Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 07:54:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 433440 times)
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1455 on: March 07, 2017, 07:54:29 AM »

Most of those issues are disconnects between the brain and the right hand.

The riding style between the 3 series is quite obvious, Moto2 riders tending to slide the back more than Moto3 or MotoGP. It makes sense that this is the way the bike dictates to be ridden based on the electronics and not because of the different types of frames.
They're teen age boys. The use of the right hand is just becoming familiar to them. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1456 on: March 07, 2017, 09:40:43 AM »

laughingdp

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1457 on: March 09, 2017, 07:07:16 AM »

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/241693/1/stop-extreme-motogp-braking-part-1.html

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/241694/1/stop-extreme-motogp-braking-part-2.html

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1458 on: March 15, 2017, 05:23:30 AM »

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/242853/1/why-the-ducati-fairing-is-probably-legal.html

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1459 on: March 15, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »

Interesting!!  I'm surprised that Ducati didn't give Aldridge a hint of where they were headed before the big unveiling in Qatar.

It also sounds like they've made a big commitment to downforce in the front, where Yamaha went in a more moderate, adjustable direction. I guess that makes sense given the very different characters of the two bikes.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1460 on: March 15, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »

Interesting!!  I'm surprised that Ducati didn't give Aldridge a hint of where they were headed before the big unveiling in Qatar.

It also sounds like they've made a big commitment to downforce in the front, where Yamaha went in a more moderate, adjustable direction. I guess that makes sense given the very different characters of the two bikes.

Aldridge was not at Qatar for the testing. Unless they have something protruding from the sides, it will be approved. They all know it.

Not sure how adjustable the winglets are on the Yamaha, but there's a reason Ducati put on those huge wings on the bike last year. Not only for wheelie prevention, but for years their biggest complaint was front end feel. Apparently with the wings, it is more stable than the Yamaha, especially on corner entry. Their biggest issue right now is "mid cornering", which will require someone with a lot more knowledge than I to explain.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1461 on: March 16, 2017, 06:09:15 AM »

http://m.crash.net/motogp/feature/242871/1/motogp-2017-preview-ktm.html

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1462 on: March 20, 2017, 02:06:22 PM »

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/03/20/aero-fairings-what-we-ve-seen-so-far/221218

Interesting to see the different designs on one page. I just wonder if the satellite teams get the same access to the fairings. I don't remember if they were riding around with the winglets last year.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1463 on: March 21, 2017, 06:55:03 AM »

http://m.crash.net/wsbk/news/242942/1/menghi-limited-to-wildcard-worldsbk-outings.html

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #1464 on: March 22, 2017, 09:28:20 AM »

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/242972/1/crutchlow-marc-has-edge-over-maverick-in-headtohead.html

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1465 on: March 22, 2017, 10:37:08 AM »

Shocked

it seems Crusty is an MM fan.

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1466 on: March 22, 2017, 11:24:02 AM »

Shocked

it seems Crusty is an MM fan.

It seems Crusty is an astute observer of his colleagues. Fan or not, I think he's probably right, at least at this point in their respective careers. Maverick on the Yamaha is undeniably faster, but when it comes to head to head racecraft, Marquez is going to be hard to beat. I also doubt that's going to be the permanent balance of power between them.

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1467 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:37 PM »

It seems Crusty is an astute observer of his colleagues. Fan or not, I think he's probably right, at least at this point in their respective careers. Maverick on the Yamaha is undeniably faster, but when it comes to head to head racecraft, Marquez is going to be hard to beat. I also doubt that's going to be the permanent balance of power between them.

Well, Cal was making this observation knowing what MM was riding and likely since he battled more with Maverick than with MM last year. MM's racecraft has improved dramatically this past year to the "win at all cost" attitude he used to have. He is still as cut throat as he's always been, but with more patience. MM 2.0 should be a scary thought for everyone.

In Maverick's defense, he has not had the machinery to have the opportunity to be aggressive. He always needed to be smart and pick his spot. The M1 is the best packaged bike in the field right now. I think we'll see Maverick 2.0 starting Sunday, and this makes me very happy.

My earlier post was just a reaction at seeing any of them unabashedly show that level of more than respect. It bordered on admiration.

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #1468 on: March 22, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »

Agree completely - It's going to be fun to see the old story play out yet again this year - young challenger takes on the cagey veteran (who was once the young challenger). Even better, Maverick vs. Marc will be just one of the cool rivalries that plays out over the season - Rossi named 8 different riders who could win dry races this year, and noted that wet races will scramble the deck even further.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/242976/1/rossi-eight-riders-capable-of-winning-again-in-2017.html

waytogo waytogo waytogo

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #1469 on: April 18, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »

Has anyone seen something about this,

http://www.motorbikefans.com/ducati-consider-lorenzo-resignation-spaniards-advance/

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: