at Sepang Feb 1-3.

Haven't heard anything.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122638
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #763 on: January 30, 2016, 09:17:09 AM »

Reports are Stoner did some good laptimes on a GP15.

Also that he will ride during the official test Monday-Wednesday.

https://motomatters.com/news/2016/01/30/casey_stoner_makes_motogp_return_at_priv.html

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

duccarlos
Local Moderator

Re:
« Reply #764 on: January 31, 2016, 07:53:41 AM »

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/226339/1/casey-stoner-ill-do-whatever-i-can-for-ducati.html

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: