Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:54:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 428828 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1920 on: May 03, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »

Wow. Beautiful. Maybe I shouldn't sell my Gixxer.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1921 on: May 10, 2018, 07:58:31 AM »

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/895547/1/motogp-electronics-and-acceleration

I'm beginning to think that Yamaha is getting far less out of their IMU than some of the others.
It does explain their struggles, but Zarco's success throws a big spanner into that analysis.

Oh, and Spec IMU from 2019!

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1922 on: May 10, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »

Great article.

It pays to headhunt the right IT people from automotive industries and universties. I'm pretty sure that Ducati Corse and HRC have very good collaborations in that area and lure the best people. I guess that's a way to get an advantage with the standardised electronics, hire the best people to extract the most from the standardised component. So does having more money to throw at this (to lure the best people)  influence the outcome in a way that circumvents the levelling idea around standardised electronics? Teams will find a way to do it within the limit of the rules.

Does Z's team have an outstanding tech wiz, does the "old" bike have a better mechanical baseline, or is Z just that good? What do you guys reckon?

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1923 on: May 10, 2018, 02:51:53 PM »

Great article.

It pays to headhunt the right IT people from automotive industries and universties. I'm pretty sure that Ducati Corse and HRC have very good collaborations in that area and lure the best people. I guess that's a way to get an advantage with the standardised electronics, hire the best people to extract the most from the standardised component. So does having more money to throw at this (to lure the best people)  influence the outcome in a way that circumvents the levelling idea around standardised electronics? Teams will find a way to do it within the limit of the rules.

Does Z's team have an outstanding tech wiz, does the "old" bike have a better mechanical baseline, or is Z just that good? What do you guys reckon?
Pure speculation...any data from electronics that Zarco has, Yamaha factory has. Zarco is on the '16? chassis. He's that good.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1924 on: May 10, 2018, 03:53:06 PM »

Zarco must have the master ninja throttle control.

It's the only plausible explanation I can wrap my head around.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1925 on: May 11, 2018, 04:01:20 AM »

Zarco must have the master ninja throttle control.

It's the only plausible explanation I can wrap my head around.

He’s coming off a Moto2 bike with limited electronic aids. Both Rossi and MV are accustomed to riding a super computer.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1926 on: May 16, 2018, 07:21:58 AM »

More details from Pit:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/interview/896178/1/exclusive-pit-beirer-ktm-interview

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1927 on: May 16, 2018, 07:42:24 AM »

Looks like he and Herve` are still at odds/not on the same page about Tech 3's purpose.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1928 on: May 16, 2018, 08:04:35 AM »

Looks like he and Herve` are still at odds/not on the same page about Tech 3's purpose.

Ultimately Tech3 is Herve's team. He's already said that Bradley will not fit in. Pit may have an opinion, but not the final say. Herve seems to be more comfortable these days molding new talent from Moto2 rather than established riders that might have developed habits.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1929 on: May 16, 2018, 11:44:10 AM »

Ultimately Tech3 is Herve's team. He's already said that Bradley will not fit in. Pit may have an opinion, but not the final say. Herve seems to be more comfortable these days molding new talent from Moto2 rather than established riders that might have developed habits.
I understand that, but IMO it isn't the best way to start a relationship when the KTM boss says..."So I will now call Hervé and tell him to stop talking about being a ‘junior team’! Please! He made a deal with the factory and that’s why he has factory bikes for his team." and then says "I mean, there is still a last spot open in our total project and that’s why I said the ‘Junior Team’ is not fitting because even Bradley has a chance of that spot, and the Tech 3 team owner says no effin' way.

I see that as Pit wanting a certain amount of say in Herve's business. Maybe I'm wrong...maybe they just want to butt heads forever. Undecided
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:48:37 AM by ducpainter » Logged

perspective

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #1930 on: May 16, 2018, 02:05:18 PM »

I understand that, but IMO it isn't the best way to start a relationship when the KTM boss says..."So I will now call Hervé and tell him to stop talking about being a ‘junior team’! Please! He made a deal with the factory and that’s why he has factory bikes for his team." and then says "I mean, there is still a last spot open in our total project and that’s why I said the ‘Junior Team’ is not fitting because even Bradley has a chance of that spot, and the Tech 3 team owner says no effin' way.

I see that as Pit wanting a certain amount of say in Herve's business. Maybe I'm wrong...maybe they just want to butt heads forever. Undecided
French vs German

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #1931 on: May 16, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »

Grin

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1932 on: May 19, 2018, 09:38:22 AM »

It seemed the MarcVDS team drama was going to deflate rather quietly, but now looks like the shit has hit the fan:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/marc-vds-team-manager-leaves-le-mans-motogp-garage-disputing-allegations-of-missing-funds/

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1933 on: May 19, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »

It seemed the MarcVDS team drama was going to deflate rather quietly, but now looks like the shit has hit the fan:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/marc-vds-team-manager-leaves-le-mans-motogp-garage-disputing-allegations-of-missing-funds/
WoW...

the drama... Tongue

perspective

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #1934 on: May 19, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »

Gotta suck big time for the riders and team squad, they don't get paid enough to deal with that kind of shit.

Upper management has the handbags swinging, they get the big bucks so they are held accountable for not keeping that nonsense under wraps.
Slap each other silly, I don't care, just don't do it in public and undermine your folks on the ground.

Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: